What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 17 - v Dolphins

TheRev

First Grade
We lost all the 50/50s in the 1st half.. couple of square ups was appreciated.

One thing I saw today was Toby has his arms free to offload 'a lot', now opposition coaches will probably notice that too.. but we need to get into the mindset of supporting that.. was all panicked when he did it today.. throw in Ryan Couchman who will do the same thing given the opportunity.

I do wish we closed games out though, I get so cranky when we go playing party football when we have a solid lead.. put in a good set and kick to the corner.. soak up time, play smart.. if we jag a try great but dont give oppositions the ball back so cheaply.. or risk intercept tries.. its self-sabotage.. we just dont have footy smarts.. the games we win.. its always by a lot.. but we need to practice how to stay in tight ones.

TheRev

First Grade
Panthers playing like garbage so we're gonna end up at 8.

Cowboys down a man and they get an overlap and score.

Our poor F/G really costly.
Our for and against is a good 60-80 behind the other competitors.. I think it is what it is, we are unlikely to finish inside the 8 (even if we upset lots of teams from here).

But these wins are massive for our recruitment chances.. after finishing 16th... the wins we get this year are everything... we have to do enough to show players/managers that flanno is legit.. and he is building something.. cooke is with us... now get on board stefano, blaize, nas whoever.. its such a different conversation now versus what Flanno would have faced in the last 9 months.

Dragsters

First Grade
We lost all the 50/50s in the 1st half.. couple of square ups was appreciated.

One thing I saw today was Toby has his arms free to offload 'a lot', now opposition coaches will probably notice that too.. but we need to get into the mindset of supporting that.. was all panicked when he did it today.. throw in Ryan Couchman who will do the same thing given the opportunity.

I do wish we closed games out though, I get so cranky when we go playing party football when we have a solid lead.. put in a good set and kick to the corner.. soak up time, play smart.. if we jag a try great but dont give oppositions the ball back so cheaply.. or risk intercept tries.. its self-sabotage.. we just dont have footy smarts.. the games we win.. its always by a lot.. but we need to practice how to stay in tight ones.
Spot on.

We need to learn how to get down and dirty and grind.

Our defence is much improved and that needs to be in place in order to grind.

Now it comes down to smarts from the halves, kicking to corners, line speed, minimising errors and keeping the pressure on.

All of those hallmarks of quality footy teams...

Lennyb

Juniors
Q55Bg2zipOT_JNWipScC_gioC3Qe2bI5ZGmEBgfGF_8.png
Haha, nice.

Latest posts