What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 19 V Tigers@DairyFarmers

Shorty

Staff member
North Queensland Cowboys
1. Matthew Bowen
2. Ashley Graham
3. Brent Tate
4. Willie Tonga
5. Kalifa Faifai Loa
6. Ray Thompson
7. Michael Morgan
8. Matthew Scott (c)
9. Aaron Payne
10. James Tamou
11. Gavin Cooper
12. Glenn Hall
13. Dallas Johnson

14. James Segeyaro
15. Joel Riethmuller
16. Ashton Sims
17. Tariq Sims
18. Cory Paterson,
19. Will Tupou
20. Leeson Ah Mau (three to be omitted)
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/off-the-wire-round-19-nrl-teams/story-e6frep5x-1226093037802

Wests Tigers
TBA.

Thoughts???
I'd be confident considering the stars we have coming back but the Tigers have been deplorable and will be needing a win so I don't know..

Last edited:

Talanexor

Juniors
On their day, the Tigers can beat anybody.

Having said that, with the inclusion of Tate and Sims we now have attacking options all over the park. I can't wait to see Thompson prove that he's better than Lui.

StinkyPete

Juniors
On their day, the Tigers can beat anybody.

Having said that, with the inclusion of Tate and Sims we now have attacking options all over the park. I can't wait to see Thompson prove that he's better than Lui.

Big call. Ray is definitely much more solid in defense but Robert Lui is a speedster and fairly lethal in attack. Ray hasn't displayed much attacking prowess this year

Didgi

Phew, I was starting to think I was the only Lui fan on the planet. Both have potential and while Lui has had some poor games this year I think he's slightly ahead.

Obviously I'm also a big Thompson fan though.

Shorty

Staff member
Lui is good at attacking but have you seen his decision making and defence?
Let's not over-rate another Tigers half!

elyod138

Bench
In attack, Lui is a lot better than Ray at the moment.

He's found his feet and isn't afraid to chance his arm, Ray is still timid.

I think they are good mates, so it should be a nice battle.

Talanexor

Juniors
I agree Lui is ahead of Ray in attack at the moment, but then again he's had an extra season in first grade.

I think Ray deserves his place in the team on his defence alone, but he's shown glimpses of what he can do. I definitely agree he
s a bit timid, and is probably playing safe, mistake-free football to keep his place in first grade.

It would take a LOT of balls to overcall the world's best playmaker on 5th tackle. Especially for a 21 year old.

StinkyPete

Juniors
I agree Lui is ahead of Ray in attack at the moment, but then again he's had an extra season in first grade.

I think Ray deserves his place in the team on his defence alone, but he's shown glimpses of what he can do. I definitely agree he
s a bit timid, and is probably playing safe, mistake-free football to keep his place in first grade.

It would take a LOT of balls to overcall the world's best playmaker on 5th tackle. Especially for a 21 year old.

Lui was doing it do Benji last year

Charlie124

First Grade
I must be the only one who really rates Thompson highly. I think he's been great for us this season, he does his job and compliments Thurston perfectly which is something we havent had from a 5/8 for a long time, if ever.

Didgi

Nope I think everyone rates him, just his individual attacking game can still improve, for now as said he's complementing JT well.

Overshadowing when the measure of how you're travelling within the team is the Australian halfback.

Lui was doing it do Benji last year

Tal said 'world's best playmaker', not 'Kiwi with a fancy step' ;-)

Talanexor

Juniors
Last year I saw Thompson throw a nice little flick pass for LOD to score.

This year I've seen him put in deft little chip kicks and grubbers, many of which have resulted in tries or line dropouts.

I've also seen taking the ball to the line, dragging defenders out of position, opening up holes everywhere and creating space for Thurston and Bowen.

He's definitely got all the skills, he just doesn't seem to show them consistently each week. But who cares, that will come in time. His defence is awesome and that alone earns him his spot in the team.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Unlucky guys.

For 65 mins I actually though the Cowboys were the better attackign team and their defensive was equal or better than Tigers for the whole game.

Matt Bowen had probably his best game in a number of years, I reckon he should have been a shoe in for MOTM, and I'm a tigers supporter.

Cowboys
3 - Bowen
2 - Lui
1 - Johnson

Didgi

I was watching the game while running around after two little cousins and yelling at f**kwit delivery drivers, but from what I saw I thought Lui was ok?

Anyway, was disappointed we let it get away.

Big Pete

Referee
Frustrating loss, some silly mistakes and some poor efforts particularly by the younger members of the side let the Cowboys down and the Tigers are just too dangerous to give them opportunities.

Bowen was magical and was a joy to watch and I thought Segeyaro built on last week's effort with another strong stint.

With Scott likely to return next week and an easier turn around the boys should be able to regroup against the Titans.