What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 15 v Tigers

aussies1st

Staff member
The Canberra Raiders have named their three State of Origin stars in the starting lineup, for their important clash against the Wests Tigers on Sunday afternoon at Leichardt Oval.

Joel Monaghan, Tom Learoyd-Lahrs and David Shillington will be assessed by coaching staff following Wednesday’s origin match, with Raiders Coach David Furner naming an extended bench to cover any possible injuries.

Joe Picker and Travis Waddell have been named 18th and 19th man respectively, with Scott Logan and Adam Mogg moving back to the interchange bench to accommodate the changes.

Justin Carney has also been named in the squad in jumper number 20 and is there in case of injury.

David Milne has retained his place at fullback for the match against the Tigers after an impressive return to NRL footy after a 12 month absence, with Josh Dugan expected to be given an extra week to recover from his knee injury.

Raiders Coach David Furner said the team will have to lift for the tough road trip to Balmain, but said there were still positives to come out of Saturday’s loss to the Cowboys.

“It’s always a tough game against the Tigers at home particularly at Leichhardt but we’ll have some players back on deck which will help us,” Furner said. “I thought David Milne was excellent in his return to the NRL team and he made something like 272 metres with the ball so that’s encouraging.

“We also had to make some late changes with the late call up of Joel Monaghan last week so hopefully we’ll be a bit more settled in the preparation this week.”

CANBERRA RAIDERS V WESTS TIGERS
SUNDAY JUNE 20, 3.00PM
LEICHHARDT OVAL

NRL

1. DAVID MILNE
2. JOEL MONAGHAN
3. JARROD CROKER
4. JOEL THOMPSON
5. DANIEL VIDOT
6. TERRY CAMPESE (C)
7. JOSH McCRONE
8. DANE TILSE
9. GLEN BUTTRISS
10. DAVID SHILLINGTON
11. TOM LEAROYD-LAHRS
12. BRONSON HARRISON
13. TREVOR THURLING

14. ADAM MOGG
15. SHAUN FENSOM
16. TROY THOMPSON
17. SCOTT LOGAN
18. JOE PICKER
19. TRAVIS WADDELL
20. JUSTIN CARNEY

COACH: DAVID FURNER

http://www.raiders.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=26818

Plazzy

Juniors
The Raiders would have got the two points up north but fail due to some individual selfish players. The Tigers game will be a tough one but I hope the boys will be keen to amend some errors. It's all about team effort and tough mentality.

Cryptic

Juniors
Individual Selfish players? I thought it was more of a team sucking effort personally... Poor effort by most...

Cryptic

Juniors
sigh... f**king interwebs... need to throw it out and buy a new one...

*Double post*

I'll make use of it anyway...

Fensom to lock
T.Thompson to SL
Carney to the bench

Hmm.... I don't know... Maybe drop Mogg but we really do need the experience out there... Not that he helped a lot... When is Tongue back!

Last edited:

shear_joy9

Coach
troy thompson has been excellent the past few weeks, he doesn't deserve to be dropped. His current form would even warrant a new contract.

I really hope McCrone plays like a halfback , we cant afford to carry a third centre in a game.

Thommo's form has been good and having him around next year will be valuable.

shear_joy9

Coach
Don't even joke about such things.

I know it sounds absurd but you have to give the guy some credit. Since his dumping at sl and winge in the paper, he's put his head and played some very consistent football.

He hasn't made a mistake since his recall (5 games) and has been the sides most effective tackler. He's brought alot of energy to the team aswell when he comes on. You can't ask for much more than that from an interchange forward.

Cryptic

Juniors
Highest price and the highest odds... Plus the least picked of the week (7% of tippers).

People really don't watch our form do they... sh*t performances are usually followed by something a lot better :)

meatloaf

Juniors
Fensom really needs to be starting and when tongue gets back from injury do you guys think fensom should be slotted into 2nd row?

edabomb

First Grade
Fensom really needs to be starting and when tongue gets back from injury do you guys think fensom should be slotted into 2nd row?

I'm not too sure if Fensom in the 2nd row would work. He's not a massive 'go-forward' player, which we really need from out 2nd rowers with Tongue at lock.

I guess this is the problem every team is faced with. A club legend and captain has been surpassed in ability by a younger player, how much value do you place on his leadership and experience?

I prefer Fensom in the 13 and Tongue on the bench. Tongue starting at 13 is all good if it means he is never starting at hooker again though :lol: Seriously, that experiment was a disgrace.

meatloaf

Juniors
well im sure that Tongue is still an excellent player its just that we have forgotten that because he has no played 13 for about 12 months now

Latest posts