What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 19 v Raiders @ Penrith Stadium

choc_soldier

Coach
This is a make or break match for both teams. The Panthers want to erase the humiliation of last week with redemption, and the Raiders want to consolidate their position in the 8, in the run to the finals.

PANTHERS - The less said, the better. 2001 - that's all I'll say. The only way is up, basically. The salvage mission can start this weekend.

RAIDERS - Shot out to a big lead against the Cowboys, and then managed to hang on. One of those teams that is more than nuisance value, but lacks the strikepower to be a genuine force. But having said that, they have every right to feel confident this weekend.

We welcome back Gower and Girdler back this week. That can only be a positive. But that doesn't means we're specials to win. Only a solid 80 minutes of footy will keep the wolves from knocking on the door.

This is the match that is needed to turn around a season that is starting to split at the seams.

I'm not going to tip a margin, but a Panthers win will do me. Doesn't matter how ugly it could be.

choc_soldier

Coach
US

1. Rhys Wesser
2. Amos Roberts
3. Ryan Girdler
4. Luke Lewis
5. Luke Rooney
6. Preston Campbell
7. Craig Gower (c)
8. Joel Clinton
9. Luke Priddis
10. Martin Lang
11. Joe Galuvao
12. Tony Puletua
13. Trent Waterhouse

Interchange:
14. Ben Ross
15. Shane Rodney
16. Danny Galea
17. Paul Whatuira

them

1 Clinton Schifcofske
2 Nathan Smith
3 Adam Mogg
4 Joel Monaghan
5 Michael Robertson
6 Matthew Gafa
7 Mark McLinden
8 Ryan O’Hara
9 Simon Woolford (c)
10 Luke Davico
11 Ruben Wiki
12 Ian Hindmarsh
13 Jason Croker

Interchange:
14 Troy Thompson
15 Alan Rothery
16 Michael Hodgson
17 Terry Martin
18 Jason Bulgarelli
29 Todd Carney

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
Both very strong line-ups i'm just hoping we get a win up, we definately need it and it will get a few monkeys off our backs and also of the players and everyone associated with Penrith.

I wonder why Todd Carney is number 29? Thought it would be 19.

Panthers_Gurl

First Grade
parra_panther said:
US

1. Rhys Wesser
2. Amos Roberts
3. Ryan Girdler
4. Luke Lewis
5. Luke Rooney
6. Preston Campbell
7. Craig Gower (c)
8. Joel Clinton
9. Luke Priddis
10. Martin Lang
11. Joe Galuvao
12. Tony Puletua
13. Trent Waterhouse

Interchange:
14. Ben Ross
15. Shane Rodney
16. Danny Galea
17. Paul Whatuira

them

1 Clinton Schifcofske
2 Nathan Smith
3 Adam Mogg
4 Joel Monaghan
5 Michael Robertson
6 Matthew Gafa
7 Mark McLinden
8 Ryan O’Hara
9 Simon Woolford (c)
10 Luke Davico
11 Ruben Wiki
12 Ian Hindmarsh
13 Jason Croker

Interchange:
14 Troy Thompson
15 Alan Rothery
16 Michael Hodgson
17 Terry Martin
18 Jason Bulgarelli
29 Todd Carney

7. Craig Gower (c)
i so hope he will be up too it

SP

Bench
im sorry but

canberra by 10

unless i will be proven wrong, but its good to see nearly everyone in thier proper positions

Fibroman

First Grade
I hope Gowie isn't rushing his comeback. We need him fit for the rest of the season if we are to be any chance at the business end of the season.

*Sandy*

First Grade
Is anyone as excited as me to see our Girdsy back! :D I bet my Artie is! :mrgreen: :clap:

Ahh look it's good to see the old line up - except the bench and I'm gonna predict a tight game with the panthers delivering it up to another healthy home crowd at Penrith! ;-)

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
Big Mick said:
If Rossy get's done, we'll have a very small bench, and no props!

Well we would bring up either Frank Puletua or Richard Fa'aoso. They are both capable of playing prop but here's hoping that Ross gets off the suspension charge tonight at the judiciary.

Funky_Willsy

Juniors
Yeah, I seriously hope Craig doesnt play this weekend, Canberra are a strong side *snigger* but I think that we can handle them without him. I think it would be a wiser move to rest him so he will be fit for tougher games that we couldnt win without him.

6. Girds
7. Campbell

11. JOE go JOE

Joe Rocks!

Caged Panther

First Grade
While I too have my concerns about gower playing do remember that once he had his operation we were told it would be three weeks before he would be back on the field and that does coincide with this round.

With that in mind there is actually no reason to suspect he is being rushed back.

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
Yeah and also Gower is a tough player and normally recovers very quick from injuries compared to other players.

Big Mick

Referee
u too azz.

I have great respect for canberra as a team, don't think it'll be as easy as some here think.

Funky_Willsy

Juniors
Yeah, go Rossy... What a champ!

btw... I hoping Timbo read it, hes here at the moment so I was trying to piss him off!

I'm tipping Penrith by 8.