1. Round 7 Edition OUT NOW:

The Round 7 issue of The Front Row, our exclusive online e-magazine and NRL match programme for is out now!

The ANZAC Round edition of The Front Row shares stories of rugby league's wartime heroes from a century ago. As always, we have the full program for the coming weekend's action across NRL, NSWRL and QRL with a wrap-up of the weekend just gone.

VOLUME 2 ISSUE 7 - READ NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Round 15 Vs Broncos

Discussion in 'St George Illawarra Dragons' started by Gold_Coast Dragon, Aug 15, 2020.

1. possm

possm Coach

Harry Bath with 'Bath's Babes' is one of many examples that come to mind, Eastern Suburbs side of 1975 is another.

2. Lovemedragons

Lovemedragons Juniors

Dufty aint no Changa

Blood Shot Eyes likes this.
  3. SBD82

SBD82 Coach

I’m yet to see anyone claim that the win over the Broncos negates the need for improvement. So unless you can point to it I will assume that I missed it, or you’re extrapolating from incomplete information.

4. Old Timer

Old Timer Coach

How would you interpret a thoughtful critique of a game being answered with an accusation that there is whinging and whining and being told to basically shut up and "enjoy the win" and when explaining that you in affect did enjoy the win and were merely passing judgement / commentary on the game you are again met with the dismissive "enjoy the win" comment.

The fact is one person offers commentary and is criticised for that and accused of not enjoying a win and the ignorance the person making that claim is double downed on with further insistence by them to "enjoy the win" would seem to me that in the other persons eyes the win outweighs any need for worthwhile discussion and winning was sufficient regardless of the lameness of it.

In JA something similar occurred where a good quality critique post by someone was also met with "enjoy the win" mantra.

So as I said earlier if enjoying the win (whilst arcing up against critique posts) and looking for improvement are not mutually exclusive then why do this people think that enjoying a win and a critique somehow are?

5. SBD82

SBD82 Coach

How do you expect me to respond to vagaries? I don’t know if you’re paraphrasing or if there is further context.

As I have said previously, I haven’t seen anyone saying that celebrating a win negates the need for improvement. Could you please provide an example where someone has said that.

6. Old Timer

Old Timer Coach

Well if you haven't then little to no good of discussing it further as the posts are still there.

Your interpretation of things is obviously different to mine so be it.

7. SBD82

SBD82 Coach

I don’t think that’s obvious at all.

Could you please point me to the posts so that I can share my interpretation of them?