What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 18 v Roosters - Game Day Thread

Eelogical

Referee
I am going to exude positivity and enlightenment towards tonights game. Ommmm...................Ommmmm.

Gronk

Staff member
Remember this game when it rained cats and dogs ?

Updated 2 Jun 2006, 10:14pm

A late try to Matt Cooper gave St George Illawarra an 8-1 victory over Parramatta in their round 13 NRL match at Kogarah Oval on Friday night.

Cooper's effort, converted by Aaron Gorrell, came in the dying stages and it capped off one of the lowest-scoring NRL matches in recent memory.

Wet and cold conditions had not allowed for a free-flowing match and this was made apparent when the two sides went into half-time at 0-0.

Parramatta five-eighth John Morris finally broke the deadlock when he slotted a field goal in the 70th minute, but his score was matched by Dragons half-back Ben Hornby when he kicked a one-pointer six minutes later.

Hornby missed with a field goal attempt from 45 metres out soon after, however he made amends in the 79th minute to put the Dragons 2-1 ahead.

The Eels then turned over possession after winning a scrum in the own half with only seconds to play, allowing Cooper the opportunity to score the only try of the match.

The scoreline reflected the even nature of the contest with the two sides each enjoying 50 per cent of the possession.

The Dragons may have kept the Eels tryless, but their cause had not been helped by the fact they made 27 mistackles.

However, the home side found the decisive points when it mattered most giving them their seventh win of the season.

The Eels, under caretaker coach Jason Taylor, have now suffered their ninth defeat.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2006-06-02/cooper-try-gives-dragons-low-scoring-win/1769670

Forty20

First Grade
bugger .... who comes in? ... or did we name 18?

1. Michael Gordon

2. Semi Radradra

3. Clint Gutherson

11. Manu Ma'u

5. Bevan French

6. Corey Norman

7. Jeff Robson

15. Peni Terepo

9. Isaac De Gois

10. Tim Mannah

14. Kenny Edwards

12. Tepai Moeroa

13. Beau Scott (c)

Interchange:

8. Danny Wicks

16. David Gower

17. Daniel Alvaro

18. Rory O’Brien

Got a very bad feeling about tonight, was confident all week but have a feeling we will get smashed tonight.

Bandwagon

Staff member
All the shit going on, big test of character, I think this year we can pass.

strider

Post Whore
last week I tipped the sharks - then changed it last minute to eels (cost me a perfect round) ... learnt to always trust first instinct

this week I tipped the eels - feel like switching to the roosters .... come on first instincts!!! go you eels!!

strider

Post Whore
Kenny Edwards first try scorer ... get on it - nothing surer

or gutherson .... I couldn't decide - lol