What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 23 vs. Newcastle Knights Discussion

Big Pete

Referee
Dolphins vs. Newcastle Knights
Optus Stadium, Saturday 5 August 2023
Kick Off: 5:30pm

DOL2022TEAM.png

1. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow 2. Jamayne Isaako 3. Kodi Nikorima 4. Valynce Te Whare 5. Tesi Niu 6. Anthony Milford 7. Sean O'Sullivan 8. Jesse Bromwich 9. Jeremy Marshall-King 10. Mark Nicholls 11. Felise Kaufusi 12. Connelly Lemuelu 13. Kenny Bromwich

14. Herman Ese'ese 15. Josh Kerr 16. Isaiya Katoa 17. Jarrod Wallace

18. Max Plath 19. Trai Fuller 20. Poasa Faamausili 21. Ray Stone 22. Jack Bostock

NEW2022TEAM.png

1. Kalyn Ponga 2. Dominic Young 3. Dane Gagai 4. Bradman Best 5. Greg Marzhew 6. Tyson Gamble 7. Jackson Hastings 8. Jacob Saifiti 9. Phoenix Crossland 10. Leo Thompson 11. Tyson Frizell 12. Lachlan Fitzgibbon 13. Adam Elliott

14. Kurt Mann 15. Brodie Jones 16. Jack Hetherington 17. Mathew Croker

18. Dylan Lucas 19. Enari Tuala 20. Simi Sasagi 21. Dane Aukafolau 22. Jack Johns​

Big Pete

Referee
We're off to Perth for the Round 23 clash against the Newcastle Knights.

Euan Aitken will miss the game after suffering a knee injury against the Bulldogs. Bennett has stuck with Kodi Nikorima in the centres for now but don't be shocked if there's a late change. Redcliffe fullback Trai Fuller has been named as a reserve, and could move the Hammer to the centres. Another option is Jack Bostock who can play centre or wing.

Connelly Lemuelu has been named despite being diagnosed with a category one concussion. Ordinarily this would mean he'd have to sit out a mandatory 11 days, but the Dolphins are appealing this as they've had tests that show it was a category two. That's a developing story and we'll find out more later in the week.

Ray Stone has been named as a reserve as well. He currently has a hand injury that was supposed to keep him out until Round 25, but he's clearly pushing for an early return.

Although they're long odds, we're in that situation where they're still a mathematical chance as long as they win every game and results go their way. It'd be long odds, but you'd hope they'll play with the same spirit they showed at the start of the season and don't give up the ghost too soon.

PhinsUp889

Juniors
Will be a tough game, Knights have hit some form and will want to get one back on us from round 3.

Finals are obviously likely out of the picture now, so I’m just hoping the last 4 weeks of the season aren’t complete blow outs and we can go into next year with some confidence, in the knowledge we’ve got some reinforcements on the way, including finally having some speed in the team.

Puff

First Grade
Win 4 in a row, and we will be in the mix.

Can we do it I am not sure, but I f**king hope we do and I will be cheering the boys on.

Latest posts