What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 19 vs Canberra

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Light on for big bodies, I think Canberra will just roll over us. Would have liked to see Musgrove on the bench. I assume they are giving the likes of Russell a go to see if they are worth keeping next season. NTL I assume will be next.
I think this is the case. Now is the time to see who can make it or not. Looking at the team lists for KOE Cup in particular, there's plenty of 'new' talent on display there as well for their game this weekend.

We (Flanno) really need to know who we retain and who can start to look elsewhere.

Crush

Coach
I think this is the case. Now is the time to see who can make it or not. Looking at the team lists for KOE Cup in particular, there's plenty of 'new' talent on display there as well for their game this weekend.

We (Flanno) really need to know who we retain and who can start to look elsewhere.
For sure, it would have been tempting for Carr to slot Mbye in at fullback but that’s short sighted.
Good luck to Paul Turner, whoever the f#*k that is!

Phantom V

Juniors
I dunno, I'm a little more hopeful now. Sloane has been a weak point all season so it's time to try someone else, and Turner is at least a bigger body. Amone and Sullivan pick themselves in the halves, I hope they give it a red hot crack. Dan Russell played well for PNG, if he brings that sort of energy to the side it will be a good thing. The only mystery to me is why Feagai still gets a run. Hopefully he's told it's his last chance and he reacts accordingly.
I forgot about Dan Russell. I agree, thought he went well for PNG. Why in the hell have we waited this long to put him in.

BLM01

First Grade
I dunno, I'm a little more hopeful now. Sloane has been a weak point all season so it's time to try someone else, and Turner is at least a bigger body. Amone and Sullivan pick themselves in the halves, I hope they give it a red hot crack. Dan Russell played well for PNG, if he brings that sort of energy to the side it will be a good thing. The only mystery to me is why Feagai still gets a run. Hopefully he's told it's his last chance and he reacts accordingly.
Sloane injured as is Bird supposedly. Back after bye

jay mac

Juniors
I've done the stats:
During Mbye's time on the field this season - Dragons 86 - Opposition 149
During Mbye's time off the field this season - Dragons 122 - Opposition 106
I quoted this a number of weeks back in another thread. On the weekend VS Sharks, they scored 22 points to nil during Mbye's 23 minutes on the field. I really hope we run an extra forward off the bench VS Raiders

I like the inclusion of Russell.
Will add starch to our middle defense. Bewildered Feagai and Murdoch-Masila continue to make a starting spot while Zane Musgrove must have pissed off the Board. While we will miss the attacking brilliance of Tyrell Sloan am hoping our new halves combo of Sully and Junior click and create havoc. How is Turner seen as a Top 30 player.

dungay dragon

Juniors
So, those who are imploding on Carr, I would, as many others, to post your teamlist for this game:
Happy with the continued inclusion of Feagai are we ??????
Obv has talent but is way down on form and confidence at present
Surely a short stint in the Twos would go a long wat to regain both
Just suggesting either Lobb or Tamale , if they are eligible , are worthy of a shot , after good showings in NSW Cup
Doesnt say much for our depth , if it doesnt ....

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Happy with the continued inclusion of Feagai are we ??????
Obv has talent but is way down on form and confidence at present
Surely a short stint in the Twos would go a long wat to regain both
Just suggesting either Lobb or Tamale , if they are eligible , are worthy of a shot , after good showings in NSW Cup
Doesnt say much for our depth , if it doesnt ....

I didn't say I was happy with anyone, I just said post your teamlist.

In any case, Tamale is unavailable due to U19 SOO duty.
Lobby isn't in our top 30 so anyone outside has to be paid extra which impacts our (apparantly already) strained salary cap.