What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 19 v Titans

thebigredv

First Grade
A new coaching administration doesn't really get to make their stamp until Year 2 or so.
If I am honest mate, all the philosophical ones here saying it doesn't happen immediately, I do get that but I can also foresee us being a couple gun players short of a competitive team right now. If the current administration is not landing those signatures, I will start to panic. Year 2 is not looking that much better. Rava and Lomax would have helped but our issues go deeper than a few players missing. Where has the response been the last two weeks after half time for starters?

Gourley's Socks

Juniors
In the 12th minute, the Titans received the ball from the kick off and, without a single long-range line-break, went 81 metres in five tackles before scoring.

This isn't rule changes or fatigue or crackdowns or injuries or BBQs or suspensions - it's just garbage.

If this is the product of our defensively-minded, old school disciplinarian coach then may as well write off 2022 as well.

Dragon David

First Grade
Bunnies will get 100 next week
Good! That will put the icing on the cake and we play them again for another score of 100 on us.

What a disaster of a team we now have even with all of the players coming back the desire and commitment would have been lost and never to be found again.

I honestly think that the team we have next year will be up and down like this year. No cohesion, lack of interest, handling mistakes, not able to withstand or apply any pressure.

We are so bad that Hook must be thinking "what have I done?". "Why did I apply for this thankless job".

The BOD need to look at this situation and do something bloody about it. Pay overs, get the best. Our juniors are way off. Our seniors are way off.

Goodbye 2021.

I'm Hornby

Juniors
Its clear our players lost hope after BBQ gate where as us supporters mostly had hopes of a finals birth until today, I think even our most optimistic members can see the playing group were their own worst enemies again today, this week and last week they had everything to play for and dished up rubbish.

Feagai was our best on ground and I reckon when Rava is back he gets Ramsey's wing spot and Ramsey goes to 14.

Sullivan clearly hasn't had enough time on the field this year and didn't show much when organising attack in the minimal good ball we had. I think Mbye if signed should play five eighth until either Sullivan or Amone show enough to play their each week.

Dufty shows he is a complete muppet once again and how about he blaming JP for cutting back on the inside when he crowded him for room? So much for saying he owes us a few good performances before he goes, he can piss off now.

Happy for Sullivan or Amone to take Normans place for the rest of the year if we don't get Mbye this week.

Onwards and upwards to season 2022 I guess.

I'm Hornby

Juniors
Some poor selections didn't help today.

Hook, Elliot and Gentle need to be better and quick smart...
What positions were Hook, Elliot and Gentle playing today?

Given the circumstances which selections do you think could've been different/better?

jeffdragon

Bench
Geez lucky it wasn't played at kogarah.
Jarrod Wallace scores two.
That says it alot.
You'd think after all the players would come out to prove them wrong.after what we've been through.
But in true dragons fashion we prove them 100% correct.
Is there any other team in the world that is harder to follow.
I think saints are number 1.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Big thanks to the Barbie Boyz for screwing our season.

How do we extract any positives from that game. Only Max F and JDB seemingly having a decent crack, the others just going through the motions.

I've said previously, we don't have the cattle, but, I cannot fathom the thinking of leaving Ramsey at centre once Fifita went that side. No adjustment by the coaching staff there. This is my first crack at Hook & Co, imo that was poor insight.

I think we also saw why Dufty isn't required next season, and it's not for his playing ability.

Dragon David

First Grade
New member here.. what I have noticed is our energy levels look low and the team morale is all over the place I am starting to doubt hook has the right message for the team it's worrying signs when we lose so convincenly too the titans that was an absolutely terrible effort and every player should be ashamed of that performance not one player stood up.
What a bad time to be a supporter
Welcome to the the Forum DragonBorn95 and welcome to the mess we at the Dragons are.

No heart means no sense. I am now too ashamed to say that I am a Dragons supporter.

Dragons4me

Juniors
Getting spanked by 30 by the Gold Coast..I’d be calling a board meeting tomorrow as the coaching staff have to start answering questions..

Getting spanked by 30 by the Gold Coast..I’d be calling a board meeting tomorrow as the coaching staff have to start answering questions..

Won't happen. Hardly want to see the faceless few behind the scenes who are basically responsible for this mess. Got to hang onto their positions at all cost!!

rasaint

Juniors
Hi All, nothing against Gold Coast but they are an ordinary side also. We had a very limited side in today. Everyone on commentary saying how great Fifita is; he ran at Cody Ramsey twice and pushed past … big deal. Let’s see him run against Justin Olam. Our big metre eater Vaughan is gone, Rava suspended for tackling well, Williame injured, Lomax sitting around on reported $650k ( slowpoke anyway) and Alvaro sitting around ( at least makes ground)

Sullivan didn’t look anything out of the box. Probably gassed as hasn’t played much football. Went ok and gets involved.
Ben Hunt is a class player behind a bog terrible pack. We have been persevering with Lawrie and Kerr for so long. Time to offload.
Fegai looks pretty good
Cody Ramsey is looking worse as time goes on. I hate saying that as he tries his best. He looked the goods in his 1st NRL game last year but the sun is slowly setting on an NRL career.
We have recruited McGuire who looks like James Graham mark 2. Very pedestrian player.
Tariq Simms played well in a beaten side. Giving his all.
please recruit fast players Hook. Our recruitment is awful.

matPORTS

Juniors
Simple facts of the matter:

The attitude and application in this team is way off the mark. Yep, you'd think that wanting to consolidate a finals berth would be enough motivation...?

Will continue to reserve judgement on Hook and the coaching staff until some way into next season. But no contract is in place for 2023...

I'm not convinced that Molo and Su'a vs what is leaving is going to fix all the issues.

We need some x-factor in the outside backs to not just get us on the front foot coming out of our red zone, but also to create opportunities from nothing. We have no one performing either of these roles at the moment - I will commend the efforts of all the backs today as we were short in all fairness... but effort alone isn't going to propel you into Top 4 and eventual premiership contention.

It's time to realise that we won't be making the eight this year. Which is a real disappointment given the base we set early on in the year. We just simply have not improved, even a baby step or two.

Last edited:

Dragsters

First Grade
What positions were Hook, Elliot and Gentle playing today?

Given the circumstances which selections do you think could've been different/better?

Bird and Fui would have made for a stronger centre pairing but my comment re coaching was more aimed at coaching better attacking and defensive structures and primarily addressing the woeful ball handling skills we have displayed for at least the last month.

moes

Bench
Hi All, nothing against Gold Coast but they are an ordinary side also. We had a very limited side in today. Everyone on commentary saying how great Fifita is; he ran at Cody Ramsey twice and pushed past … big deal. Let’s see him run against Justin Olam. Our big metre eater Vaughan is gone, Rava suspended for tackling well, Williame injured, Lomax sitting around on reported $650k ( slowpoke anyway) and Alvaro sitting around ( at least makes ground)

Sullivan didn’t look anything out of the box. Probably gassed as hasn’t played much football. Went ok and gets involved.
Ben Hunt is a class player behind a bog terrible pack. We have been persevering with Lawrie and Kerr for so long. Time to offload.
Fegai looks pretty good
Cody Ramsey is looking worse as time goes on. I hate saying that as he tries his best. He looked the goods in his 1st NRL game last year but the sun is slowly setting on an NRL career.
We have recruited McGuire who looks like James Graham mark 2. Very pedestrian player.
Tariq Simms played well in a beaten side. Giving his all.
please recruit fast players Hook. Our recruitment is awful.
Agree with all this except the Sims part. He doesn’t try.

Dragon David

First Grade
In all seriousness, to all fellow diehards who are trapped in lockdown, do really take care of your mental health after that performance.

Sometimes, when life is hard, you just need your team to provide you something and ours did not today. 2 weeks in a row they pretty much repeat a insipid performance. Try not to let it get you down boys and girls. Try and find something else to focus on.

There will be positives eventually. All I can say is that your not alone in your sadness and frustration. I'm ashamed of this team but it can't last forever.
Yes, we must all remain positive even though feeling gutted.

I haven't even looked at the final score and going by the comments, it doesn't look good.

Wow

what a case of Murphy’s Law !

Another woeful performance by our forwards.

Positives:

Fegai played well

Sullivan didn’t miss any crucial one on one tackles. Those on the forum who criticise Sullivan for his performance should stop to consider, how much more effective the kid would have been if our forwards dominated the game.

Lomax is back next week.

Now that the season is gone we can play Sloan, Fegai, Sullivan. We should also promote any young forward that has shown promise.

Negatives:

The forwards need a Paul Vaughan like metre eater.

Ramsey and Bird too many mistakes.

Kerr is a meathead.

Anyone who had expectations that we would be great after BBQ gate was delusional. We were struggling to win a game with a full squad.

JDB is not a prop.