What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 16 vs. Rabbitohs Discussion + Voting

Big Pete

Referee
Funny thing is that I would've agreed with you last night after the game, but after watching the replay today, I must say that Wallace was actually very very good in the way he directed the play, kicked, supported his runners and was always on the right spot to clean up in defense.
I should've waited until watching the replay to give my votes as McGuire probably also deserved a vote, but what's done is done...

Never too late to change your vote on here. GTB & I will turn a blind eye. ;-)

I actually had the opposite reaction to the replay. If anything it reminded me of a few dumb plays Wallace came up with, his poor passing game and his terrible positioning of players. So sick of watching him stand right next his support and meekly accept the tackle, resulting in a painfully slow play-the-ball which kills our momentum when we're deep in attack.

It wasn't an awful performance by any means. I agree his support play, defence & kicking game was reasonably good but the other departments compromise his overall performance for mine.

The only spine player who performed to their ability was Hoffman for mine.

Big Pete

Referee
How could I forget to mention Bulla's 300th? One of the best props of all time, celebrating his 300th game at home.

Loved the reaction the Suncorp crowd gave him as he kicked for goal & his post-match interview was fantastic. Brilliant player and its an honour to have him at the Broncos.

Another player we were honoured to have is Parker. 59 tackles, 17 hit ups when he wasn't supposed to play. Inspirational.

Mr Fourex

Bench
Yup, fair enough.
I stopped reading after your first 2 lines on that post... :crazy:

I knew the little dig I had at Wallace would have sent you arms flailing face down onto your mattress......:lol:

I don't have to watch the game again.

I know what I saw.

(don't know how you didn't see McGuire's performance the first time round......:crazy:. He was outstanding.)

Anyway.......I hope we farkin smash the Sharks this week. They're getting a little bit too big for their boots I reckon.

AuDragon

Juniors
I knew the little dig I had at Wallace would have sent you arms flailing face down onto your mattress......:lol:

I don't have to watch the game again.

I know what I saw.

(don't know how you didn't see McGuire's performance the first time round......:crazy:. He was outstanding.)

Anyway.......I hope we farkin smash the Sharks this week. They're getting a little bit too big for their boots I reckon.
It wasn't the dig at Wallace, because at the time I didn't think he had been that flash either. It was the "Norman was the better playmaker" that made me facepalm myself almost unconscious. (lucky I did have a bed nearby to fall on ;-))

McGuire would've been in my top 3 if it wasn't Petero's 300th, as well as the fact that he played his best game of the season, giving me extra confidence in what will be his last Origin appearance.

As for the Sharks, agreed.

BP, I'll leave the votes as they are. Civo, Hodgo and Parker certainly deserved them. McGuire and Wallace wouldn't have looked out of place either imo.

Hoffman was certainly better than his previous games (as far as the attack goes, but he still has to learn to give himself space and pass the ball).

The biggest problem with our playmakers is how flat we are in attack most of the times though. We are just not giving ourselves enough space and time to attack the line with more structure and intention.

Kiwi

First Grade
Ok people have to remember a couple of things, Lockyer is gone and we have such a young side. We had one game where Wallace was the oldest player on the field. Even when we have the likes of Hodges, Thaiday, petero, and Parker in the side, it is still extrememly young. There will be ups and downs, there will be games when we look like world beaters with amazing attack and awesome defence, and there will be games when we look ordinary. As the team gets more experience ect, the downs will become less, and the ups more consistant, give it time, and be greatful that our rebuilding still sees us sitting third on the ladder and not down with other clubs in the same boat rebuilding wise like the Eels and Knights.

AceAv

Juniors
Well,

I've definitely come late to the party & everything has been said that needs to. This is one of those games that when the Bronx look back their not going to care how they got the 2 points just that they got them!

After seeing Manly & the Dogs play this weekend; I really do worry if we can match them for that level. A part of me thinks we can, but we just need to go out and smash the f**k out of the opposition and also sprint into their line for 80 minutes. Easier said than done and Friday night will be the first test for this. Not going to be a full squad unfortunately, but with Carney and Gallo also missing we should come out on top.

3. McGuire
2. Hodges
1. Hoffman

paxtonpale

Juniors
Broncs piled the pressure on for the start of the whistle. They kept Greg Inglis quiet for periods of the game. Corey Norman may not be as good as Darren Lockyer but boy, is he having a good season so far. McCoullagh was sensational this game and his chip was kick was brilliant to set up Norman for the second last try.

Vol-Crane-O

Juniors
The main thing I took away from the game is that Reed and Gillett need to find a spark, and quickly.

Speaking of Reed, in a way I believe Norman's intercept pass was Reed's fault. He rushed up too quickly, forcing Norman to throw a flatter ball. Sure, Norman should have seen Merritt there, but if Reed hadn't rushed up so quickly, he could have fired it out a little deeper. I think this also has to do with how slow Reed is - he can't keep up with our backline, so has to go a little early, or stand a little flatter. I'd like to see Reed stand inside Glenn when doing that backline sweep that we love so much.

2 - Parker
1 - Petero