What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 16 - Eels vs Rabbitohs: Thursday 27th August 7:50pm @Bankwest Stadium

Rabbits20

Immortal
When speaking of the champions, one stands above the rest
Of glories old and records proud, when often put to test
Of fine traditions, history, that others cannot best
They wear the Red and Green

Glory, Glory to South Sydney
South Sydney marches on

They mauled the Balmain Tigers
Slew the Dragons from St. George
The Seagulls and the Mounties next
Were crushed by mighty force
They humbled Parramatta
And the Berries in due course

South Sydney marches on

They plucked the Western Magpies
Slashed the Newtown bag of blue
The Eastern Suburbs Rooster crowed
And then was conquered too
The greatest name in any game
Within South Sydney grew

South Sydney marches on

Attachments

• upload_2020-8-28_1-20-14.gif
    upload_2020-8-28_1-20-14.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 2

Rabbits20

Immortal
I feel like I have died and gone to heaven, I’m hoping it’s not all a dream.

I feel gutted re Latrell. Hopefully it’s not as bad as it looked.

All the boys really stepped up it was foot on the accelerator full throttle is what it was.

My man Reyno gets my MOM for the 4th week in a row what a performance.

I was most pleased we kept Parra to nil.

I think Callmack’s summary really nails it.

I would like Allan to stay at fullback and AJ to come back on the wing with his pace he’s lethal there. I criticised Allan before tonight’s game so I owe him an apology, boy was he sensational tonight.

Marsters and Paulo were magnificent on Sivo as well.

I really hope we can keep this form up and get up to 5th or 6th so we get a home elimination final in 5 weeks time.

callmack1

Staff member

truthslayer

Juniors
Great win by the team! Special mention to young Jaxson Paulo, he is proving he is first-grade material, yes he will make mistakes as you can't beat experience, great talent. What a thrill it was to watch every souths player do their job. Cory Allan had a great game also, Latrell is getting better each game, shame with this setback. The forwards are a great unit, the bench outstanding. Mago added when he came on very hard to put down. How great were our halves! They were busy and that's the way we have to play. Baley Sironen is proving his worth, great runs and solid in defence. Koala again made big metres and what a player we have here. Murray was outstanding, maybe the best tackling technique in the Comp.
Liam Knight had a great game also but hard to single out a fwd pack led by Tom Burgess.Great work coach and team!

Rabbit57

Juniors
Wow, wow, wow. Whatta night!!! We went into that going up against a top four team who has quality all over the park, we had a weakened side and were massive underdogs, and yet we completely outclassed them! What a performance from the lads to show our Premiership credentials and really put the competition on notice. I know the Eels haven't been awesome lately but this is still a huge win for us.

You don't need me to tell you that once again the attack was on fire! And once again, it all started with our ball control. I think we completed at around 90% again (I'll have to check) and this was the catalyst for the big win, everything just flowed off the back of that. The forwards dominated and some of the plays we put on were just sublime. Great Footy to watch. Putting 38 on the best defensive team in the comp is a remarkable effort which just goes to show how good we were.

Don't have to say to much about our defence because that was class as well. As I said earlier, I know Parra's attack hasn't been fully clicking but we did such a great job to frustrate them into playing that way in a mega defensive performance. We barely looked shakey, managed to turn them away a lot and our defensive dicipline was good as well which is pleasing.

Mitchell: All class once again. Some great touches there with the quick hands for the opening try and then that incredible run out of the in-goal, that was amazing. Was great to see him pushing up around the ruck more too. The night ended sour though with his injury which I admit, does look pretty serious. Not going to let it spoil this win though, I'll worry about Latrell later.

Allan: Was really good! Got plenty of opportunities out there and while he couldn't ice a lot of them, he didn't do a bad job. His defence was great, defused a few high kicks with great takes and crossed for a try. I thought he was pretty solid when he had to move to fullback too, the try assist was awesome.

Graham: Speaking of awesome, Campbell was once again great tonight. A couple of tries and he just terrorised that right edge of Parra with a fantastic running game, defence on song too and I can't fault his performance.

Marsters: Backed up a solid debut with an even better second game! No defensive issues at all. He did a great job on his opposites and I honestly can't remember him missing a tackle which was so good to see. Had a damaging running game all night and the pass to set up Paulo for his try was incredible.

Paulo: Certainly the best game of his career so far. Was pretty busy in terms of hit ups and that took a lot of pressure off the rest of the side. Great defence, particularly early with that incredible try saver on Sivo. Was awesome to see him bag his first ever try with a great finish and then that pass to put Reyno over was just sublime.

Walker: Sublime is exactly how I'm going to describe Cody's performance. He was faultless really. Was certainly the focal point of our attack tonight and it was him who was putting on the plays and creating chances. Had some beautiful touches and some beautiful passes down that left edge, showed great vision. His running game was there too, most noteably on his try where he just burst throught that hole brilliantly and then burned his was through. What a try! I enjoyed Cody's defence too.

Reynolds: Another fantastic captains knock. Probably our best tonight. He just managed that game so well with a brilliant short and long kicking game and helped to back that up in defence. Then, in attack it was a masterclass. I really enjoyed the way he dug into the line which engaged a lof of defenders and created space. I could watch his play for Cody's try all day. Fantastic game from him.

Tatola: Once again, just a good, solid performance form Junior. He didn't do anything special like a lot of our forwards but he just did his job and was a big reason while we kept rolling forward.

Cook: Didn't have a huge impact tonight but he didn't have to. Everyone else around him was playing so well and his opportunites were limited so he just gave great surface all night and was busy in defence. That's all we need from Cookie on nights like that so he had a great game.

Burgess: See my comments about Tatola as I'ts pretty much say the same for Tommy.

Su'A: Parra found it really hard to contain him tonight that's for sure. He looked barnstorming tongiht in all his hit ups as he just charged through the line. I also thought his attack close to the line was very dangerous, scoring a try himslf and almost setting up another few.

Sironen: Great game there on the edge. I noticed he had increased minutes and was pretty busy in defence but he still managed to be so effective on attack with his running game.

Murray: Another good, trypical game from Cam. Enough said, all class despite another move to the centres. Really enjoyed his play for one of Grahams's tries.

Nicholls: A good solid game where he just charged off the bench and did his job.

Knight: A fantastic return game! He had great impact from the bench as he just went hard from the get go. Knighty's running game was full of aggression and it was great to watch him slip a few of those offloads again too.

Mago: Didn't play many minutes but still made his presence felt.

Koloamatangi: Continues to impress. Honestly I am blown away by him. That continued tonight as he just got stuck into his work and I can't believe the strength of him. He was once again carrying defenders with him!!

So yea, that is a huge win, seriously massive. As I said, we've just made a serious statement!! A seriously incredible performance.
Great summary. Latrell beating Sivo on the outside untouched while coming back from the in goal was the absolute highlight for me. The other real plus was the coordination of defence always set Up in numbers to stop what Parramatta through at them.

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Its like the morning after, with a big hangover. We ABSOLUTELY SMASHED them. But the hangovet sets in, shattered about Latrell we absolutely need him to have a serious shot. Saying major prayers he can play in rnd 1 of the SF

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Wow, wow, wow. Whatta night!!! We went into that going up against a top four team who has quality all over the park, we had a weakened side and were massive underdogs, and yet we completely outclassed them! What a performance from the lads to show our Premiership credentials and really put the competition on notice. I know the Eels haven't been awesome lately but this is still a huge win for us.

You don't need me to tell you that once again the attack was on fire! And once again, it all started with our ball control. I think we completed at around 90% again (I'll have to check) and this was the catalyst for the big win, everything just flowed off the back of that. The forwards dominated and some of the plays we put on were just sublime. Great Footy to watch. Putting 38 on the best defensive team in the comp is a remarkable effort which just goes to show how good we were.

Don't have to say to much about our defence because that was class as well. As I said earlier, I know Parra's attack hasn't been fully clicking but we did such a great job to frustrate them into playing that way in a mega defensive performance. We barely looked shakey, managed to turn them away a lot and our defensive dicipline was good as well which is pleasing.

Mitchell: All class once again. Some great touches there with the quick hands for the opening try and then that incredible run out of the in-goal, that was amazing. Was great to see him pushing up around the ruck more too. The night ended sour though with his injury which I admit, does look pretty serious. Not going to let it spoil this win though, I'll worry about Latrell later.

Allan: Was really good! Got plenty of opportunities out there and while he couldn't ice a lot of them, he didn't do a bad job. His defence was great, defused a few high kicks with great takes and crossed for a try. I thought he was pretty solid when he had to move to fullback too, the try assist was awesome.

Graham: Speaking of awesome, Campbell was once again great tonight. A couple of tries and he just terrorised that right edge of Parra with a fantastic running game, defence on song too and I can't fault his performance.

Marsters: Backed up a solid debut with an even better second game! No defensive issues at all. He did a great job on his opposites and I honestly can't remember him missing a tackle which was so good to see. Had a damaging running game all night and the pass to set up Paulo for his try was incredible.

Paulo: Certainly the best game of his career so far. Was pretty busy in terms of hit ups and that took a lot of pressure off the rest of the side. Great defence, particularly early with that incredible try saver on Sivo. Was awesome to see him bag his first ever try with a great finish and then that pass to put Reyno over was just sublime.

Walker: Sublime is exactly how I'm going to describe Cody's performance. He was faultless really. Was certainly the focal point of our attack tonight and it was him who was putting on the plays and creating chances. Had some beautiful touches and some beautiful passes down that left edge, showed great vision. His running game was there too, most noteably on his try where he just burst throught that hole brilliantly and then burned his was through. What a try! I enjoyed Cody's defence too.

Reynolds: Another fantastic captains knock. Probably our best tonight. He just managed that game so well with a brilliant short and long kicking game and helped to back that up in defence. Then, in attack it was a masterclass. I really enjoyed the way he dug into the line which engaged a lof of defenders and created space. I could watch his play for Cody's try all day. Fantastic game from him.

Tatola: Once again, just a good, solid performance form Junior. He didn't do anything special like a lot of our forwards but he just did his job and was a big reason while we kept rolling forward.

Cook: Didn't have a huge impact tonight but he didn't have to. Everyone else around him was playing so well and his opportunites were limited so he just gave great surface all night and was busy in defence. That's all we need from Cookie on nights like that so he had a great game.

Burgess: See my comments about Tatola as I'ts pretty much say the same for Tommy.

Su'A: Parra found it really hard to contain him tonight that's for sure. He looked barnstorming tongiht in all his hit ups as he just charged through the line. I also thought his attack close to the line was very dangerous, scoring a try himslf and almost setting up another few.

Sironen: Great game there on the edge. I noticed he had increased minutes and was pretty busy in defence but he still managed to be so effective on attack with his running game.

Murray: Another good, trypical game from Cam. Enough said, all class despite another move to the centres. Really enjoyed his play for one of Grahams's tries.

Nicholls: A good solid game where he just charged off the bench and did his job.

Knight: A fantastic return game! He had great impact from the bench as he just went hard from the get go. Knighty's running game was full of aggression and it was great to watch him slip a few of those offloads again too.

Mago: Didn't play many minutes but still made his presence felt.

Koloamatangi: Continues to impress. Honestly I am blown away by him. That continued tonight as he just got stuck into his work and I can't believe the strength of him. He was once again carrying defenders with him!!

So yea, that is a huge win, seriously massive. As I said, we've just made a serious statement!! A seriously incredible performance.
Good summary.
Just my 2 cents worth:
Marsters did a major job on Milka Divo, blocked him out of the game on D, had him scampering with fear on attack. He was helped by Su'A who must be closed to SOO selection with his impact.

Adam is really seeing the game well at the moment, especially his willingness to go at the line, and to see the opportunities shifting the ball left side and working in tandem with Cody.

Siro is proving very valuable, highly underated but had a huge game in both D and attack.

Special shoutout to the BraveHeart Campbell Graham. This guy is great, he has really found his spot which is starting centre. Amazing how left side or right side, it doesn't faze him.

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
I feel like I have died and gone to heaven, I’m hoping it’s not all a dream.

I feel gutted re Latrell. Hopefully it’s not as bad as it looked.

All the boys really stepped up it was foot on the accelerator full throttle is what it was.

My man Reyno gets my MOM for the 4th week in a row what a performance.

I was most pleased we kept Parra to nil.

I think Callmack’s summary really nails it.

I would like Allan to stay at fullback and AJ to come back on the wing with his pace he’s lethal there. I criticised Allan before tonight’s game so I owe him an apology, boy was he sensational tonight.

Marsters and Paulo were magnificent on Sivo as well.

I really hope we can keep this form up and get up to 5th or 6th so we get a home elimination final in 5 weeks time.
Actually that's a good call re: Allen. He doesn't have the speed out wide to be a major threat, we could have scored at least another 2 tries in the first half if we had Johnston or Jimmy Jet out there. But Allen has good hands under the high ball. I too would be thinking about leaving him at the back, we need blinding speed out on each edge with the style of footy we are playing

I said it at the beginning of the week that $2.75 was good value. Just had a gut feeling they were gonna win this one.

Im one of ‘those’ guys who even at 38-0 can’t relax until final siren.

Have avoided game day threads for a month as we’ve built wins so I’m Not a jinx. Im a bad superstition guy.

but yeah...two weeks of great footy. Hopefully building towards something special. Four more games...hopefully we play well for them all.

glory glory

as always @callmack1 great job

NovoBunny94

Juniors
Im one of ‘those’ guys who even at 38-0 can’t relax until final siren.

Have avoided game day threads for a month as we’ve built wins so I’m Not a jinx. Im a bad superstition guy.

but yeah...two weeks of great footy. Hopefully building towards something special. Four more games...hopefully we play well for them all.

glory glory

as always @callmack1 great job
Haha im the same.. i never felt relaxed until it was around the 73rd minute :joy:

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Great summary. Latrell beating Sivo on the outside untouched while coming back from the in goal was the absolute highlight for me. The other real plus was the coordination of defence always set Up in numbers to stop what Parramatta through at them.
Actually thats a really good observation you make about the coordination of the Souths D. Even when Parra had them stretched a couple times, Souths had them covered and boxed them into corners

callmack1

Staff member
Rehab Report - Round 16: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2020/08/28/rehab-report-round-16/

"We're building really nicely." - Murray: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2020/08/28/cameron-murray-round-17-media/

"We're not in a position to take the foot off the gas." - Graham: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2020/08/28/campbell-graham-round-17-media2/

"We wanted to start strong and we did." - Su'A: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2020/08/28/jaydn-sua-round-17-media2/

Terrible news about Latrell.

Travitoh

First Grade
Not the scoreline that i expected to wake up to but pretty happy to see it.

Koala again with the most metres off the bench. Stud.

Shame about Latrell. I've been a knocker of his but he definitely brings a dangerous element to the Souths attack. That will be missed.

Still haven't beaten a good team yet :wink: but that should be finals in the bag

Latest posts