What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 18 vs Sea Eagles

JubileeJeffro

Juniors
Observations;
Sloan is quality should stay at 1, Dufty as super sub
Burns is not a centre cover, need Lomax or a Feagai
Norman is useless, must play Amone or Sullivan
Ramsey was very ordinary and I am starting to wonder where he fits moving forward.
Should sign the warrior prop if an option, we looked small by comparison to Manly
I think Cade Cust is worth a triangle cover spot next year for us
Why did we release Garrick?
Need another 🥃

BLM01

First Grade
How long do we persist with Ramsey. He is not a winger and has offered close to nothing. Beale and rava surely are our wingers at full strength.

For example: he ran for 21 meters tonight for a winger. Wingers are normally in your top 5 meter gainers.

He has been like this for a while. Feel sorry for him, but for me he cant stay in the side.
Beale was jogging on the chase when Foran scored the try straight after half time snd showed no urgency
Ramsay came from the other side of the field to try to save it
Ramsay over Beale for me

thebigredv

First Grade
Apart from the insistent selection of Norman, this loss is squarely on the players. Hook gets a free pass.

The retreating defence, the dropped ball, the dumb penalties. In the end we find ourselves pushing it and panicking where if we had done the discipline stuff we play out a patient victory in my honest opinion.

Dragons4me

Juniors
Tonight was a good example of why I'm never ever confident of a Dragons win. Just never. I wouldn't take too much out of that win Manly. I can't remember the last time where we completely dominated a game in every facet and were totally confident of a big score on the opposition.

carltonsouth79

First Grade
How long do we persist with Ramsey. He is not a winger and has offered close to nothing. Beale and rava surely are our wingers at full strength.

For example: he ran for 21 meters tonight for a winger. Wingers are normally in your top 5 meter gainers.

He has been like this for a while. Feel sorry for him, but for me he cant stay in the side.
I’m not sure about Ramsey. I like the kid but because he is slight he isn’t great at running the ball back in our third and unfortunately we never seem to get him any ball in space to use his pace and step. Not sure what the future holds for him if Sloan is the preferred full back. Likely another off season and he will bulk up a bit.
Hopefully he can keep that speed

VodkaSaint

Juniors
That was a very hard game to watch knowing we could have won that, we had too many mistakes and missed tackles in us, all our play so rushed.
The best thing to come out in the game is where Sloane fits in, in just two games he has won the fullback spot for next year and really should stay from here onwards, Ramsey well, he is no meter eater and we miss Rava Badly.
Norman well i dont know why Hook persists
Bird, FFS HOLD THE PILL MATE, every week, he is a dam good player but has that poor mistake rate in him.
for the rest of the season We need Lomax and Rava back badly
For next year Damm we are looking a bit more stable, Hopefully Sullivan is injury free and ready to go

Revesby boy

Juniors

I understand what you’re saying “but” I believe he’ll only get better the play didn’t come his way all night and when the opposition makes a break on the other side of the park his always trying to cover defend , a new off season and 10more kilos will improve him and … where were his soft cock forwards when he took the hard run out of our own try line , f**ken cowards .

JubileeJeffro

Juniors
I thought Norman would gave a dig but was poor.
Sloan is young and good in attsck but is his defence any good.
However the season ends .
While the BBQ would play a part.
The losses v sharks tigers dogs and no is where we fell short.
I thought sloans defence and cover was great actually. He is a definite star of the future. Lock him in for 3 years

blacksafake

First Grade
Disappointing but a lot did go against us & manly had one of those games where whatever they touched turned to gold.
Can anyone tell me when Foran, Suli or Walker played 80 minutes like they did?

Even their big fellas were catching balls that would make the Aussie cricketers happy.
They were also imo given much more leeway in the ruck, the amount of times our fellas were “worked” on in the tackles was unbelievable.
Lawrie came up with a terrific dominant tackle which stop the attacker in his tracks & put him on his back & then gets done for an infringement 🤔
We didn’t help ourselves & we are a team that needs to break even on the little things. More

carltonsouth79

First Grade
Wondering who will take their suspension next game? We will have Duftman, Ellis and Tyrell back after their one week. Poasa likely gone for a few for the crusher and Williame injured… What is the deal with Alvaro and Lomax?

Apart from the insistent selection of Norman, this loss is squarely on the players. Hook gets a free pass.

The retreating defence, the dropped ball, the dumb penalties. In the end we find ourselves pushing it and panicking where if we had done the discipline stuff we play out a patient victory in my honest opinion.
I don't think Hook gets a free pass at all.
He has a dumb squad but the lack of invention in our play - plus the fact that he has decided to p*ss off our only attacking weapon - tells me that he is a C list coach who looks good only in comparison with the D list coaches he replaced.
Remember how he was sold to us as an old-style disciplinarian? And yet we have an indisciplined rabble of a team better known for their off-field antics than anything they do on-field.
It's a shit-show.

Latest posts