What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 17 vs. Knights Discussion + Voting

Kiwi

First Grade
Right I am now an unhappy fan. It is official I have joined the f**k off Griffin camp. He has used 16 players in far to many games this season, his selections leave a lot to be desired, and don't get me started on his game plan.

If this isn't the side that runs out next week I'll be finding something else to do next Friday.

1 - Barba
2 - Copley
3 - Reed
4 - Hodges
5 - Vidot
6 - Kodi
7 - Hunt
8 - McGuire
9 - McCullough
10 - Parker
11 - Glenn
12 - Thaiday
13 - Gillett

14 - Haha
15 - Oates
16 - Wallace
17 - Hannant

About the only thing he has gotten 100% right is the starting forward pack this year.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
People, this is Griffin. Hoffman will be the 5/8th for the rest of the season, or until Hook is hooked.

League guru

Juniors
Why is all the flack aimed at Hoffman. No one was worse then Hodges, except maybe Barba. I am sure some of you blokes berate players for the sake of it.

Dazzat

First Grade
Griffin may be capable of only little steps in terms of changing the team and making decisions.

So I'll just say, if Barba is still in the team next week, Griffin will go down in my estimations even more. He needs to drop Barba for Barba's sake and the team's. Look at Sandow's performance against us a couple of weeks ago - going forward often means taking a step back in terms of your pride. Humility is a good thing and Barba looks like he needs some.

So that would mean Hoffman would go back to No. 1 and Kodi will come into the team. I know its common sense to make these positional changes - so my guess is Griffin won't.

Kiwi

First Grade
Why is all the flack aimed at Hoffman. No one was worse then Hodges, except maybe Barba. I am sure some of you blokes berate players for the sake of it.

Hoffman is a winger, a great winger, but a winger. So much of our attack dies with him. Swap Hoffman for even someone as you as Kodi last night and we win easily. Hoffman butchered countless chances out wide, and has done all year. I can only recall seeing him pass once, f**king once in six games, and for a number 6 that is shocking.

Kiwi

First Grade
Griffin may be capable of only little steps in terms of changing the team and making decisions.

So I'll just say, if Barba is still in the team next week, Griffin will go down in my estimations even more. He needs to drop Barba for Barba's sake and the team's. Look at Sandow's performance against us a couple of weeks ago - going forward often means taking a step back in terms of your pride. Humility is a good thing and Barba looks like he needs some.

So that would mean Hoffman would go back to No. 1 and Kodi will come into the team. I know its common sense to make these positional changes - so my guess is Griffin won't.

Barba isn't the problem and he has even said that Griffin is getting him to play a different style and role than what he has before. So who do you blame, the coach or the player doing what the coach tells him to?

Dazzat

First Grade
Barba isn't the problem and he has even said that Griffin is getting him to play a different style and role than what he has before. So who do you blame, the coach or the player doing what the coach tells him to?

Well yes ... of course. Who do you blame?

As mentioned, I think Barba's problems are directly related to Hoffman playing out of position (sounds like a re-run from last year doesn't it).

But, Barba's attitude isn't exactly sparkling. For all his ability, he is doing virtually nothing in attack - hanging back and not getting involved. This needs some attitude adjustment - in Q Cup.

League guru

Juniors
if I am correct Griifin picks the team. it is his decision fo play Hoffman at 6. I am sure that if (Hoffman) had the choice he would prefer to play 1 (where he was one of the better broncos players last year). He would probably go a bit better then Barba. So maybe the criticism should be targeted at Barba/Griffin instead of making Hoffman the scapegoat.

Tayjack

Juniors
Right I am now an unhappy fan. It is official I have joined the f**k off Griffin camp. He has used 16 players in far to many games this season, his selections leave a lot to be desired, and don't get me started on his game plan.

If this isn't the side that runs out next week I'll be finding something else to do next Friday.

1 - Barba
2 - Copley
3 - Reed
4 - Hodges
5 - Vidot
6 - Kodi
7 - Hunt
8 - McGuire
9 - McCullough
10 - Parker
11 - Glenn
12 - Thaiday
13 - Gillett

14 - Haha
15 - Oates
16 - Wallace
17 - Hannant

About the only thing he has gotten 100% right is the starting forward pack this year.

What exactly is his game plan?

Blockade

Juniors
if I am correct Griifin picks the team. it is his decision fo play Hoffman at 6. I am sure that if (Hoffman) had the choice he would prefer to play 1 (where he was one of the better broncos players last year). He would probably go a bit better then Barba. So maybe the criticism should be targeted at Barba/Griffin instead of making Hoffman the scapegoat.

I think it's a well known fact that FB is his preferred position as he almost left the Broncos because of it. It's a shame that he is a terrible #1 as well, out wide is where he excels as he can run hard and straight and has a knack for finding the try line, for some reason he thinks he is more useful at the back, which he isn't.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
What exactly is his game plan?

He doesn't have one. His game plan, which we've come to refer to as "Griffinball" is completely rudderless and without inspiration or logic. It is entirely contrary to everything that makes successful modern day League teams.

Bronco18

Juniors

I imagine Griffin doesn't instruct him to drop bombs and get pushed backwards.

AceAv

Juniors
Bronco18 beat me to it here.

Barba just has no form and confidence at the moment. His speed and handling is what's clearly lacking and he's clearly getting worse by the weeks rather than improving, so Qcup looks like the only option.

But we're being frustrated by a coach who persisted with P.Wallace for years before finally making the choice to drop him for someone who is clearly better in every department.

Griffin just doesn't believe in dropping players on lack of form and I have to also jump on the Hook-Hook bandwagon.

Dazzat

First Grade
Yes, I have never been one to call for the sacking of a coach, but the pattern of his indecision and inability to make tough calls on players is clear.

He has had opportunity to change his ways - several crisises. But he's stuck to his same behaviours.

AceAv

Juniors
Cut & Paste team *shakes head... I'm over it Anthony.

1 Ben Barba
2 Daniel Vidot
3 Jack Reed
4 Justin Hodges (c)
5 Dale Copley
6 Josh Hoffman
7 Ben Hunt
8 Josh McGuire
9 Andrew McCullough
10 Corey Parker (c)
11 Alex Glenn
12 Sam Thaiday
13 Matt Gillett

Interchange
14 Martin Kennedy
15 Todd Lowrie
16 Ben Hannant
17 Corey Oates
18 Jarrod Wallace

Coach: Anthony Griffin

http://www.broncos.com.au/news/2014/04/15/broncos_ins_and_outs_round_7.html

Last edited by a moderator:

Kiwi

First Grade
same shit different day, a blind fool can see Hoffman is crippling our attack, we would have won easily against the Titans if we had a player there who actually passes the ball. Hoffman butchered atleast 2 overlaps a half on Friday night, lets see how many he can butcher against the Knights. Someone will have to keep a tally I'll be doing something else.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
AceAv, would you mind adding in the link when you post the team? Saves me having to do it.

I agree with you, I am completely over this team selection too. What will it take for Griffin to change things up a bit?

Let's hope that Oates actually gets a run this game. Surely we can hope for at least this can't we?