What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 17 vs Melbourne

We will be without DeBelin, Frizell and Vaughan and Hunt if all of the origin players get picked for NSW and Qld respectively. Melbourne will be without Slater, Chambers, Kaufusi, Munster and Addo Carr if they all get picked for Qld and NSW respectively. Melbourne will also be without Jesse Bromwich and Kasiano due to injuries. I think we are getting them at a good time. Without our origin players, I would pick

1 Dufty
2 Mann
3 Aitken
4 Lafai
5 McDonald
6 Widdop
7 Nicholls
13 Lawrie
12 Sims
11 Host
10 Graham
9 McInnes
8 Ah Mau

14 Nightingale
15 Lucky
16 Latimore
17 Sele

I think that looks like a decent team, without our 4 origin players.
The build-up to the Storm Dragons game earlier this season was enormous. Shame this game is affected by Origin but that's just how it goes.

Personally I've written this game off as a loss and a win would be a bonus.

Twenty10

Juniors
We will be without DeBelin, Frizell and Vaughan and Hunt if all of the origin players get picked for NSW and Qld respectively. Melbourne will be without Slater, Chambers, Kaufusi, Munster and Addo Carr if they all get picked for Qld and NSW respectively. Melbourne will also be without Jesse Bromwich and Kasiano due to injuries. I think we are getting them at a good time. Without our origin players, I would pick

1 Dufty
2 Mann
3 Aitken
4 Lafai
5 McDonald
6 Widdop
7 Nicholls
13 Lawrie
12 Sims
11 Host
10 Graham
9 McInnes
8 Ah Mau

14 Nightingale
15 Lucky
16 Latimore
17 Sele

I think that looks like a decent team, without our 4 origin players.
Nicholls won’t play. Nightingale starting winger and Mann to 5/8. Widdop half.

SBD82

Coach
The build-up to the Storm Dragons game earlier this season was enormous. Shame this game is affected by Origin but that's just how it goes.

Personally I've written this game off as a loss and a win would be a bonus.
Massive shame that this isn't two full strength teams.

Hopefully Widdop McInnes and Dufty can shine and get us home. A win over Melbourne leaves us three wins ahead of them. In terms of teams jostling for the top 4, that would be a huge advantage for us.

giboz71

First Grade
I'd love for him to get a game, he's been so close for so long. But barring injury I can't see who they would drop for him.

Yep the whole squad is inexperienced. Fittler would want to give the starting 17 the whole 3 games.

BennyV

Referee
The reason is that, frankly, he’s not first grade standard. He’s got no leg drive, he doesn’t go looking for work in defence or attack, he’s smaller than most players (but that’s no excuse, look at Victor Radley at the chooks) and he struggles to make an impact in reserve grade. Lawrie may be a bit of a potato but at least you notice him when he runs.
Seriously? Sele has been great when he’s got a decent run in first grade, he’s the closest thing we’ve got to another JDB and competes with Host for our most promising young forward. He’s got great footwork at the like, runs hard and has great ball skills (set up a killer try in first grade last year with a short ball to Friz I think). He also hits hard in defence. Been recognised by plenty of good judges as a future star and is a far more natural lock than Lawrie, who is an out and out prop.

giboz71

First Grade
Speaking of Host, he’s looked good the last couple of games.

He looks bigger and more intimidating.

Must be the new beard :)

Old Timer

Coach

Just not utilised correctly in attack
Other teams bring in young players and get them involved in all aspects of the game and we need to follow suit and not just use them as battering rams and tackling machines.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
The reason is that, frankly, he’s not first grade standard. He’s got no leg drive, he doesn’t go looking for work in defence or attack, he’s smaller than most players (but that’s no excuse, look at Victor Radley at the chooks) and he struggles to make an impact in reserve grade. Lawrie may be a bit of a potato but at least you notice him when he runs.

Yes, "runs" in a way reminiscent of George Rose.

giboz71

First Grade
Just not utilised correctly in attack
Other teams bring in young players and get them involved in all aspects of the game and we need to follow suit and not just use them as battering rams and tackling machines.

Well based on recent form, should be out of him and Lawrie to be that 3rd bench forward.

Would be the ideal player to spell Friz.

He’s not going to get a run as starting edge forward any time soon the way Friz and Sims have been going.

JDHD

Juniors
Seriously? Sele has been great when he’s got a decent run in first grade, he’s the closest thing we’ve got to another JDB and competes with Host for our most promising young forward. He’s got great footwork at the like, runs hard and has great ball skills (set up a killer try in first grade last year with a short ball to Friz I think). He also hits hard in defence. Been recognised by plenty of good judges as a future star and is a far more natural lock than Lawrie, who is an out and out prop.

The only game I’ve seen him look even half decent in was when we put 50 on the Titans. Maybe I’ve just been missing it.

OzDragon

Coach

You jest about the hair but Debelin cut off the man bun and his form has gotten tremendously better since.

Latest posts