What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 18 vs Sea Eagles

TruSaint

Referee
Benny played so well night , even though he scored 2 tries against the Blues , I took some solace from the fact that he was a Dragon .

Totally different player when playing behind a pack that are eating the meters .

Very pleased for the man , we need him now more than ever and I do hope that the rest of the boys give him a bit more effort in their games so as he can play to his true potential .

Just a shame it was a dead rubber. His stocks would have risen significantly had that been a decider.

Best game I have seen him play in a long while. Happy for him.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I think that is what will happen but I think Hunt will play most next year at half with the best performer of either Sullivan or Amone to partner him . Hunt to hooker when McCullogh is moved on or injured

Agree with most of this.

After this year, I think Hunt has 3yrs left, Macca 2.

IMO, Hunt will stay at 7 next year with either Amone or Sullivan as the 6.

The following year, Sullian and Amone will be our halves, Hunt starting hooker wuth Macca in the bench (Maccas final year).

After that soneone like Muhleisen, would come into the bench hooking role, wuth the view of taking over when Hunts contract expires.

Seems a reasonable plan to me.

kit66

Bench
I know manly are a much weaker side without tturbo but they aren’t easy-beats, they have the best young forward pack in the comp. Their form compared to earlier in the season is completely different.
Their forward pack has been very strong for them but it's virtually the same pack we beat in round 3 with the bonus for us that J. Trbojevic is missing and also their bench is weaker than rnd 3. Add to that T.Turbo not playing and we have an opportunity for an upset I think. I'd be a lot more confident if Dufty was playing but still looking forward to watching Sloan get another run.

Go Saints - probably crazy but I think we could win well tomorrow night, even put on a show given the boys owe us one big time.

Maddragon99

Juniors
Agree with most of this.

After this year, I think Hunt has 3yrs left, Macca 2.

IMO, Hunt will stay at 7 next year with either Amone or Sullivan as the 6.

The following year, Sullian and Amone will be our halves, Hunt starting hooker wuth Macca in the bench (Maccas final year).

After that soneone like Muhleisen, would come into the bench hooking role, wuth the view of taking over when Hunts contract expires.

Seems a reasonable plan to me.
I think Hunt has 2yrs to go after this year

Gareth67

First Grade
I hate when we get to confident

Those are the games we lose

Turbo or no Turbo they are playing better than they were earlier in the year

They will see this as a game they can win without Turbo

Hope we don't put in the effort we put in against the Tigers or Dogs

Your right St.Tangles , but it’s nice to see that the boys have our support .

Now it’s up to the players to repay that faith by playing far better footy than they have in the past , for each other , the coach , club and the supporters by posting a win over the Sea Eagles .

Agree
I think Ben will want to play
Also depends how he pulls up
will be tough I reckon, maybe put him on bench in case felt like we need him although that would limit bench rotations
I think Sims should be rested and use up his suspension
didnt play well game after origin before
Sims doesn't need to serve a suspension, he wasn't there! Mind you he could probably do with a rest.

thebigredv

First Grade
Given the events of the last two weeks it is very important our team aims right up and shuts up the media tonight. We need 110% effort from all players and hopefully that equates to a victory. Our finals chances also depend on it. With the game away from Brookvale, and the best player in the comp missing for Manly, I don't think we can make any excuses.

Dragons by 8.

Mjab

Juniors
View attachment 50720

If I was Griffin I would be taking this into the dressing shed and pin a copy of this on each of the players lockers . ‘ this is a massage from the media scum who have blackballed you all and the Dragons- now go out there and prove them wrong ! ‘
Maybe peanut can let him know where that pathetic inspirational mat he had in the dressing room last year is and he can glue it to that

Latest posts