What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 16 vs. Sydney Roosters

Big Pete

Referee
Sydney Roosters vs. Brisbane Broncos
SCG, Friday 28 August 2020
Kick Off 7:55pm

TL-SYD20a.png

1. James Tedesco 2. Daniel Tupou 3. Josh Morris 4. Joseph Manu 5. Brett Morris 6. Drew Hutchison 7. Kyle Flanagan 8. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves 9. Jake Friend 10. Siosiua Taukeiaho 11. Boyd Cordner 12. Sitili Tupouniua 13. Isaac Liu

Interchange: 14. Freddy Lussick 15. Poasa Faamausili 16. Nat Butcher 17. Lindsay Collins

Reserves:
18. Daniel Fifita 19. Ryan Hall 20. Max Bailey 21. Egan Butcher

TL-BRI20a.png

1. Darius Boyd 2. Richard Kennar 3. Kotoni Staggs 4. Jordan Kahu 5. Herbie Farnworth 6. Sean O'Sullivan 7. Tom Dearden 8. Joe Ofahengaue 9. Cory Paix 10. Rhys Kennedy 11. David Fifita 12. Ben Te'o 13. Patrick Carrigan

Interchange: 14. Brodie Croft 15. Jordan Riki 16. Ethan Bullemor 17. Jamil Hopoate

Reserves:
18. Jesse Arthars 19. Pride Petterson-Robati 20. Tyson Gamble 21. Corey Oates

Big Pete

Referee
Sorry for the delay, it's been a busy week and there's been a ton to catch up on at Red Hill. It's easy to forget we still have a game this weekend against the defending premiers. Of course the last time these two teams met, the Roosters enjoyed a record win against the Broncos and the previous clash at the SCG was the first sign of real trouble at Red Hill.

I can't see too much changing for the Broncos. Injuries have struck again, Anthony Milford has gone down which sees Sean O'Sullivan come into the #6. He will be the 32nd player the Broncos have used this season and it's a clear show of no faith in Brodie Croft who finds himself on the bench. Issac Luke was suspended, so the Broncos have opted to bring in a half as a relief hooker.

Personally I would have liked to have seen Kobe Hetherington come off the bench. I understand that the Broncos would have been reluctant to have brought in another rookie to fill that bench and were probably looking for whatever experience they could get, but he was the Queensland Under 20s hooker, he's been in the system for years now and with two hookers gone in a game with no expectations, I think it would have been worth the risk. He's a rangy player so he could play #13 as well.

It's nice to see O'Sullivan back in the mix after he injured his knee in QCup. He's a very similar player to Brodie Croft in that he's at his best when he takes the line on. He didn't blow me away last year, but he did show something against the Sharks and I'm sure he'll be eager to make up for lost time.

It's a strange position to be in as a Broncos fan. It's similar to the Storm game where I'm expecting the Broncos to lose by 50+ so if they can deliver any positives it'll be a welcome surprise. It's one of those deals where I feel like hitting fast forward to the Gold Coast Titans game in two weeks since they should be a chance against them.

DeeJ

Bench
That is a very light bench. I think we are going to have some issues in the middle after the first 20 minutes.

Nerd

Bench
Another belting... We still look like a rabble who met yesterday for the first time with no real pattern of play except one out runs up the middle. Who ever the new coach is next year is going to have to go back to the very basics. Nearly every player tackles high letting the ball runner carry them an extra 3-5 metres then quite often either still gets the ball away or a quick play the ball.

I liked how Dearden was varying his kicking game and hope he can stay uninjured for the next few years as he looks our best long term option at 7. On the other hand what is going on with Ofahengaue? Rookie errors in giving away penalties and 6 agains and then missing one on one tackles on the line.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Didn't bother watching this game, but there goes the theory that the players were trying to get Seibold to quit. Anthony probably quite enjoyed the game.

DeeJ

Bench
Didn't bother watching this game, but there goes the theory that the players were trying to get Seibold to quit. Anthony probably quite enjoyed the game.

I never bought into that theory but it was nice to see at least an attempt to change things up and have a plan in attack and defense.

Latest posts