What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 17 vs Melbourne

I'm not expecting a dragons win the Cam Smith factor will get Melbourne over the line hope I'm wrong

Start with Sele, given Mary only ever plays the game with 16 players, send him on at the start to Terry Lamb/ Elery Hanly him in the first two minutes.
Problem solved.

Dragsters

First Grade
Origin depleted teams but shapes up to be a cracker nonetheless.

I was impressed with the effort and intent from Host, Luc and Lawrie last week but for mine it comes down to the halves.

If Nichols can do a job and Widdop stands up I reckon we can get 'em...

Saints by 4.

Belta

Juniors
Interesting game, big ask for the bunch forwards thrown into first grade. If they can match their opposing pack we should win.

Its baffled/irked me all season long (and I know I'm not alone) and It's one of the great mysteries of the modern world, how these forwards were blooded and performed admirably in 2017, then suddenly every last one of them contracted first gradeitis and became inadequate a to fill in for any longer than 7 minutes as a fourth reserve, up in until now, when miraculously they're cured but now face an 80 minute assignment in the toughest league in the world. I believe they can do it, but I certainly won't be praising the coach for his excellent preparation if they do.

If they do pull it off the only thing I'd see is egg on the coaches face.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Very interesting game actually. We are Outsiders according to the betting agencies only due to the Cameron Smith effect and how he steered them to Victory last week against the roosters. We still have Internationals playing in this game whether that be for England, New Zealand or the other Pacific Nations, more so then Melbourne has. Like us they have many inexperienced players in this game so the game will be won by the team that can click first.
I feel that is us and we can get away with this game with a nice rare victory in Melbourne.
Dragons by 10.

ALSGI

Bench
Very interesting game actually. We are Outsiders according to the betting agencies only due to the Cameron Smith effect and how he steered them to Victory last week against the roosters. We still have Internationals playing in this game whether that be for England, New Zealand or the other Pacific Nations, more so then Melbourne has. Like us they have many inexperienced players in this game so the game will be won by the team that can click first.
I feel that is us and we can get away with this game with a nice rare victory in Melbourne.
Dragons by 10.
Agree, for the very reasons you have pointed out and up you by 10, I reckon we’ll win by 20+.
Then we’ll have to endure the nay sayers, that it doesn’t count.

SBD82

Coach
Just quietly, I f**king can't stand Thursday night games when we aren't playing at home. The wait to watch the game after work seems like an eternity.

Agree, for the very reasons you have pointed out and up you by 10, I reckon we’ll win by 20+.
Then we’ll have to endure the nay sayers, that it doesn’t count.

They should win by 20
Have a go at the Storm team and apart from Smith, name a big name player in that lineup.
They have the worst handling in the comp, two young, unproven halves, young backline, no name forwards.
For the life of me I can't work out how they are coming third?

Not to diminish the Dragons leading the comp, but there's some pretty ordinary teams out there this year.

The Damo

Juniors
Just quietly, I f**king can't stand Thursday night games when we aren't playing at home. The wait to watch the game after work seems like an eternity.
Agree. Plus trying to get the kids in bed on time to catch the start on a school night.

Drakon

Juniors
They should win by 20
Have a go at the Storm team and apart from Smith, name a big name player in that lineup.
They have the worst handling in the comp, two young, unproven halves, young backline, no name forwards.
For the life of me I can't work out how they are coming third?

Not to diminish the Dragons leading the comp, but there's some pretty ordinary teams out there this year.
Smith of course is the puppet master but there's Vunivalu and Hoffman. Also Asofa-Solomona and Bromich are pretty decent as well as Welch. Scott, Croft and Jacks have been hot and cold but are good on their day.
I'm really interested to see how the game goes. Not long now. Go the Saints!

kit66

Bench
Despite my misgivings about the SOO interrupting our best season in years I'm actually quite pumped for this game. Not just because our young talent is on display but also because of the fairytale of the 29 year old debutante Nicholls, may he live the dream and score the match winner. Hope the kids go really well. Also looking forward to Widdop and McInnes having huge games and carrying us to an unlikely victory.
Expect Smith to go looking for payback on Latimore in some form.

Crush

Coach
Dami and Crush, so cute together. Always liking each others simple comments.

Awwwww, so lovely.
Thanks ouryears. Maybe you and drag queen would like to go on a double date? We could hit the Penrith Leagues club maybe? Hang out with your peeps out there?

Latest posts