What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 17 - v Dolphins

DeathBlooms

Juniors
I'm not feeling comfortable about this game at all simply because I dont know what attitude they will turn up with. If we lose this one we will be in a world of hurt, win and a bit of belief happens. Dragons by 2
Our run home is all the top side and the easier sides we play are all our bogey sides that we lose to.
Afraid season is probably over for us unless they can really find consistancy every week.

BLM01

First Grade
I have said the same thing as you basically, justa. We cannot afford to let the Dolphins do what they did to us in the first game.
I just hope the refs instead of penalising defenses with random 6 agains start policing the play the ball properly in respect to at least making an effort with touching the foot and getting up without ball on ground
2GB (zorba) brought it up this morning that in Melb / Canberra last night..hardly any player both sides did this and he was 100% correct
The perennial rule benders Melb forwards started this trend (I will add JWH on to this too) but now it is rife throught out the game
I have said it 100 times over the years we talk about why we have momentum and blowouts. Look no furthur than the mess in the ruck and of course defences randomly penalised for slowing it down.....some are

You have to do this to have a chance and Dogs are doing it well this year (lying over players and slowing down play the balls) and not penalised and given more latitude for some reason) That was obvious in our game versus them and Friday night against the Sharks.

That is what is so frustrating and inconsistent. Fix that and the game can head towards being back on track

Dragon David

First Grade
I just hope the refs instead of penalising defenses with random 6 agains start policing the play the ball properly in respect to at least making an effort with touching the foot and getting up without ball on ground
2GB (zorba) brought it up this morning that in Melb / Canberra last night..hardly any player both sides did this and he was 100% correct
The perennial rule benders Melb forwards started this trend (I will add JWH on to this too) but now it is rife throught out the game
I have said it 100 times over the years we talk about why we have momentum and blowouts. Look no furthur than the mess in the ruck and of course defences randomly penalised for slowing it down.....some are

You have to do this to have a chance and Dogs are doing it well this year (lying over players and slowing down play the balls) and not penalised and given more latitude for some reason) That was obvious in our game versus them and Friday night against the Sharks.

That is what is so frustrating and inconsistent. Fix that and the game can head towards being back on track
We want our players to play consistently well but are hampered by the inconsistencies of the officials. Once the wrong calls and decisions are made by these rule enforcers, the momentum swings to the other team and if that team gets further decisions going their way, when in cases they should not, then try, try, try time and the score blows out in 15 minutes of play and hard to peg back.

Ricky Stuart had his usual whinge during the PC after the Raiders were beaten by the Storm last night and this could mean a fine to him by the NRL but he has a case. The outcome of games can be very unfair.

Bennett will be keeping a close watch on the officials today. Will the Dolphins get more of the rub of the green decisions going their way as a result of his whinge about officials a few days ago? I bloody hope not!

Agree absolutely, this race to speed up the game is ridiculous to the point where it just becomes an uncontrolled rabble. Rolling the ball between the legs when playing the ball and walking forward off the mark before playing the ball is a joke and artificially speeding up the game. The rule book goes out the window and subjective calls by the officials and a series of "six agains" can change the whole momentum of the game, thus the score blow outs we are seeing on a weekly basis. Also, there is no consistency in these interpretations.

Lovemedragons

Juniors
We want our players to play consistently well but are hampered by the inconsistencies of the officials. Once the wrong calls and decisions are made by these rule enforcers, the momentum swings to the other team and if that team gets further decisions going their way, when in cases they should not, then try, try, try time and the score blows out in 15 minutes of play and hard to peg back.

Ricky Stuart had his usual whinge during the PC after the Raiders were beaten by the Storm last night and this could mean a fine to him by the NRL but he has a case. The outcome of games can be very unfair.

Bennett will be keeping a close watch on the officials today. Will the Dolphins get more of the rub of the green decisions going their way as a result of his whinge about officials a few days ago? I bloody hope not!
In answer to your last question….Yes

Lovemedragons

Juniors

They will fix it the minute we work it out, what’s the odds when the inevitable crackdown on rolling the ball comes it will be us or the Tigers who cop it.