What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 17 vs. Parramatta Eels Discussion

Big Pete

Referee
Dolphins vs. Parramatta Eels
Sunshine Coast Stadium, Saturday 24 June 2023
Kick Off: 3:00pm

DOL2022TEAM.png

1. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow 2. Jamayne Isaako 3. Euan Aitken 4. Valynce Te Whare 5. Brayden Mcgrady 6. Kodi Nikorima 7. Isaiya Katoa 8. Jesse Bromwich 9. Jeremy Marshall-King 10. Herman Ese'ese 11. Felise Kaufusi 12. Kenny Bromwich 13. Ray Stone

14. Josh Kerr 15. Mark Nicholls 16. Connelly Lemuelu 17. Max Plath

18. Harrison Graham 19. Sean O'Sullivan 20. Poasa Faamausili 21. Robert Jennings 22. Kurt Donoghoe

PAR2022TEAM.png

1. Clinton Gutherson 2. Maika Sivo 3. Viliami Penisini 4. Bailey Simonsson 5. Sean Russell 6. Daejarn Asi 7. Mitchell Moses 8. Reagan Campbell-Gillard 9. Brendan Hands 10. Junior Paulo 11. Bryce Cartwright 12. Andrew Davey 13. J'maine Hopgood

14. Ofahiki Ogden 15. Joe Ofahengaue 16. Ryan Matterson 17. Makahesi Makatoa

18. Haze Dunster 19. Matt Doorey 20. Luca Moretti 21. Waqa Blake 22. Shaun Lane​

Big Pete

Referee
The Dolphins have an opportunity to reclaim a spot in the eight when they clash with Parramatta on Saturday afternoon. There's been several changes to the line-up as Bennett looks for a response after the club's worst defeat in its young existence.

Redcliffe junior Josh Kerr has made his way to the Dolphins early after being granted a release from the Dragons. Kerr came through the Storm system before finding his way to the Dragons and despite looking promising at various stages hasn't quite made his mark in first grade. Bennett saw enough in him to select him in his 2020 Origin squad that pulled off one of the biggest upsets in Origin history and I'm sure he'll be hoping that Kerr delivers sooner rather than later.

The match is also set to feature the debut of Brayden McGrady. If he does make the field, it'll be the 7th NRL debut at the Dolphins this season as Bennett isn't afraid to hand out opportunities. In Brayden's case he's a 26 year old Queensland Cup/NSW Cup veteran who came through the Titans and Panthers system. He's had some terrible luck with injuries but has always maintained a healthy strike rate including the match winner against the Dolphins in last year's Grand Final. It's a good reward for the Goondiwindi junior and I'd expect to see him on the scorer's sheet this weekend.

Big Pete

Referee
Jeremy Marshall-King has been ruled out by the Dolphins.

However in some welcome news Sean O'Sullivan will return this week after recovering from the pec injury he suffered in the Battle of Brisbane.

Bennett is also set to hand another player their NRL debut with former junior Origin rep Harrison Graham expected to be named ahead of Max Plath.

I'm a big fan of Graham and before he suffered his medial ligament I thought he'd be in the augural 17. I definitely rate him as a player of the future on the northern peninsula.

Puff

First Grade
Parra are the inform team. I couldn't see it going any other way then it did.

Forget the run, can do better.