1. Grand Final Edition OUT NOW:

The 2020 NRL & NRLW Grand Final edition of The Front Row, our exclusive online e-magazine and match programme for Sunday's Grand Final Day! Also includes Super League Round 17 and 18 squads.

The Grand Final edition brings you special stories from each camp - Paul Jobber chats with Panthers legend Scott Sattler recounts his famous moment in the sides 2003 title win and looks to the current crop of Penrith players; while Rob Crosby looks at Josh Addo-Carr as he laces up for what could be his final Storm game. Rick Edgerton has a Clive Churchill Medal guide, while Joshua Wells speaks to Brisbane NRLW star Millie Boyle as the Broncos cruise toward a Women's threepeat on Sunday.

Add to that all the regular features you've come to expect - the programme for both Grand Final Day matches along with teamlists and details for Rounds 17 and 18 of the Super League - and you have one fantastic 32-page magazine for your Grand Final reading!

EDITION 22 - READ NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Round 19 vs Newcastle

Discussion in 'St George Illawarra Dragons' started by getsmarty, Sep 12, 2020.

1. Forbes Creek Dragons

Forbes Creek Dragons Bench

I agree with all those points, point 3 I have no idea what was going on positions wise. He was definitely hanging around the ruck in attack and the wing in defence. Lomax seemed to be either at halfback or backrow and no idea what Dufty was doing. Either way they are realising Ramsey is a weapon that needs unleashing. I would be very interested to see Dufty as a running 5/8 certainly less outside the box than JDB at 7. My issues are twofold, firstly I’m not sure Hunt or Norman have a good enough kicking game to accomodate Dufty’s possible lack of one and secondly Sullivan may do but Dufty and Sullivan are a small halves pairing. I have no issues with Dufty’s defence at 5/8 though, I believe he can tackle, it’s different tackling in tight than blokes coming full pace in the open like at fullback.

Mjab, Spazer and ALSGI like this.
  2. Old Timer

Old Timer Coach

Good observation re point 3
    Lomax, Ramsey, Dufty & Feegai did some ad-lib and created much needed speed in and around the ruck.

Re point 2 I like you can't wait to see their careers unfold.

3. moes

moes Bench

if Cronk could make Lawrie into a first grader
    Maybe, but doesn’t look capable of doing any of those things you mentioned even with a good coach. Very very ordinary player. Love his heart and desire but no skill or upside

KogarahWarrior and Kylez3 like this.
  4. Inisai Toga

Inisai Toga Juniors

Agree Dragons4me, if that is indeed the instructions, it is ridiculous. Yet, despite his huge ticker his lateral movement and defence at the line is poor and he has been involved in some really bad defensive outcomes over the last month which the side just can’t afford. Has to improve in this area in the offseason or in my opinion he is a liability.

Old Timer and ALSGI like this.
  5. Bob

Bob Juniors

He’s never got over dropping that ball in the grand a few years ago final loosing it for the Broncos

Mjab likes this.
  6. Kylez3

Kylez3 Juniors

Yep. One of the most mentally broken players of all time.

Mjab and be55 like this.
  7. SEAT 1A

SEAT 1A Juniors

Again.

8. thebigredv

thebigredv Juniors

Anyone watching the Titans carve up the team that smashed us?

What does that say about the Young/McGregor Dragons?

Forster Dragon and redVinme like this.
  9. BLM01

BLM01 Bench

Dean Young said it
    We could not beat Dapto Under 8’s

Dragon David likes this.
  10. possm

possm Coach

Young didn't say WHY we couldn't beat Dapto under 8s. There are three reasons:
    Mary
    Young
    Millward

11. getsmarty

getsmarty Referee

The Board should have been at the Top of your list.

blacksafake, BLM01 and ALSGI like this.
  12. hewi

hewi Juniors

You could run a course in universities on the Dragons. How to ruin a great brand thru incompetence. Start with the board, the old boys club of selecting coaches based on their former affiliation with the club, their failure to sack them until they have caused massive damage, their stupidity in signing an incompetent coach to a new contract without having any get out clauses. The coach himself sacking anyone who was better than him, Holbrook and Demetriou a classic back covering option. The constant recruitment of washed out players who offered nothing. The failure to have a plan of introducing youth into first grade. It defies the imagination but why oh why did it have to be my Dragons. I can suffer failure but not incompetence and we have had enough for a lifetime. Rant over.

13. blacksafake

blacksafake Guest

And a fine rant too :thumbsup:

getsmarty likes this.