What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 16 - Eels vs Rabbitohs: Thursday 27th August 7:50pm @Bankwest Stadium

callmack1

Staff member
Campbell Graham for mine and I'd slot him into full back for the remainder of the season with Johnston on the wing and Gagai centre if he's fit, otherwise the new guy, Marstens (?) stays.

How do you like that.
I think Allan to fullback, AJ remains on the wing.

callmack1

Staff member
Watched the replay on Friday night to help make myself feel better about Latrell's injury and it certainly did that. man, watching it back I was just in awe of the performance, I really was. Incredible stuff really and I really hope we can keep it up.

Gotta admit, I didn't give the right side enough credit for their defence. It was perfect really. Su'A, Marsters and Paulo all did a fantastic job when we all thought we'd be a bit shakey there leading up to the game.

callmack1

Staff member
From Sporting News,

South Sydney Rabbitohs captain Adam Reynolds responds to recent criticism

South Sydney Rabbitohs captain Adam Reynolds will reach a milestone 200th NRL game next weekend - but even he isn't immune to criticism.

The 30-year old has done it all, winning a premiership in 2014 and also representing NSW at State of Origin level in 2016.

But Reynolds was recently slammed by English great Gary Schofield, who took aim at the champion halfback.

“I chuckle to myself when I watch Souths captain Adam Reynolds, who has played Origin for New South Wales,” he said in a column.

“I think of him as Burt Reynolds, because for much of the time, he looks like he’s on a film set, standing around, waiting to get the director’s call to do something.”

For someone who has scored over 1500 career points and is closing in on the all-time record for the Rabbitohs, it shouldn't matter too much what others think

And that's exactly the attitude that Reynolds has as he continues to lead the Rabbitohs towards the finals.

“None of that bothered me," he said on the Sunday Footy Show.

"I listen to my coaches – Wayne is very vocal with me. He was very happy with my performances.

"For me, it’s the value that I bring to the team. I might not be the flashiest player, but I know what I bring to the team."

Reynolds has been a focal point of the Rabbitohs attack this year after the loss of John Sutton and Greg Inglis, with his short kicking game remaining the best in the NRL.

After a comprehensive 38-0 win over the Eels on Thursday night, Reynolds reflected on the coaching staff at the club who have been helping him and the rest of the side improve.

“It was a pleasing performance overall. The week before we found our blueprint. All the talk was we couldn’t beat a top four side, so we shut up the critics," he said.

“We saw a couple of things at the start of the week. Benny Hornby is working very good with us there. We thought we could get them on the edges…Melbourne missed a few chances there.

“It’s sort of hard to describe Wayne (Bennett). He is just so passionate. He lives by his actions. He has been at the top of the game for ages – everyone respects him. He has a special bond with his players."

South Sydney will take on Melbourne next weekend.

Rabbits20

Immortal
When speaking of the champions, one stands above the rest
Of glories old and records proud, when often put to test
Of fine traditions, history, that others cannot best
They wear the Red and Green

Glory, Glory to South Sydney
South Sydney marches on

They mauled the Balmain Tigers
Slew the Dragons from St. George
The Seagulls and the Mounties next
Were crushed by mighty force
They humbled Parramatta
And the Berries in due course

South Sydney marches on

They plucked the Western Magpies
Slashed the Newtown bag of blue
The Eastern Suburbs Rooster crowed
And then was conquered too
The greatest name in any game
Within South Sydney grew

South Sydney marches on

OOOOHHHHH YEAH BOY DID WE HUMBLE PARRAMATTA

No need for words, stand and applaud my dear friends, stand and applaud!

Oh and South Sydney is wonderful IS wonderful!

South Sydney clap clap clap

South Sydney clap clap clap clap!

Geez the neighbours must think I belong in the lunatics asylum, but guess what I DONT CARE

That’s what I sent to a couple of mates of mine just after the game geez I was so pumped.

My poor cat when Cody went through of that Reyno pass I went crazy and forgot the car was next to me and boy did she jump. I made it up to her though afterwards.

I have watched the replay twice and extended highlights 3 times so far.

Rabbits20

Immortal

I could just sit and watch when Reyno puts Cody through that hood and then Cody finishing it off, I could keep watching it on repeat and then react again, same as that Latrell run out of the in goal and young Jaxson stopping Sivo boy didn’t that silence those Parra faithful.

One thing I noticed watching it back is how it was a good controlled performance from Cook and he did what he had to, didn’t overplay his hand and gave good fast crisp service to our halves.

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
When speaking of the champions, one stands above the rest
Of glories old and records proud, when often put to test
Of fine traditions, history, that others cannot best

South Sydney marches on

They mauled the Balmain Tigers
Slew the Dragons from St. George
The Seagulls and the Mounties next
Were crushed by mighty force
They humbled Parramatta
And the Berries in due course

South Sydney marches on

They plucked the Western Magpies
Slashed the Newtown bag of blue
The Eastern Suburbs Rooster crowed
And then was conquered too
The greatest name in any game
Within South Sydney grew

South Sydney marches on

OOOOHHHHH YEAH BOY DID WE HUMBLE PARRAMATTA

No need for words, stand and applaud my dear friends, stand and applaud!

Oh and South Sydney is wonderful IS wonderful!

South Sydney clap clap clap clap!

Geez the neighbours must think I belong in the lunatics asylum, but guess what I DONT CARE

That’s what I sent to a couple of mates of mine just after the game geez I was so pumped.

My poor cat when Cody went through of that Reyno pass I went crazy and forgot the car was next to me and boy did she jump. I made it up to her though afterwards.

I have watched the replay twice and extended highlights 3 times so far.
Man, I still get goosebumbs after all these years when I hear the song and the chant.
Keep it up brother!

Latest posts