What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 19 :: Official Team Vs Panthers

hutch

First Grade
It's alright, we'll have a crowd of 7,000 cheering us on. We'll beat Penrith by 40, the press will wank themselves into a lather about the free flowing attacking tigers and all will be rosy again in Tigertown.

It's like 2006-2009 (inclusive) all over again. All we need is a visit to a school, hospital or homeless shelter and we'll be like the good old days.

Even the doc is up to his old tricks and turning a broken foot into a 20 week out job. f**k me dead

when have we had a crowd of 7000? good to see our true fans sticking solid! if we beat penrith by 40 i will be over the moon!

hybrid_tiger

Coach
So Blair gets suspended for hardly nothing yet Ennis cannonballs into the back of Woods' legs and gets nothing. Piss off.

Blair is a grub but there was nothing in that. Ridiculous.

At least Joel Reddy comes in. :sarcasm:

T.T

Juniors
what the hell did blair do wrong.. that really is the softest 1 week ban i've ever seen

Maybe the judiciary, know their stuff!!

Maybe they know Blair is not helping the Tigers, maybe they now that the Tigers need to get back to winning AND they thought they'd do the right thing for Tiger fans. :roll:

Pistol_Pete

Juniors
I'm with you macnaz. This season has been shit, I am losing interest rapidly. Words with friends is more exciting than watching the dogshit attack we have served up all year. Maybe the `sponsors' that got Lui sacked can play halfback for us.

I don't really give a shit what players do in their spare time all i know is we lost a top quality halfback and have played musical f**king chairs with it all year, including the supercoach `Benji to 7' experiment revisit.

The prick won't get sacked and it's even less likely he'll walk. As for son of Kev, he'll shit his pants again when he Greg Pritchard writes an article that Soufs, Newcastle, Saints, Canberra, Penrith, the Harlem Globetrotters, the NY Yankees, AC Milan, Man U and the Green Bay Packers are all after supercoach and that if the tigers don't act they could lose him.

Matchball

Bench
I'd take the spoon this year if it meant we got rid of stale supercoach.
Watching the same shit since 2005 is frustrating and the only answer is for him to go.
This will also pull benji into line and let the coaches do the coaching and selecting, not what our underperforming superstar wants.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
when have we had a crowd of 7000? good to see our true fans sticking solid! if we beat penrith by 40 i will be over the moon!
Round 18, 2004 at Brookvale saw a crowd of 7004

Round 25, 2003 at Campbelltown in the rain had a crowd of 6158 watching Dene Halatau turn in the shittiest performance by anyone in first grade and essentially ending our chance of a maiden finals berth.

Pistol_Pete

Juniors
That was 2004 and round 23 i think from memory (the great Dene Halatau hands like feet day in the drizzle at Campbelltown).

And whoever it was above that gets excited by toweling a dogshit penrith side, good on you. Mugs like you kept a prick like sheens employed for 7 years

super_coach

First Grade
Iam with Pistol and McNaz this season has been rubbish from round one, millions of lows and very few highs. The team was talked up big time, must have all started from the bookies because for the life of me I dont know what it was based on. How can a team compete without a no7, massive defensive problems, no speed, a aging roster and a coach who seems to have lost his players.

In the past we have lost with some flair, now we are plain boring. If the board dont react to this years performances by at least giving Sheens the flick they need to sack themself.

Tiger05

First Grade
One good point being made is that at the moment we are a pretty shithouse team to watch. Its not like we are winning ugly either. We just don't have any attack.

We need some speed out wide and some backrowers with impact. I think Fulton fits into the right hand side pretty well and Ellis the left. As for Blair - that guy just needs to turn his game around. I'd rotate him and Heighno at lock to see if they can put together one solid game between them.

Matchball

Bench
Needs more John Grant...

Yes.
It's time to blood some of these young guys because we are stale.
I remember the days when guys would get the call to first grade when someone playing their position in first grade got injured.
Not anymore. Sheens just shuffles the same roster and we end up with everyone out of position.

I understand why some are losing interest, its predictable cross the park football ending with a midfield bomb.

Tiger05

First Grade
I don't get why Grant wasn't picked in first grade. Swap him for Lote, leave Ryan in the centres and with Moltzen back we look like we might have some pace in our backs.

Guvner

First Grade
The guy has natural pace. He was born to score tries. It is just embedded in his DNA. I know he doesnt have a full season of league under his belt, but he fits your style of play perfectly. He will get space and when he gets space he is very dangerous. Not to mention his height to support the kicking game.

The guy has natural pace. He was born to score tries. It is just embedded in his DNA. I know he doesnt have a full season of league under his belt, but he fits your style of play perfectly. He will get space and when he gets space he is very dangerous. Not to mention his height to support the kicking game.

He has pace and can find the tryline, how exactly does that suit our style of play?

hutch

First Grade
He is not better than Ryan or utai at this point in time, being quick doesn't get you a start in first grade.

Tiger05

First Grade
He is not better than Ryan or utai at this point in time, being quick doesn't get you a start in first grade.

We lack pace so we should be trying to fix the problem.

I'm not saying he is better than Ryan or Utai. I think both players have been great for us this season however Ayshford could easily go to the bench and Ryan to the centres.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
If we drop a centre, they will be replaced with Reddy.

Thats a fact.

Ayshford played well last week, better than Reddy ever has all year.

Guvner

First Grade
We lack pace so we should be trying to fix the problem.

I'm not saying he is better than Ryan or Utai. I think both players have been great for us this season however Ayshford could easily go to the bench and Ryan to the centres.

Grant is a better winger than Utai. And Ryan is a better player than to be on the wing. Agree.