What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 15 vs Raiders

Gippsy

Bench
If a Dragon player had done what Rapana did to Hunt while already tackled on the ground, I'm sure it would have been at least a penalty.

If that was a Storm player on the ground the other Storm players would have reacted and started a melee which would have forced a decision, at least a penalty, maybe a sin bin, maybe a send off.

I was amazed this was let go by the officials, not commented on by the commentators and doubly amazed our players did not react. We need to get more ruthless with things like this.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Surely Hunt gets another maroon jersey after that
Would you have given him the maroon jersey after the game against the dogs? I think he is a great player, but it appears to me that he is either very good or very bad. I wish he could play like he did last night all the time.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Good win. Especially because I tipped them in my tipping comp when no one else did. We are still a really dumb team though. 2 minutes left, we have them pinned in their own 10. First tackle is a head high and we give away a penalty. And that last play where we put them into touch should’ve been a penalty for Canberra. We finally got the rub of the green. But f**k me we are a long way away from being a good consistent team.

Last edited:

Dragon David

First Grade
Good win. Especially because I tipped them in my tipping comp when no one else did. We are still a really dumb team though. 2 minutes left, we have them pinned in their own 10. First tackle is a head high and we give away a penalty. And that last play where we put them into touch should’ve been a penalty for Canberra. We finally got the run of the green. But f**k me we are a long way away from being a good consistent team.
Agreed R&W. We need to be much more consistent but consistently good and not doing stupid things especially when the game is so close and after the effort they put in to hit the lead.

BLM01

First Grade
Good win. Especially because I tipped them in my tipping comp when no one else did. We are still a really dumb team though. 2 minutes left, we have them pinned in their own 10. First tackle is a head high and we give away a penalty. And that last play where we put them into touch should’ve been a penalty for Canberra. We finally got the run of the green. But f**k me we are a long way away from being a good consistent team.
Yeh all that is fine and in part warranted but still not getting carried away with a win.
We have won only 3 out of the last 10 with yo-yo performances and not quite lady luck on our side.

However I will say this for those that think we are no better than we were under Mc85.
When can you remember under McFootprint where our confidence is down based on form (see above) around mid-season have we come back against a reasonably good opposition who were supposedly getting on a roll (12 points down) twice in match blowing them away in the 2nd half and held on to win especially after squandering 3 certain tries in the match.
How Hunt did not score I dont know.
We have a fair way to go but last night showed, that there is a difference and we are on the improve with our clulture

NB. LOL. Sticky thought the bounce of the ball did not happen for them, I saw many a bounce of the ball go their way too. :rolleyes:

Inisai Toga

Juniors
I'll never forget Billy's Ball. What a great try.
Actually the first time they used Billy’s Ball under Bath was in the Major semi against Parra three weeks before. Not enough angle running into day’s footy close to the line. Usually side to side stuff. The try we scored against Dogs (when we won) and that one last night was really well constructed football and a good sign for us. Keeps the opposition guessing; do they watch Burns, Simms or Bird edge running or De Belin or Vaughan‘s offloads..? More please…alot more…!

hewi

Bench
Love Rava but gee we can’t have to much more of this or he’s just to bigger liability.

Ghostrider22

Juniors
How much better does Kerr look at prop.
Billy Burns looks a reasonable 2nd rower.
I still prefer Bird to be at centre, especially once Fui is back. He can play in the backrow if we secure a better centre. Williame is OK as backup or on the bench, Beale can backup Williame.
Impressed with Sloan, good involvement always looking to backup and moves well.
Can't believe Simonson didn't get sin binned, same for Tapine with that shoulder to Burns' face.
If a Dragon player had done what Rapana did to Hunt while already tackled on the ground, I'm sure it would have been at least a penalty.
Couple of shit calls favoured the raiders with the lost ball before their try, another blatant forward pass from dummy half, and a few more.
We needed to use about 3 Captain's challenges for decisions that the ref favoured the raiders. How telling is that?
We need a top line prop.....if JDB moves to prop, we should go for Brandon Smith as a lock (with cover for dummy half) and Tevita Pangai Junior at 2nd row & can also play prop if needed.
Stop going after mediocre/average forwards hoping they will come good.
Rapana is a grub, that was a dog act last night. Your right if that was us we would have been sent from the field. The so-called judiciary will do f**k all, but to us I wonder. 👍

Latest posts