What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 17 - v Dolphins

TheRev

First Grade
every team does the breathing now I think, womens, mens, lower grade.. at first i thought it was spiritual or something but it makes so much sense, its a reminder to get some good big deep breaths in to calm urself before going again.. get some of the adrenaline out and keep a clear head...

I always feel great after deep breathing, but I never think to do it on my own.. unless someone mentions it.

Parko1310

Juniors
Well he didnt run his usual 100m KW but then again he was not given big mins either. He ran with gusto tho like he always does. There were one or two other forwards that ran less, Eisenhuth for instance with a piddling 30. Murdoch-Masila 73, Lawrie 87. He also had the second best PCM count.
Less metres per run than the others, just looked up the stats as well and he did not have the second most PCM at all, he was near the bottom of the team for that category. He also had the slowest average play the ball speed of anyone in the side. He also got rag dolled back into the in goal. He also dropped the ball at a very crucial time, before then wasting our captain's challenge.

TheRev

First Grade
Im not trying to join in on the usual lawrie pile-on, but most of those runs must have come from that 1 big run in space he got, even though he lost the ball at the end of it..

tbf his stats dont paint the picture I had in my head either, 106m from 11 carries (9.64m per carry) much more than his usual 7or8, 27 PCM is similar to every other forward tbh... and Im not sure how the play the ball speed is measured but i dont think it fully captures the momentum generated (or lost) for the next carry... I think we basically read too much into these stats.. unless we get injuries I think hes next to make way for Sele or Ryan.

Wolfgang90

Juniors
Lawrie is shit, time to move him on. We can't have 2 chubbas with him and luciano on the bench. Luch is actually good off the bench, provides some impact & energy. I'm sticking with Luch as my dedicated fatty on the team.

Ryan Couchman for Lawrie, let Sele play a full game in NSW cup. We can't afford taking his injury prone ass into the game v roosters without any match fitness.

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
What I find interesting is Flano put Toby back on, not Lawrie. Usually it's the other way around. I'm hoping that is an indication of who will be in the team next week. Lawrie simply cannot be there surely, and BMM has been great for us off the bench with his impact
I think playing him makes him look worse to other clubs, as opposed to him being "in the shop window"

sammymills

Juniors
Just finished my second rewatch. This game was very frustrating to watch and wierd and ugly. Pretty much all our tries except the one from Tui were ones where we bashed our way over. I thought our halves had quiet (im being graceful here) games and couldnt get into the rhythm. Partly it wasnt their fault, dolphins made that game into a bludger. In 2nd half there was one instance where i think flanno had a 3 on 1 out wide with luciano, suli and tui, he throws the ball out and averillo knocks it down. This summed up the dolphins defence for me, they made it very stop start, trying strips all the time and if you watch their goal line defence they were inside the 10 on almost every play. Every time hunt got the ball on 5th it looked like the defender was already on him when he caught the ball. We managed to get the better of it but it halted our momentum to play any real expansive footy. Wet weather didnt help much and Kyles horrendous goal kicking probably kept our team on their toes as well. We will need a much improved effort next week against a red hot roosters. Our defense was great today especially from Sua and Suli shutting down a lot of plays.

RedVee

First Grade
Just finished my second rewatch. This game was very frustrating to watch and wierd and ugly. Pretty much all our tries except the one from Tui were ones where we bashed our way over. I thought our halves had quiet (im being graceful here) games and couldnt get into the rhythm. Partly it wasnt their fault, dolphins made that game into a bludger. In 2nd half there was one instance where i think flanno had a 3 on 1 out wide with luciano, suli and tui, he throws the ball out and averillo knocks it down. This summed up the dolphins defence for me, they made it very stop start, trying strips all the time and if you watch their goal line defence they were inside the 10 on almost every play. Every time hunt got the ball on 5th it looked like the defender was already on him when he caught the ball. We managed to get the better of it but it halted our momentum to play any real expansive footy. Wet weather didnt help much and Kyles horrendous goal kicking probably kept our team on their toes as well. We will need a much improved effort next week against a red hot roosters. Our defense was great today especially from Sua and Suli shutting down a lot of plays.
TBF the wind was very gusty and changeable. The goal miss that swang away late - the flags in Jubilee Ave were flying three different directions at once.

since77

Juniors
Lawrie is shit, time to move him on. We can't have 2 chubbas with him and luciano on the bench. Luch is actually good off the bench, provides some impact & energy. I'm sticking with Luch as my dedicated fatty on the team.

Ryan Couchman for Lawrie, let Sele play a full game in NSW cup. We can't afford taking his injury prone ass into the game v roosters without any match fitness.
The continual selection of Lawrie is vexing. He literally looks like he’s playing at a lower and slower level than everyone else on the field. Cumbersome, always good for a terrible handling error and totally ineffective. Stifles the attack with glacial play the balls. I refuse to believe we don’t have a better option in the NSW cup team than Lawrie.

Phantom V

Juniors
every team does the breathing now I think, womens, mens, lower grade.. at first i thought it was spiritual or something but it makes so much sense, its a reminder to get some good big deep breaths in to calm urself before going again.. get some of the adrenaline out and keep a clear head...

I always feel great after deep breathing, but I never think to do it on my own.. unless someone mentions it.
Nothing new. I’ve been doing the deep breathing thing myself at half time for the last 13 years

Crush

Coach
Less metres per run than the others, just looked up the stats as well and he did not have the second most PCM at all, he was near the bottom of the team for that category. He also had the slowest average play the ball speed of anyone in the side. He also got rag dolled back into the in goal. He also dropped the ball at a very crucial time, before then wasting our captain's challenge.
We've outgrown Lawrie, it was good while it lasted but now its time for us to have the "its not you, its me" chat with him and send him on his way.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Great performance by the boys. 1st half was an arm wrestle. if not for the last minute it would have ended as a tryless 1st half which is rare these days. This is great seeing the Dolphins have been scoring tries for fun these days. They were up 22-0 against the Sharks a few weeks ago. Saints defence was immense.

2nd half was brilliant by the Saints a few errors but in defence they were great. Off all the wins this to me was the most impressive as the Dolphins have been great this season and to beat them you need to play good footy. They stay in all their games. The beat the Sharks and narrowly lost to the Storm prior to the Saints game.

My standouts were Su'a, Sloan, RFM and Suli. I feel for Matt Feagai on the wing as he was having a blinder until he got injured. Lawrie was terrible bt he did 1 good thing, get the penalty to give Saints the 2 points. Apart from that was terrible. The impact BMM makes to Lawrie when they come on is huge. If I were to drop 1 it would be Lawrie.
Jacob Liddle and Cookie will be great for the team next season.

It's hard to believe Saints are on the Same points as the Dogs and Dolphins and people are talking them up as having great seasons. I guess Saints are having a good season as well. Only difference is that when Saints lose they lose big.

Next 4 games will be huge, Roosters, Broncos, Panthers and Storm. If Saints can jag 2 wins out of that then I will be stoked and it will surely give them a good crack at finals. Their confidence will also be sky high. The bye comes at a bad time. If only they can switch the bye and Panthers game around and play Panthers after Origin game 3 when they will rest their players.

Saints simply cannot afford to get flogged in these games and at least if they lose go down by a try or 2 max.

Latest posts