What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 17 vs Melbourne

TomRedVRiver

Bench
It's a shame Smith retired from rep footy, because they'll be without Chambers (unless he's dropped), Kaufusi, Munster, Slater, Addo-Carr and Glasby.

Buz-V

Juniors
I think it will look something like this.

1. Dufty
2. Macdonald
3. Aitken
4. Lafai
5. Nightingale
6. Widdop
7. Mann
8. Graham
9. Mcinness
10. Ah Mau
11. Host
12. Simms
13. Lawrie

14. Robson
15. Latimore
16. Luciano
17. Sele

Widdop will have the number 6 but will be the main playmaker with mann just feeding the ball around with a kick here and there to take some pressure off him.
Sele has the most experience of the newer guys so i think he has to play with our reps out.
I would even be tempted to start him at 13 cos i think Lawrie will have better impact off the bench with Latimore.
Then again who really knows what towball will do......

Falco

Juniors
Would Jai Field be up for selection? He was the boom player last year along with Dufty. Surely his speed would be a great asset in this game.

Gareth67

First Grade
This will be another tough game , very similar to the Rorters/Storm clash , survival of the fittest . We must ensure that Smith does not control the game and is tackled hard at every opportunity . The referees must not allow him any slack whatsoever when it comes to who is officiating the match - do the same to the berstard as they did in our previous meeting and send him off for 10 .

Believe that with a genuine effort from our boys for the full 80 minutes we shall walk away from sin-city with the 2 competition points .

epDragon62

First Grade

1. Dufty
2. Macdonald
3. Aitken
4. Lafai
5. Nightingale
6. Widdop
7. Mann
8. Graham
9. Mcinness
10. Ah Mau
11. Host
12. Simms
13. Lawrie

14. Robson
15. Latimore
16. Luciano
17. Sele

Widdop will have the number 6 but will be the main playmaker with mann just feeding the ball around with a kick here and there to take some pressure off him.
Sele has the most experience of the newer guys so i think he has to play with our reps out.
I would even be tempted to start him at 13 cos i think Lawrie will have better impact off the bench with Latimore.
Realistically Nighty shouldn’t be in the run on side, if at all. Keep Mann on the wing and use Nicholls.

Sele starting at lock with Lawrie on the bench makes more sense to me. Nighty on the bench may be wise for his experience, one could argue, but if not I think Herbert sounds the better option atm.

epDragon62

First Grade
This will be another tough game , very similar to the Rorters/Storm clash , survival of the fittest . We must ensure that Smith does not control the game and is tackled hard at every opportunity . The referees must not allow him any slack whatsoever when it comes to who is officiating the match - do the same to the berstard as they did in our previous meeting and send him off for 10 .

Believe that with a genuine effort from our boys for the full 80 minutes we shall walk away from sin-city with the 2 competition points .
If we lose it’s a fair bet that Smith will have got them over the line.

SBD82

Coach

1. Dufty
2. Macdonald
3. Aitken
4. Lafai
5. Nightingale
6. Widdop
7. Mann
8. Graham
9. Mcinness
10. Ah Mau
11. Host
12. Simms
13. Lawrie

14. Robson
15. Latimore
16. Luciano
17. Sele

I think you're close. Not sure if Robson is available due to SOO commitments?

Overseas dragon

Juniors

1. Dufty
2. Macdonald
3. Aitken
4. Lafai
5. Nightingale
6. Widdop
7. Mann
8. Graham
9. Mcinness
10. Ah Mau
11. Host
12. Simms
13. Lawrie

14. Robson
15. Latimore
16. Luciano
17. Sele

Good team Robson probably not available soo take your pick probably allgood

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade

1. Dufty
2. Macdonald
3. Aitken
4. Lafai
5. Nightingale
6. Widdop
7. Mann
8. Graham
9. Mcinness
10. Ah Mau
11. Host
12. Simms
13. Lawrie

14. Robson
15. Latimore
16. Luciano
17. Sele

I feel this lineup is close to the mark to what we'll see on Thursday night.

My belief is that Sele should be at lock (at least let's hope so), and that McGregor will go with Latimore as a starting prop.

Nightingale will be in the run on side.

Bench
Why hasn’t Jordan peirera been mentioned on a wing he’s got plenty of speed he’s leading try scorer in isp and is in form seems everyone has a love affair with Lomax atm
I am with you on Peiera. He does not even get mentioned as a possible spot on the wing.
I would be interested to hear from people who have seen him play.

Gareth67

First Grade
Pardon my ignorance but isn't Simms still on the SOO team or is he able to play for the Dragons ?

watatank

Coach
True, I was being nice. My point was we have been the only NRL club that has shown any interest.

Latest posts