What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 16 vs. Warriors Discussion + Voting

Big Pete

Referee
Can the Broncos exact revenge after being dealt their worst home loss in their history?

On the road and with their stars backing up from Origin, the task is going to be a difficult one but imagine if they were to win and the flow on effect it could create for the rest of the year?

Positive vibes folks.

Line up I expect to see...
1. Corey Norman
2. Lachlan Maranta
3. Jack Reed
4. Josh Hoffman
5. Denan Kemp
6. Scott Prince
7. Peter Wallace
8. Ben Hannant
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Sam Thaiday (c)
11. Alex Glenn
12. Matt Gillett
13. Corey Parker

14. Ben Hunt
15. Josh McGuire
16. David Hala
17. Mitchell Dodds

Kemp
I suspect Kahu won't recover in time for this game, in which case I believe Kemp will come in for Jordan. Why Kemp? Given Whitchurch started from the bench for the Dolphins and had the worst game of any winger we've had all season last time I believe he'll be given a chance. I cannot see Hodges backing up, especially with a 5 day turn around against Melbourne coming up.

Potential Bolter: Corey Oates
Peaking through the training photos and it appears Oates is being highlighted. I suspect he'll be a chance of making his debut and wouldn't be surprised to get a few games before the season draws to a close.

He's a quality backrow Oates who knows his way to the try line. Tall player too and if he can add more size and fix his handling he could be anything as a fringe runner.

Bretto

Bench
Get rid of Thaiday from the front row, put McGuire in with Hannant to start, push Gillet to the bench and put Thaiday into the second row. That would be my team.

1. Norman
2. Maranta
3. Reed
4. Hoffman
5. Kemp
6. Prince
7. Wallace
8. Hannant
9. McCullough
10. McGuire
11. Glenn
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. Hunt
15. Gillett
16. Hala
17. J. Wallace

I think Hoffman/Kemp has some merit. Both have good speed and with Hoffman's strength and ability to beat players, I hope Kemp backs him up and gets a chance to show us his speed.

Eddy

Juniors
Personally I would prefer to see:

1. Norman
2. Hoffman
3. Reed
4. Glenn
5. Maranta
6. Prince
7. Wallace
8. Hannant
9. McCullough
10. McGuire
11. Thaiday
12. Gillet
13. Parker

14. Granville / Hunt
15. Hala
16. Wallace
17. Dodds

I know Glenn isn't a first choice center but I'd rather see him there than splitting up the Reed / Hoffman combo we have going at the moment. This would allow us to keep our best players starting and give Thaiday a run in the back row.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Hodges has been confirmed to back up after Origin.

That helps our chances a fair bit, but I still doubt we'll win. Our forwards will get shown up hard.

beads6

First Grade
Hodges isn't CONFIRMED. He has been named but if he cops a knock he won't play.

AceAv

Juniors
All Hodges would need is the wind to blow on him from the wrong direction and it's rookie replacement to the rescue

Dazzat

First Grade
Kemp hasn't been named for Redcliffe. Is he the back-up for Hodges and travelling to NZ?

Dazzat

First Grade
On the team named for this week. If Glenn doesn't do something this weekend, surely he's under the pump? His form is not worthy of a first grader.

AceAv

Juniors
Thaiday front row on defense is fine. But he needs to drift into second row a bit more on attack like last game.
Earns us so much more metres when he runs diagonally towards the fringes and even makes a pass to our centres :shock:

H-Bomb

Juniors
I dont get the dislike for Glenn. He's making more runs and metres of any forward bar Parker. He isnt being used for impact in attack this year, seems every time they go to that side of the field the focus is on Reed/Hoffman. Short/quick balls off Wallace brought great results last year, but it doesnt appear they are using that at all now.
Seems he might be the latest player to cop the dissatisfaction cause he's taking the extra hit up (cause we lack go forward in our front row), blunting his effect in other ares.

AceAv

Juniors
I agree H bomb, but admittedly think Glenn is a par or 2 below his previous form. I just want to see him bust the line a bit more and try for a miracle offload when the time is right to put our reed hoff combo away.

I’m quietly confident we can get the job done down here. A win will see us get into 8th place if raiders loose to bunnies. I won’t settle for anything less than the same performance vs Tigers though…

H-Bomb

Juniors
Absolutely agree, would love to see him back into his line busting, hole running form. Think he is superbly talented and shouldnt be used as a work horse type player. Unfortunately unless a few others put their hands up for the hard stuff, he and Parker are probably going to take the hit up load themselves, hopefully doesnt lessen the rest of Parker's game like it has Glenn's.

Its a winnable game, but the Warriors are unpredictable, despite their winning form, their throw caution to the wind style could blow up in their or our faces. If the passes stick, they'll win well, if they dont we have a chance.

Tera

Juniors
So I've currently watched 6 minutes of last weeks Redcliffe vs. Pride game. Kemp has made two outstanding defensive plays already. Why is Maranta there AGAIN?

beads6

First Grade
Kemp could get a late call up if Hodges doesn't play. I know Kemp wasn't named for the Dolphins.

Tera

Juniors
I don't want him there in place of Hodgo though, I want Maranta out. I suppose it would be a good opportunity to show he belongs though.

Kemp was good all game, showed his speed with a couple of line breaks and even slotted in at fullback. Petro was also outstanding.. Get him back in!

Latest posts