What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 19 vs Canberra

redv13

Bench
Gutsy effort considering there was no Su’a or Sloan then we lost our 1/7/9 in the 2nd half. Lomax had his best game in a very long time and Rava when he’s switched on is an absolute beast. Credit to Amone, his best game for a while too.

Clearly there is spirit in this team when you minus the whinging prick. f**k him off at the end of the season on Flanno’s terms and with a decent player swap, preferably 1 of the 3 big boppers from the GC.

BLM01

First Grade
I know we lost but the team just looked so much more free without hunt there. They were laughing and having a go and trying things, was great to watch. Credit where credit is due mbye played well likewise w Billy burns had a real go. Paul turner was unlucky to get taken out like that.
He was unlucky but did not excite me at fullback. I think he is reserve grade forever

BLM01

First Grade
Amone, Sullivan, Lomax, Rava, Liddell, Debelin, gave me some hope. When Hunt goes next year we will be OK. If Sullivan plays again this season then Hunt can share duties at 9.

BMM played 80 minutes which is too long for him. He should be an impact player.
Feagai is getting some metres but offering nothing exciting in attack and continues to be a turnstile in defence. Time for a change!
BMM for me the career is all over red rover

BLM01

First Grade
Better and how easily it could have been so much worse. We saw glimpses of a pair of halves that could give us real alternatives in attack. We've said it before. Bud and Amone know each others play
No-one knows what Hunt's going to do, other than crab sideways to a runner who gets lined up and hammered. There's promise there with Bud and Amone. The challenge will be being able to get them on the field together with some regularity. I'm OK with this loss as they had a go.
bud disappointed me tonight in defense. he is missing a lot of tackles lately. His first real season until injury of continual NRL. he will be better for the run next year

BLM01

First Grade
Much better in the second half.
Poor concentration and defensive lapses cost us.
If we hadn't conceded soft tries either side of half-time ultimately cost us.
Russell & Couchman are keepers.
Lomax to full-back for the remainder of the year, imo.
I think not going back to back tries like we should of soon after half time would of rocked Canberra completely as they score a lucky try after that. I believe we were coming hard and stopped our slim chances in its tracks

BLM01

First Grade
Dont worry about who knocked it where...the chasers had run right past the kicker before he kicked the ball...they had a metre and a half start to put pressure on the FB
100% bunker did not even look at ir nor commentators said anything. It was obvious on the first replay. FMD the bunker and its magnifying glass is a blight on the game

I'm Hornby

Juniors
Guys if you see the “next game wabbits” at top of the thread pages, don’t be alarmed, we actually have the bye next.
That’s just that Hornby guy bumping my comments from a month ago trying to win the internet again on a Friday night.
Sorry to embarrass you in front of all your internet friends that you've never met in real life, tiger. But after that game you had a dig which was directed at myself when I explained to you earlier in the season that you had jumped the gun claiming a change of coach would have an 'immediate affect'.

As usual you just get way too far ahead of yourself big fella. If you're going to have passive aggressive digs at people, no surprises when those same people call you out on your BS when you're clearly wrong and embarrassed.

dannyt

Coach
Guys if you see the “next game wabbits” at top of the thread pages, don’t be alarmed, we actually have the bye next.
That’s just that Hornby guy bumping my comments from a month ago trying to win the internet again on a Friday night.
Must be great living rent-free in his head.

Wolfgang90

Juniors
Great to see the fightback in the 2nd half. Massive change in halftime talks between Hook & Carr. Lomax & Amone's best game in a long time, especially Amone. Would love to see Lomax have a more roaming role, either be play fullback or 5/8th. He looked great roaming around the field. We need a new left edge, BMM is meant to control that edge defensively through decision making & line speed. Lacking in both areas, would love to see JDB just to show them how to make decisions & what line speed should be expected. Thought Dan Russell did well at ctr when he had to fill in for Zac. Maybe we just worry about being defensively strong on the edges moving forward rather than attacking potential. Mbye & Burns were also good.

Something like this team moving forward?

1. Sloan
2. Rava
3. Dan Russell/Moga
4. Suli
5. Moga/Finau
6. Lomax
7. Amone
8. F.Molo
9. Liddle
10. Z. Musgrove
11. Sua
12. Burns
13. JDB

14. Mbye
15. B. Lawrie
16. T. Couchman
17. D. Russell

Have the likes of R. Couchman, A. Tuitavake, H. Finau etc rotating through with all middles who aren't performing. Apart from JDB & Sua, no one should be guaranteed a weekly spot in the pack. They need to perform weekly. Ditto for the backline. Apart from Rava, no one should be a guaranteed a weekly spot.

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
Key takeaways from me:

- It's taken a while for a lot of you to notice that BMM doesn't bring anything to this side - in attack or defence. He is just putrid.
- Amone's best game in forever. Just one game of ressies did his confidence wonders. Very proud to see him do well, and that he proved myself and many of us wrong.
- Bud didn't look all that confident and seemed to plan in his head when he wanted to step or do something new, wasn't the mix of instinctive and organised player we see in ressies usually that carves up.
- Lomax with an awesome game. Flanno is going to make this guy into a gun. I remember how much he did for Zac's game in 2020. Looking forward to what's ahead. Was absolutely on song with Rava all game as well.
- We would have plenty more points had Sloan played. I noticed that with many of our linebreaks, not much support. Sloan is usually the one who supports and supports well.
- Turner is sadly just not FG material but I'm happy we gave him a run.
- Well done to Dan Russell on quite a decent debut.
- Toby is a real firstgrader, plays with maturity beyond his years.
- De Belin consistent as ever.
- Billy Burns was excellent today. Very capable player.

And above all...

- We proved that we don't need Ben friggin Hunt.

dannyt

Coach
What happened to your little homophobic comment about Doust the other day? Absolutely repulsive rhetoric in this day and age. I hope your little drive was nice tonight 😁
Three things.

1. What are you going on about?

2. The drive was fantastic, as usual. Thank you for asking.

3. Rent-free is great.

Crush

Coach
Sorry to embarrass you in front of all your internet friends that you've never met in real life, tiger. But after that game you had a dig which was directed at myself when I explained to you earlier in the season that you had jumped the gun claiming a change of coach would have an 'immediate affect'.

As usual you just get way too far ahead of yourself big fella. If you're going to have passive aggressive digs at people, no surprises when those same people call you out on your BS when you're clearly wrong and embarrassed.
You think you are embarrassing me?
Dude, you are embarrassing yourself.
Again though, why me?
What is it about my posts that make you feel the need to “call me out” and prove that I am wrong?
Plenty of other posters in here said they thought Carr was a breath of fresh air a month ago? Almost every other poster was calling for Hook to go like me?
Yet you only quote my comments. Maybe change tact mate, forget about digging though my old posts and bumping threads from months ago on a Friday night.
Dunno, maybe put me on ignore or something?
Life’s too short, get over it and move on bro.

SAP58

Juniors
Key takeaways from me:

- It's taken a while for a lot of you to notice that BMM doesn't bring anything to this side - in attack or defence. He is just putrid.
- Amone's best game in forever. Just one game of ressies did his confidence wonders. Very proud to see him do well, and that he proved myself and many of us wrong.
- Bud didn't look all that confident and seemed to plan in his head when he wanted to step or do something new, wasn't the mix of instinctive and organised player we see in ressies usually that carves up.
- Lomax with an awesome game. Flanno is going to make this guy into a gun. I remember how much he did for Zac's game in 2020. Looking forward to what's ahead. Was absolutely on song with Rava all game as well.
- We would have plenty more points had Sloan played. I noticed that with many of our linebreaks, not much support. Sloan is usually the one who supports and supports well.
- Turner is sadly just not FG material but I'm happy we gave him a run.
- Well done to Dan Russell on quite a decent debut.
- Toby is a real firstgrader, plays with maturity beyond his years.
- De Belin consistent as ever.
- Billy Burns was excellent today. Very capable player.

And above all...

- We proved that we don't need Ben friggin Hunt.
Very good post agree with your assessment. Can I add Suli is very suspect in defence & IMO his future is in the forwards or reserve grade, runs hard but is too slow & is found out in the centres every game I can now understand why Manly/Des wouldnt play him in FG. I am guessing BMM is in there for some size but be is a reserve grader, give Musgrove a rocket & pick him for a few weeks rather than putting him in one week & out the next. A shame Bud got injured & with his previous hamstring problems I am guessing he will potentially be out for the season. Great to see Amone finally own the 5/8 spot & importantly was a lot better in defence as well last night. We do have a couple of players in reggies that should be given a go in the last few weeks in FG. Take a chance Carr & like Russell you could be surprised.