What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 15 vs Raiders

redv13

Bench
5 day turnaround would usually mean a loss. Dufty might come out firing to impress his potential new club. Don't expect much from anyone else though.
Dufty was a joke last week. Most other clubs would have sent him to reggies this week. Don’t hold your breath, his attitude last week was beyond appalling

Hook, from what it seems, is going to be relying on those players mention + Sloan to build a new team around over the next 2 years. Comparing them to Gaz and Coops is tough as those are giants though point taken. I agree though, and compared to Suali, Walker, Walsh types our juniors look more average. For instance, I'm not particularly excited with Lomax's inclusion this week as if he does play he will probably have a solid game and kick some good goals if we can jag some tries, not much more, not a match winner, not an x-factor. Yet he is the best junior we have produced and held onto in a while. We used to be so good at developing...

For me these 2 years ahead look at best a chance to start a fresh (this club needs that) and give us a foundation to build on and become competitive again but without some great purchases with the mcinness, frizzell etc money the journey out of mediocrity looks long and arduous. I don't know if I will survive it.
I think Lomax is more than that..

thebigredv

First Grade
I think Lomax is more than that..

Keen to hear what you think then.

To me, Zac is solid defensively (hence Fittler's attraction), strong body and has connected well with Rava to create a relatively potent attacking right side. He has some quiet performances, too many, though he'd still be one of the first selected each week as he is a competitor who will contest a high ball or chase a kick like a man possessed. His goal kicking is up there with Widdop, maybe better, haven't seen the stats. Big tick there.

Pretty good player with the right attitude (I suggested him for captain) but I don't necessarily think he will crack a game wide open a la someone like J Manu right now.

Perhaps the issue is we have too many weak players it clouds our perception of the 'cream of our team'. E.g. I can't go along with the bagging of Hunt, as I still think his class/competitiveness shines through even when forwards are plodding. Maybe Lomax will break out when we have a majority of proper NRL players alongside him, or maybe just in Origin like Tariq.

My original statement is that I don't think his inclusion will turn our fortunes around like a real influential player like Ponga returning this week. He will improve us though, if he and his friends come to play at Wollongong.

I’m not totally sold on the Feagai boys. They look to be rock solid but neither look overly big or express pace from what I’ve seen. I hope I’m wrong and admittedly they haven’t had a lot of game time but from what I’ve seen they look more Tim Lafai than Greg Inglis.
I have my doubts about the feagai boys, they certainly are not express pace and a bit on the small side. Time will tell.

Draginzaaar

Bench
I’m not totally sold on the Feagai boys. They look to be rock solid but neither look overly big or express pace from what I’ve seen. I hope I’m wrong and admittedly they haven’t had a lot of game time but from what I’ve seen they look more Tim Lafai than Greg Inglis.
I thought Matt was good on debut. Max? I'm not so sure from what I've seen.

Unsainty79

Juniors
Amone is only 18 and didn't get much time against the Dogs even when we were down by a few. I don't think he will get a late start against the Raiders.

I don't totally disagree with Hook not playing our youngsters, given that Sloan and Amone are only 18 and built pretty slight (at the moment), I don't see what good it does for their development to be in a team that's going to get spanked by 20 +. In saying that, though, when is a good time to start a youngster in a club with a pretty average squad?

Everyone begged for Ramsey to get a start after his 9's performance, and after a slow start, again, in an average team people are calling for his head. Lomax had a great start, then had a few slow months and now look - after some investment & backing, he was close to State of Origin.

It's a real shame about Sullivan's injuries, because he has some serious talent & would've got a run this year.