What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 19 vs Souths

Crush

Coach
Like I said matey .. many times.
Mary is not the source of our issues. He is the net result of the board. They meet this week and wont discuss coaching, and people think Mary will be sacked.
So Mary has the full support of the board?
He's gone.......

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Board wont act mate, they ae meeting Tuesday and Mary wont be discussed. Source:- Rothfield.

ST George Illawarra’s board will meet on Tuesday to discuss the team’s dismal premiership campaign but chief executive Brian Johnston says coach Paul “Mary” McGregor’s position won’t be discussed.

“Mary signed a two-year extension at the beginning of the year so there’s no heat at the moment,” Johnston said. “We’ve got to hang in and stay positive. Mary’s working 12 to 14 hours a day.

“No doubt, team performances will be a point of discussion but not the coach specifically.”

Interesting choice of words used in Rothfields "report".

Firstly, Rothfield must have such easy assess to our CEO, whilst others fail to even raise a response.
Secondly, the Board is meeting on Tuesday to discuss the premiership campaign, how can McGregor's coaching not be a part of that!
Thirdly, I wonder whether BJ would refer to him as Paul "Mary" McGregor so informally, and not just simply Paul McGregor or simply coach McGregor.
Fourthly, "there's no heat at the moment", again very informal, but adding in 'at the moment' tells me it has been discussed.
Next "Mary's (again very informal) working 12 to 14 hrs a day. How does he know, has he had a discussion with him already!
The last line is the most interesting "No doubt, team performance will be a point of discussion, but not the coach specifically" contradicts the first paragraph as it basically states it will be.

I'm getting the "coach has full support of the board" statement being released soon after Tuesdays meeting.

I think Rothfield has used some poetic license in this report as it sounds too "friendly" to me.

Qapm

Juniors
We are less than a week away from South Sydney padding their for and against after beating our poor Dragons so I would like to offer this public service announcement to the crew that brings the "Straight Outta Kogarah" signs to the games: the spirit of EazyE does not approve.

I support the players but time to put that banner away for the rest of 2019.

May I offer suggestions for a different banner based off of EazyE and NWA play lists that you can proudly fly instead?

100 Losses and Mary's Still Not Runnin'
Find them (a contract extension), Fxxx them (the fans and players), and don't Flee
Nutz on the Dragons Board's Chins
Mary Duzn't It
Appetite for destruction (6W 12L)

You're welcome.

j0nesy

Bench
Dufty
Saab
Ravalawa
Lomax
Sailor
Norman
Hunt
Graham - captain coach
McInness
Vaughan
Leilua
T. Sims - stick him in the middle and make the lazy bastard do some work for once this year

Ford - If Robson’s gone next year then don’t play him
Timm
Kerr
K. Sims

Lawrie - could get a run ahead of Kerr, not fussed either way.

That will still leave us with the worst outside backs in the comp but they are “less worse” than what we’ve got right now. It doesn’t matter what team we trot out, if Mary is coach we don’t stand a chance. At the very least this gives some of the young guys a few games under their belt. Given our season is gone it’s the least we should be doing.

blacksafake

First Grade
I didn't renew this year and was very close to doing it before Mary was given another 2 years for nothing, at which point my decision was confirmed. Im not going to be a member or go to another game till he's gone. I've only been to one game all year which was anzac day and sadly, just can't do it at present.
I told Doust last year no membership until changes were made & I will stick to it. Have only been to 2 games this year & one was against parra as I have friends who are eels members & I went for free.
I’m well known for cutting my nose off to spite my face & will continue to do so.
I will however always support them on the field.

rednwhites

Juniors
Shame on any Dragons fan who turns up to any game while McGregor is still in charge. The board has spoken and they don't care about you. They still want your money and everything to appear hunky-dory. We are at a real crossroads here like never before, and the only thing the fans have left is to vote with their feet.

Anyone who does turn up is supporting McGregor and I am ashamed to have you as a fellow fan.

FlameThrower

Bench
I’m hearing next Tuesday board meeting is rather serious.
Change and performance targets are on the agenda. Attitude and preparation methods all to be looked at.
Massive focus on the Bistro & kitchen staff. They have been told to shape up and improve the Chinese menu and time for some Craft Beers and ditch the VB and XXXX at the Bar. No more excuses otherwise head Chief is gone!!!

jeffdragon

Bench
I told Doust last year no membership until changes were made & I will stick to it. Have only been to 2 games this year & one was against parra as I have friends who are eels members & I went for free.
I’m well known for cutting my nose off to spite my face & will continue to do so.
I will however always support them on the field.
Been to four games , usually never miss jubilee oval.
Will not go again this year.
No point we aren't going anywhere.

SBD82

Coach
Shame on any Dragons fan who turns up to any game while McGregor is still in charge. The board has spoken and they don't care about you. They still want your money and everything to appear hunky-dory. We are at a real crossroads here like never before, and the only thing the fans have left is to vote with their feet.

Anyone who does turn up is supporting McGregor and I am ashamed to have you as a fellow fan.
Yeah... with all due respect,

Go f**k yourself.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade

As a fellow Saints fan, l can sympathise with you and understand your frustration but each fan has the right to make their own choice which may not be in keeping with your view.

I'd like to see everyone stay away too but its not right to label those whose views may differ to ours.

SBD82

Coach
Enjoy the game and the two more years of wasting your time. We've past the point where you get behind the club like in the old days. Feeding the fire.
If you think that the only reason people attend games is to support the board and the coach, you’re wrong.

rednwhites

Juniors
If you think that the only reason people attend games is to support the board and the coach, you’re wrong.

I get that. It used to be to watch rugby league and support the players that pull on the jersey. Right now it is supporting a wayward regime. 5 years of the same is a bit more than a rough trot to ride out.

rednwhites

Juniors
As a fellow Saints fan, l can sympathise with you and understand your frustration but each fan has the right to make their own choice which may not be in keeping with your view.

I'd like to see everyone stay away too but its not right to label those whose views may differ to ours.

I am being judgmental at this point. I did not say no one has a right but I hope they realise they are feeding the beast.

Latest posts