What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 17 vs. Melbourne Storm Discussion + Voting

DeeJ

Bench
I like Maranta, he played very well last year and you can see he tries his guts out. Unfortunately he might not be physically up to NRL standard. He seems slow (that's why he always runs in field, because he isn't fast enough to get on the outside) and physically smaller than everyone. I was surprised to find out he is 6'2.

Big Pete

Referee
Maranta inherited his dad's speed but lacks his power.

U/16s half? :lol: Logan Spaander? unBreak's cutting loose ladies and gentleman!

u4er

Juniors
Surely Norman will spend the rest of 2013 in QCup? Has killed so many tries this year by going himself when all he had to do was pass. Why sacrifice another players development for someone who is playing well below average and won't be around next year? As said earlier, 2013 is a write off - spend the rest of the year blooding new talent and hopefully someone shines. Sad times at the Broncos. Had to happen eventually I guess. Storm is now what the Broncos once were.

unbreaK

Juniors
Maranta inherited his dad's speed but lacks his power.

U/16s half? :lol: Logan Spaander? unBreak's cutting loose ladies and gentleman!

Maybe a slight exaggeration on how desperate we are, but it's close to getting to that point, maybe give Cullen a run.

Big Pete

Referee
On the other hand, why throw another player into the deep end when they're not ready just to get rid of Norman?

Our backline depth is so bad we've HAD to play Maranta.

some11

Referee
Does Kemp have a broken leg or something?

For f**ks sake what do we lose playing him!

unbreaK

Juniors
On the other hand, why throw another player into the deep end when they're not ready just to get rid of Norman?

Our backline depth is so bad we've HAD to play Maranta.

I don't see any circumstance in which we'll have to throw someone into the deep end, Kahu slots straight into Fullback, he's back from injury next week and prefers Fullback.. Yow Yeh onto Maranta's wing (IF and only IF he says he's up to it) - If not, give Kemp or Whitchurch another crack.

Chainshada

Juniors
But that's just it..maybe wait for 1 more loss (probably won't have to wait long)..tell the kid there's no way to make the 8 to take the pressure off him and see how he goes.

Nerd

Bench
It's going to get ugly. 2013 is a write-off.

Can't see Griffin coaching next year.
My thoughts exactly.

I believe there would be front rowers faster than Maranta in the comp. If he gets picked again this year Griffin should be stood down on the spot.

The whole team looked flat tonight. The Storm were running almost 10m on quite a few tackles before meeting the defensive line.

Norman doesn't look interested so if or when we lose the next few games he should be dropped and maybe time to blood some younger players.

It was interesting to compare the games of Wallace and Cronk tonight. Like chalk and cheese. Wallace as usual drifting across field to pick up an almost stationary player who then gets crunched. Cronk taking players with him to the line and then delivering well timed short passes.

This team cannot win the comp with our current halves. I now realise how good Lockyer was as he had to carry Wallace all that time!

To be honest I thought Melbourne dropped back into cruise mode after their second try. The commentary team were talking the Broncos up at half time but they were already gone.

Good teams make their own luck. This isn't a good team, we constantly require luck to win which isn't a good sign.

Griffin, Gee and maybe even the CEO (if he's protecting them as I've heard) must be looking over their shoulders for the fat lady.

Dazzat

First Grade
Watched Broncos TV a few weeks back and they had a segment where Lachlan Maranta was looking through some old Broncos magazines with his Dad - a bit of history.

Let's just hope Maranta will be history from now on.

Seriously, it was so obvious tonight that Bellamy, Smith and Cronk planned to attack Maranta's wing. I can think of two tries that Melbourne scored due to Maranta's lack of presence on the ball.

But it was the bombing of sure-fire tries tonight that was just too hard to watch.

Dazzat

First Grade
I don't see any circumstance in which we'll have to throw someone into the deep end, Kahu slots straight into Fullback, he's back from injury next week and prefers Fullback.. Yow Yeh onto Maranta's wing (IF and only IF he says he's up to it) - If not, give Kemp or Whitchurch another crack.

Yow Yeh's not ready for first grade yet. Kemp wasn't named for Redcliffe this week. Whitchurch has been named on the bench for Redcliffe, but after his last butter-fingered performance, can't seem him being picked either.

Surely Bond, Berryman or even Georgetown could do no worse. The younger Tasi has been named on the bench for the Ipswich Jets ... clutching at straws here.

Big Pete

Referee
Both Kahu & Yow Yeh are coming off serious injuries and really aren't ready for the demands of either position.

Kemp is an option but honestly isn't deserving of the position at all.

user_nat

Coach
Meh. It wasn't 30 points bad. Given some of our efforts against Melbourne this time of year.. it wasn't even bad.

unbreaK

Juniors
Both Kahu & Yow Yeh are coming off serious injuries and really aren't ready for the demands of either position.

Kemp is an option but honestly isn't deserving of the position at all.

Kahu seemed perfectly fine and confident jumping for high balls on the wing when he was playing earlier in the season, I could be misguided, but he looked good to me, I agree with JYY, I would prefer he takes the rest of the year in QCUP and comes back for round 1 next year, Whitchurch only got one game and that was outside Reed who was in one of his non-passing moods.