What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 17 vs Melbourne

mickeylane

Bench
We are a team that concedes less than 16 points a game....tonites score will never be repeated - not with
Sims
Frizell
JDB
Vaughan in the team

good news though 29/30 set completions is massive effort

nontime111

Juniors
I seriously want to know what Leilua did in that game.
Was it the continuous turning his back in defence?
The constant falling off tackles?
The lack of real hard running?
Or just the general laziness in all aspects of the game?
set up a great rty and scored a cracker, his first game really, give him a go hes not perfect but he is the wildcard we need , as if Nights should be there with LUC around, always should be on the bench he has magic in attack

ozbuck

Juniors
Agree it felt like a trial, just need to put that one behind us asap.

Yeh. Well, learn from it and then put it behind us... I think there were some amazing qualities we showed tonight... Resilience, some great set plays, etc

Our inexperienced players looked a little roo in the spotlight sometimes. Our kicking game was poor in the second half. No repeat sets or any sustained pressure.

The Damo

Juniors
Why?
Storm missing more players than us.
Coach hasn't got us up for a decent defensive effort.

Almost 40 against us.
Real heart!

#rosecolouredglasses
Oh Buzzfan1, glad you enjoyed the game. I’d now like to cordially invite you to eat dogshit with a spoon. If you can’t enjoy that game and see the heart on display, I pity you.

set up a great rty and scored a cracker, his first game really, give him a go hes not perfect but he is the wildcard we need , as if Nights should be there with LUC around, always should be on the bench he has magic in attack

He’d wanna score a heap of tries, cause his defence is shocking.

O'Sullivan

Juniors
No ball last 20 but poor and tired defence. Nightingale can not play on the edge based on tonight but to be fair he did lack starch and quality around him. Sele would have been better getting more minutes, he might have brought a little more physicality. The loss of Host hurt us badly but I am disappointed that we fell away so much towards the end. Nicholls tried hard and he threw one lovely pass, but at times he was hesitant in defence. Aitken was found out again on occasions, but he does amazing things like the strip try. Latimore, Lawrie and LAM are too ponderous in the middle when defending when they are on together. Sigh...

Crush

Coach
A couple of learnings from tonight's game

Host is our best young forward unfortunately got injured early

There is a reason Nichols has never played first grade before

When Leeson goes we need to add another hard head forward

4 of our starting pack not playing and that's our strength

Write this one off and move on to next round
How do you get that Host is our best young forward out of that game?

Old Timer

Coach
Tonight’s take aways
  • Forward depth is a problem
  • Still some grave issues in defence alignment
  • Luc is well short of 1st grade
  • Playing small players in the forwards gives you no chance against physical teams
  • We showed lots of ticker and that was very pleasing
  • We showed some high quality set plays which led to classy tries and that was very pleasing
  • We need all our rep players to be fully fit & at their best to be any chance to progress in the finals
  • Nighty to get the “c” in reggies as there is just no room for him anymore.

Carlton

Juniors
Dufty still has a lot to work on. He does good things but in a game like this they did not out weigh the errors and defensive deficiencies.

I am still not convinced he is the answer as the long term fullback.

Dragsters

First Grade
It was a great effort.
But Bellemy spotted he was running out of steam and sent all thier second half attack his way, scoring three tries straight through him.
If Bellemy could see it, why couldn’t Mary?

He should never have been asked to do it in the first place, but he was and he did. He may have missed a few but he made plenty.

We were always a forward short and went host went early, Nightingale was asked to cover and it was a big ask for any winger.

Perhaps Nene, having played centre before and with the bigger body may have been an option.

Dragon Revival

Juniors
It was close for three quarters of the game. Host is probably the only ISP forward that is up to NRL standard and he gets injured early. Lawrie, Leilua, Robson and Sele were all disappointing. It was time for Lafai to stand out but he was unsighted. Ah Mau, Graham and Latimore were also disappointing. We really need to buy two good props and a centre that is electric. None of our forwards stood out. I think that Jackson Ford would have been worth a run. We will be in a hole when De Belin, Frizell, Sims and Vaughan hang up their boots.

Crush

Coach
Come on you are being a bit harsh he is obviously not using that game to rate Host but is using it to rate Luc, Lawrie & Sele
I haven't seen anything of Host so far in any game to rate him above anyone.
Apart from BennyV constantly assuring us all that he is a gun.

ozbuck

Juniors
It was a great effort.
But Bellemy spotted he was running out of steam and sent all thier second half attack his way, scoring three tries straight through him.
If Bellemy could see it, why couldn’t Mary?

Whoaa whoa whoa. You just made up that story.... No one knows if Bellamy saw it, unless you have a direct line into his walky talky.

Maybe Smith just saw that side of the field tiring. But when you make up a story about Bellamy seeing it and Mary not, I've got to ask you: do you see you just made that story up or didn't you see it?

Its just an assumption that allows this Bellamy Vs Mary crap. When our teams were full strength at kogarah this year we won... Tonight's game felt like trial. That scoreline won't be seen if we play in the finals.

Tbh, it looked like we had more energy when we were 2 in front...but they got offloads off (not nightingale from memory) and they burned us. Once they got ahead again we dropped our bundle.

But this game was make believe. Fairy dust.

True_Believer

Juniors
Losing Host so early in a depleted team was a huge blow. Probably the worst position to lose a player given the team makeup.

Also meant Nighty had to play more minutes than was planned. I’m sure Mary had no plans to keep him out there that long.

We also had no other options for bench players. Maybe Kerr - but guessing he isn’t ready to step up. I believe Allgood is still injured or has only just come back from injury so not worth putting him on the bench.