What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 19 Vs Raiders

The Realist

Juniors
Abacus and others have summed up this game really well.

For me the big difference was professionalism and toughness. This contrast was highlighted by Luai running around like a headless chook whilst Wighton and co passed and ran direct lines with purpose.

The Raiders respected the ball whilst we got stripped/fumbled far too often.

Nadan and Mansour copped an absolute bath from their opposites. Mansour is barely an adequate winger these days, he was Rapana's B$#ch I am sorry to say. Nadan's very sketchy and uncommitted defence was finally exposed today as well. I like him but had Waqa been out there on Sunday instead I am certain the Raiders would have 1 or 2 less tries.

One team was well coached and played with real purpose and intent. The other team was just winging it and hoping for the best. No surprise as to which team won.

Panfa

Juniors
Id bring leniu in for either kenny or luai and tell sauce hes on notice 1 more game like that and you can see out the rest of the yr in canterbury cup.

GongPanther

Referee
There is an element of football dumbness in our side that sometimes defies belief.

Every week we conjure up some new way of getting the opposition off the hook.

Even last week ([EDIT] V Dragons) with 20 minutes to go, we couldn't score a point. I guess it mostly comes down to experience with trial and error, but we really have to learn how to play safety first when in some precarious situations like Mansour's and Naden's on the weekend.

Last edited:

Sime_11

Juniors
Mansour is fine, he had a very ordinary game on Sunday, but he always went looking for work in bringing the yards out, whereas Naden's effort for the game left a lot to be desired.

in their defence (same as Whare/To'o) - we looked so poor in the attacking 20 and the ball remained in the middle of the field, our first try was from going wide and we just seemed to avoid doing that....

Martin & Yeo can run good lines as 2nd Rowers but again lack of service or looking for that cutback inside, we just kept trying the same thing and kept getting the same result, nothing...

some good forced dropouts, but no grubbers for Naden to chase, no early ball to the wingers, still use that play even with Kikau out, we look dangerous when we go wide early.... we just went away from what was working for us unfortunately and got our panties pulled down.

TheEroticGamer

Juniors
Penrith as a club are at breaking point with the referees this year. If the NRL thinks fining the coach and telling him to shut up is going to calm down the situation then they are in for a real shock.

TheFrog

Coach
The contact was insignificant.
You are allowed to go for the ball. You are not supposed to push with your hands. It doesn't take much in mid-air to mess up your balance and cause you to drop a bomb. We'll have to agree to disagree on this one and I guess Edwards being checked without the ball as well.

OldPanther

Coach
You are allowed to go for the ball. You are not supposed to push with your hands. It doesn't take much in mid-air to mess up your balance and cause you to drop a bomb. We'll have to agree to disagree on this one and I guess Edwards being checked without the ball as well.

The Edwards one was really bad but Panthers played like headless chickens who decided 1 set play(best I've seen from Nathan ever by the way) is enough for 80 minutes.

Abacus

Juniors
I was surprised the Edwards one wasn't looked at a little further. Mansour had a hand on him - if anything players expect more contact. He still should have taken it or cleaned up his drop. I'm don't expect refs to bail players out of their mistakes. But happy to agree to disagree.

Kilkenny

Coach
My son was up from Melbourne so we went down and watched all three games on the weekend. Great way to spend an afternoon even if our NRL side didn’t deliver the result we had all hoped for. I think the result just probably just cemented what we already knew in our hearts and that while we had a great run we were somewhat flattered by the run of results. We are in a full scale rebuild even if we didn’t foresee it necessary 12 months ago. The areas we need some quality and depth are pretty much obvious to all even if we don’t necessarily agree on the types of players we need to bring in.