What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 15 vs. Dragons Discussion + Voting

Big Pete

Referee
Team:

1. Josh Hoffman
2. Dale Copley
3. Gerard Beale
4. Justin Hodges
5. Jharal Yow Yeh
6. Darren Lockyer (c)
7. Peter Wallace
8. Ben Hannant
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Scott Anderson
11. Alex Glenn
12. Sam Thaiday
13. Corey Parker

14. Jack Reed
15. Dunamis Lui
16. Mitchell Dodds
17. Dave Hala
18. Nick Kenny
19. Corey Norman
20. Kurt Baptiste

hellteam

First Grade
Team announced: http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...ges-origin-stars/story-e6frep5x-1226074866397

1 Josh Hoffman
2 Dale Copley
3 Gerard Beale
4 Justin Hodges
5 Jharal Yow Yeh
6 Darren Lockyer (c)
7 Peter Wallace
8 Ben Hannant
9 Andrew McCullough
10 Scott Anderson
11 Alex Glenn
12 Sam Thaiday
13 Corey Parker

Interchange:
14 Jack Reed
15 Dunamis Lui
16 Mitchell Dodds
17 Dave Hala
18 Nick Kenny
19 Corey Norman
20 Kurt Baptiste

Happy that we've given Lockyer Thaiday etc a chance to play, but completely not happy that it appears Beale is first choice left centre over Reed. Reed has been a rock all year at centre, containing opposition centres easily and becoming increasingly involved in attack. I like Beale but would prefer him on the wing/on bench.

user_nat

Coach
If it were up to me..

3. Reed
14. Baptiste

With Beale the unlucky one. As people return from injury some players have to go and I think Beale (or Copley I guess) is one of them.

IBA

Juniors
I suppose it is due to a bit of a 2nd row injury crisis... T'eo, Gillett, Carlaw out leave us with Thaiday and Glenn plus Parker in lock. I suppose Lui is a 2nd rower also. With Parker and Thaiday backing up i'm guessing Hook wants a good 2nd rower off tthe bench which we can't really field at the moment and Reed played well at lock on the weekend.

I hope the fact he is wearing the numbver 14 doesn't mean he is pegged as the utility to come into dummy half when he is on... I'd take Baptiste, Reed, Hala and Dodds as the bench. Or drop Copley, Beale to wing, Reed in the centers and Lui on the bench...

Will be interesting to see who lines up

Mr Saab

Referee
Get RID of copely....he is another scott minto/stu kelly. ZERO confidence in him at all.

Seagullsrock

Juniors
I suppose it is due to a bit of a 2nd row injury crisis... T'eo, Gillett, Carlaw out leave us with Thaiday and Glenn plus Parker in lock. I suppose Lui is a 2nd rower also. With Parker and Thaiday backing up i'm guessing Hook wants a good 2nd rower off tthe bench which we can't really field at the moment and Reed played well at lock on the weekend.

I hope the fact he is wearing the numbver 14 doesn't mean he is pegged as the utility to come into dummy half when he is on... I'd take Baptiste, Reed, Hala and Dodds as the bench. Or drop Copley, Beale to wing, Reed in the centers and Lui on the bench...

Will be interesting to see who lines up

That's not a very well balanced bench. You won't get long minutes out of Reed, Hala or Dodds in the forwards. Lui is lucky to be there IMO however. Kenny's also battling a niggling injury.

user_nat

Coach
Reed did play 80 in the forwards on Sunday..

Although it looked like he was close to dropping dead by the end of it.

Last edited:

IBA

Juniors
That's not a very well balanced bench. You won't get long minutes out of Reed, Hala or Dodds in the forwards. Lui is lucky to be there IMO however. Kenny's also battling a niggling injury.

We need two more props, Hala and Dodds are next in line for me, (I'm assuming Kenny won't be fit, kinda hoping actually) a second rower, i'd take Reed in the team over Lui a million times and a utility, Baptiste over Norman...

Dodds is good for 50 minutes a game, Hala has a good 30 in him. Reed has easily got 60 minutes at him rotating in and out as a wide second row. I noticed Baptise and McCullough were both on the field for a while on Sunday but I couldn't really tell who was supposed to be playing where...

Seems balanced to me but what else would you suggest?

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
While Reed performed admirably at lock given that it is not his preferred position, I did notice that he struggled to tackle the big guys on a consistent basis. Should def put him back at centre where he was been killing it and either Beale or Copley on the wing and the other to drop out all together. Then bring in Baptiste as the reserve hooker.

I agree with you Seagulls in that Lui is lucky to be there, I haven't been impressed with him at all so far this year. But with so many 2nd rowers injured there isn't much choice.

Seagullsrock

Juniors
Reed did play 80 in the forwards on Sunday..

Although it looked like he was close to dropping dead by the end of it.

Yeh but this week they're up against a side coached by a bloke called Bennett and I'm 100% certain he'll be sending more traffic at Reed than Canberra did. His lateral movement isn't great either for a centre/2nd rower. It will be a repeat of Wed night too with Creagh targeting Lockyer.

Cagey Mac

Bench
I don't think either side will be as listed
Let's hope we all get through this Origin season, injury free and ready for September

DecoyRunner

Juniors
Griffin would have to be a poor coach to send out a team he didn't believe was capable of winning. He may have rested players for certain matches this year, but he knows anything less than Brisbane's best and stgi will lap them. I think they'll run out as named unless there are injuries on Wed night.

He's a conservative coach. I don't believe he would name Hodgo unless he was right to go.

Assuming no Origin injuries, I think Lui, Norman and Hala will be dropped from the bench. I'd prefer Hala over Kenny but we need as much experience on the paddock as possible. Biggest club game of the year imo. Pity about the sucky timing.

Country Bronco

Juniors
As mentioned by Hook in the ins and outs video on broncos site. Reed has been named number 14 as he needs a bit of a rest after playing 80 minutes of lock against canberra. Also Beale has been one of the better performing broncos over a number of weeks. Not to say that I don't perfer reed at left centre.

diddi kong

Juniors
yeh well as much as i dont like kenny as a player, i agree that we need as much experience as possible, i would like to see carlaw there but nothing you can do about an injury. im worried about reed on the bench, better not be permanent or phasing him out, solid player and a personal favourite, take him over beale, particularly against gasnier, could be a tragedy with beale there. i dont understand this hatred of copley, he got found out in defence at centre but on the wing has been a strong finisher, i did like moylan though.

ill be touching wood everytime hodges gets the ball. bench; reed dodds kenny baptiste.

Dazzat

First Grade
Great work by the coach here ... resting the Origin players for the minor games and asking them to back-up for the battle against the Saints ... shows great planning and a bit of forethought.

Hopefully Copely will be dropped for Reed and we go into the with three forwards and either Baptiste or Norman.

Considering the game is two days after Origin (the worst time to back-up) it's highly likely that one of the SOO players won't make it.

user_nat

Coach
Great work by the coach here ... resting the Origin players for the minor games and asking them to back-up for the battle against the Saints ... shows great planning and a bit of forethought.

Hopefully Copely will be dropped for Reed and we go into the with three forwards and either Baptiste or Norman.

Considering the game is two days after Origin (the worst time to back-up) it's highly likely that one of the SOO players won't make it.

Manly and Melbourne were minor games?

Dazzat

First Grade
Manly and Melbourne were minor games?

Sure ... but you get my gist. Also ... wishing Hodges all the best for his comeback. Hoping and praying he gets through the entire game without hassle. It does seem a short time to comeback from a hamstring tear.

Latest posts