What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 19 vs. Warriors Discussion + Voting

Big Pete

Referee
Broncos team to play the Warriors, Friday 7.30pm at Suncorp Stadium:
1 Josh Hoffman
2 Gerard Beale
3 Alex Glenn
4 Justin Hodges
5 Dale Copley
6 Corey Norman
7 Peter Wallace
8 Josh McGuire
9 Andrew McCullough
10 Petero Civoniceva
11 Matt Gillett
12 Sam Thaiday (C)
13 Corey Parker
Interchange
14 Ben Hunt
15 Ben Teo
16 Ben Hannant
17 Mitchell Dodds
18 Dunamis Lui
Coach Anthony Griffin

Source: Official Website.

Big Pete

Referee
Mixed feelings about that side.

Happy to see McGuire starting, he well and truly deserved the spot & I believe he'll give us the energy upfront that we'll need.

However Gillett in the starting side worries me to no end. Not only doesn't he have any form but defensively he's probably our worst backrow in the starting squad. I'd rather Te'o there but wouldn't be surprised to see Gillett defend in the centres.

broncos70

Juniors
Soooo have our wingers switched sides or have our centres?
hodgo is a right side player and glenn is a left side player
copley has been with reed..is he now not on the left anymore?

user_nat

Coach
Soooo have our wingers switched sides or have our centres?
hodgo is a right side player and glenn is a left side player
copley has been with reed..is he now not on the left anymore?

Nothing has changed in that regard. Beale has been in the 2 all season and Copley in the 5 since YY's injury. They just don't play on the side you would probably expect.

Big Pete

Referee
It's actually Hodges who's caused the confusion. 4 is generally reserved for left centre but Hodges likes the number.

josh1111

Juniors
Not a fan of Glenn in the centres he is a better backrower, why wouldn't Hook put Beale in the centres and bring Mantra back onto the wing. Beale is a better centre than winger and Mantra has done a great job in his couple of games in the top grade. That would make sense to me.

broncos70

Juniors
you mean Maranta..

I guess I never noticed it because our centres never change so I never actually paid attention to it. Thanks for clarifying it though!

Hope Mcguire gets more than 40 mins!

hellteam

First Grade
Centre and winger numbers rarely mean anything these days.

I see the thought of putting Glenn out in the centres... he will be marking Hurrell, will need a big solid defender to take him on.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
I don't think Hurrell is playing.

Anyway, I'm happy that Glenn is out there instead of Gillett, Gillett is too slow for centres. Although I don't see why Maranta wasn't just brought back in.

Hopefully McGuire responds well to his promotion, will be a bit of pressure on him to justify his start over Hannant.

Warriors always frighten me. Have many strike players that can win the game for them. Hopefully for us they have one of their off days...

shiznit

Coach
Not a fan of Glenn in the centres he is a better backrower, why wouldn't Hook put Beale in the centres and bring Mantra back onto the wing. Beale is a better centre than winger and Mantra has done a great job in his couple of games in the top grade. That would make sense to me.

as soon as i saw Glenn named in the centres i wondered if the broncos have got mail that Hurrell might be playing.

i wouldn't be very confident that Beale could handle Hurrell...

Steve_oneskie

Juniors
Interesting team. Dissapointed not to see Hannant starting as i feel him and McGuire are two of the best props in the competiton this year. Similarly, i don't like Glenn in the centres would much rather have beale out there and allow Whitchurch or Maranta to continue on the wing. Again not thrilled about Gillett starting, he has been in lalalalalalalala land this season when he has started would much rather see Teo starting out of the two of them until Gillett regains his form. Lets hope Hurrell isn't playing.

AceAv

Juniors
I'm willing to give Griffin the BOT for Glenn. I rate him pretty highly and don't think he'll do us wrong at centre. Of course Gillet is a different story. But it's a funny thing what confidence does. We get a good start and he makes a few good plays we can see something very different come from Gillo.

I had a dream that this game was another gritty golden point win with Yow Yeh starring. Don't know what to make of that :?

Vol-Crane-O

Juniors
Funny that Hannant gets demoted to the bench, because of McGuire's good form, and yet Gillett gets a start even though he has been really down on form lately.

Gillett is much better coming off the bench - there is less pressure on him, and the tired players can't handle his footwork and ballplaying. I'd rather Te'o start.

I think Glenn in the centres points more towards the end of the season. We would rather put experience out there, heading towards finals so as many as our top 17 are in top form as possible.

Maranta would be a stop-gap option until Reed is back, so I'd say they would rather play Glenn there to give all their backrowers maximum game-time.

Leagueaddict

Juniors
Yeah I'd be interested to see how Glenn goes in the centers. Think he's strong and fast and also good in defence but maybe down the track?

Round 9 against the kiwis was a bit of a shocker for us but we did lose Wallace early and made some uncharacteristic errors. Kiwis on song will be hard to beat but we have to start winning these strong match ups and this is the time to find some form. Play smart, a good kicking game with repeat sets and hold onto the footy we should wear the monsters down!:)

Mr Fourex

Bench
as soon as i saw Glenn named in the centres i wondered if the broncos have got mail that Hurrell might be playing.

That's a fair point.

Otherwise would have much preferred the Beale and Maranta option.

Snappy

Coach
Expecting a very wet night at Suncorp, so the forward battle and ball handling will be the key.

Kiwi

First Grade

To be hoest i think Hurrell would have more troube handling Beale than vise versa. Beale is fast, great step, good fend and strong.

Latest posts