What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 18 v Broncos

kinghippo

Juniors
We had a lot of players who played great tonight.
Martin was my man of the match, into absolutely everything.
Every forward dominated their opposite number, even Huth put a good performance in.
I can’t get my head around the late changes to the team and Schneider’s kicking was terrible. I will give him credit for his defence though.
Our whole team defended with aggressive and we scrambled really well.

Last edited:
The player drain over the last few years has meant our back up players are just not as good as we've had in recent seasons for well documented salary cap reasons.

But tonight, mistakes aside, our defence was back to its brutal best.

It was obvious the Broncos were gassed with 15 minutes to go and we just had to hold our nerve.

Job well done and we could have quite possibly ruined the Broncos year. Even better in front of 40000 at Suncorp.

Alintheeast

Juniors
They miss Reynolds badly probably more than we miss Cleary. Did anybody listen to 9’s call I lasted about 3 minutes and then switched it back to 9 with 2 minutes to go. The Queensland crew (Vautan, Smith, Lockyer) having a pity party best tele I watched all week.

Exsilium

First Grade
Schneider was good in defence but his attack is a little off. That being said, we’re not attacking with any real fluency and I’m not going lay it at his feet. We’re getting the wins and we should be good for the finals.

Tago has been off for a while but I’d be reluctant to change the side too much as we’re returning to the side that ground away wins with pressure and fitness.

Iamback

Coach
Tonight was a terrific performance in really challenging conditions. Both sides had a real crack and our defence stood up. Not sure how any of our players deserve criticism tonight, everyone did there job, great win going into the bye.

We had 60% possession.

Scored from a Fish cut out pass
Lindsay Smith grubber
And a Kenny dummy

So our set attack was poor, So the criticism is warranted.

Over the last 5 weeks we have gone 3-2

With a score of 100-84

So since the Sharks game we have fallen away, I don't think anything wrong with pointing that out

Had an impact bench too... now we have only plod
WTF are you talking about?

Cole: very good game, scored a try with his first touch. Solid in defence.
Smith: very good game, laid on a crucial try assist and threatened the line. Made 30 tackles.
Henry: good game, looked threatening. Made 28 tackles.
Eisenhuth: was fine in limited minutes.

Also not forgetting you ragging on Kenny for seemingly no reason, then he scores the game winning try.

age.s

First Grade
Just enjoy it mate.

Put a positive spin on the two points.

I really don’t understand how so many want to push perceived negatives after such a fine win.

We won!!!!!
The vast majority of the posts here have been complementary of a great win against a tough opponent and some outstanding defence.

Looking too hard for negativity in posters is no better than doing it for players.

GongPanther

Referee
Alamoti - always a critical error in him at a critical time. Luckily Marto saved us in that instance.

Also Schneider - cannot even find a pass to an unmarked winger. As a halfback - passing is supposed to be your primary skill.
Hope it's just a phase, but I can't see them being part of our club from next season. Alamotti is rocks and diamonds, and will consolidate this if he does go to another club. Probably the reason why the Dogs let him go.

Kilkenny

Coach
The vast majority of the posts here have been complementary of a great win against a tough opponent and some outstanding defence.

Looking too hard for negativity in posters is no better than doing it for players.
You think. The vast majority positive. See what you want to see I guess.