What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 2 - Dragons vs Rabbitohs: Thursday 21st March 7:50pm @Jubilee Oval

truthslayer

Juniors
Long time no see guys A few points I made Bennett won't be happy with some of the plays in the second half. Each week the team has to be focused and committed from the first whistle we lacked some intensity in the first half. Great to see Kyle Turner back and must be performing to warrant his spot. Liam Knight great but needs to calm the farm a little, Burns is outstanding so far! Inglis fitness is not there yet and risks being injured playing underdone. Gagai should spend all week tackling anything that moves. Not a good game from him. Murray outstanding future captain. Up the Rabbitohs!

250excf

Juniors
I thought Nicholls was poor again.

He's turning into Dave Tyrrell 2.0

I really hope Tom Amone gets a call up next week
agree mate would prefer a faster more aggressive Tom Amone
Nichols is way too slow and doesn’t hit the line anything like Amone

Pauly1

Juniors
Think its time for Inglis to hang up his boots!
Playing with one arm doesn't help anyone.
Good to see Kyle Turner back in 1st grade last night.
Tackled anything that moved.

Travitoh

First Grade
I thought Nicholls was poor again.

He's turning into Dave Tyrrell 2.0

I really hope Tom Amone gets a call up next week

I agree, Nicholls is like premiership Rabbitoh Dave Tyrrell. An underappreciated squad member who knows he'll never be elite but comes on and does his job anyway in the hope that it will help Souths win.

If i was going to take issue with anyone from last night it would be Tom who dropped the footy first set after we opened the scoring, giving StGI an opportunity to build momentum when we should've been killing them off early. Fortunately they were unable to put more points on the board than they did.
It would be Gagai who was destroyed by Pereira and Lafai but his defence is part of the reason he is on the wing now, because it is awful.
It would be GI who is nothing more than a passenger at the moment and as much as i hope he proves me wrong, he doesn't mentally or physically look matchfit.

Agree he isn't the most gifted player on the list but he is in the 17 for a reason and when we don't have a salary sombrero at our disposal, we need heads like Nicholls who can be called upon when required knowing that they will give their all for the cardinal and myrtle.

RunRabbitRun69

Juniors
I agree, Nicholls is like premiership Rabbitoh Dave Tyrrell. An underappreciated squad member who knows he'll never be elite but comes on and does his job anyway in the hope that it will help Souths win.

If i was going to take issue with anyone from last night it would be Tom who dropped the footy first set after we opened the scoring, giving StGI an opportunity to build momentum when we should've been killing them off early. Fortunately they were unable to put more points on the board than they did.
It would be Gagai who was destroyed by Pereira and Lafai but his defence is part of the reason he is on the wing now, because it is awful.
It would be GI who is nothing more than a passenger at the moment and as much as i hope he proves me wrong, he doesn't mentally or physically look matchfit.

Agree he isn't the most gifted player on the list but he is in the 17 for a reason and when we don't have a salary sombrero at our disposal, we need heads like Nicholls who can be called upon when required knowing that they will give their all for the cardinal and myrtle.
:joy::joy::joy:

Mate, Dave Tyrrell repeatedly had the least hit ups, metres and post contact metres of any front rower in the comp (while making a below average amount of tackles).

There's a reason not one single club made him an offer when his deal with us expired.

He was f**king lazy.

Sorry if you're sentimental about him, but he's one of the worst players to have worn our colours in the last 20+ years.

He wasn't "underappreciated", nor did he " do his job".

He was rightly criticised for coasting.

Travitoh

First Grade

Mate, Dave Tyrrell repeatedly had the least hit ups, metres and post contact metres of any front rower in the comp (while making a below average amount of tackles).

There's a reason not one single club made him an offer when his deal with us expired.

He was f**king lazy.

Sorry if you're sentimental about him, but he's one of the worst players to have worn our colours in the last 20+ years.

And yet he has a premiership ring after starting in the 2014 Grand Final.
For a bloke with no knees, he certainly achieved more with a rabbit on his chest than you or i ever have.

RunRabbitRun69

Juniors
And yet he has a premiership ring after starting in the 2014 Grand Final.
For a bloke with no knees, he certainly achieved more with a rabbit on his chest than you or i ever have.
What you or I have achieved is irrelevant in this conversation. I'm not comparing him to you or me.

Everything I said was true. Sorry if i offended you mate, but his performances were nothing short of pathetic.

Travitoh

First Grade
What you or I have achieved is irrelevant in this conversation. I'm not comparing him to you or me.

Everything I said was true. Sorry if i offended you mate, but his performances were nothing short of pathetic.

Played every game of a premiership year, can't be that bad.

Nicholls won't spend the year in first grade with George still to return but for now, it looks like it will be Knight who'll make way for him.

Rabbit Stew

Juniors
The value of Nicholls is that he makes the tackles that George, Tom, Tevita and Knight won't. Yes, they hit the line harder with the ball but our defence in the middle looks tighter with Nicholls there. It takes all types to make a premiership team

Galeforce

Bench

He was f**king lazy.

Mate ,
your comments are very disrespectful , you are an imbecile.

For starters , Dave T , was a member of the grand final winning team....so go stick it.
for second , get your facts on Dave T. just some information below..........to say he was LAZY , what a twerp you are.......he was a battler , who was not the best in his later years but gave his best as part of a TEAM.

"Rabbitoh Dave Tyrrell with Peter Holmes a Court after signing as an 18-year-old.
He was diagnosed with compartment syndrome in his legs, a painful condition where his muscles swell too big and force constant cramping.

Surgery to cut the sleeve of his calf muscle solved the problem, but ruined his career as a winger.

Immediately he lost two seconds of speed from his 100m sprint time. He’d lost his greatest asset. You could excuse the Rabbitohs if they’d cut him loose, just another 20s kid on the scrapheap.

Tyrrell refused to give up. After a five week recovery he played out the season as a backrower and convinced club owner Russell Crowe that he deserved a NRL contract.

He did it all while waking at 4.30am every day to drive from Mascot to Penrith to start work as an apprentice electrician at 7am and then finish training every night at 8pm.

“He was a speedy winger and he went back and wasn’t that speedy anymore,” Tyrrell’s dad Kevin said.

“With the compartment syndrome he lost roughly two seconds over 100m.

“He reinvented himself to go back into the forwards. He had to change the way he played football, he had to change his body shape and he had to change everything. But that is part of David’s drive and determination to get to where he wants.”

Even after his NRL debut in 2009 it hasn’t been easy. In 2010 he missed most of the season with a severe facial fracture and he still has the steel plate in his head as a lasting memory."

RunRabbitRun69

Juniors
The value of Nicholls is that he makes the tackles that George, Tom, Tevita and Knight won't. Yes, they hit the line harder with the ball but our defence in the middle looks tighter with Nicholls there. It takes all types to make a premiership team
Nicholls made 16 tackles, Knight and Tatola made 22 in roughly the same amount of time.

I appreciate that you want to support our players, but what you're saying id blatantly false mate

RunRabbitRun69

Juniors
Mate ,

For starters , Dave T , was a member of the grand final winning team....so go stick it.
for second , get your facts on Dave T. just some information below..........to say he was LAZY , what a twerp you are.......he was a battler , who was not the best in his later years but gave his best as part of a TEAM.

"Rabbitoh Dave Tyrrell with Peter Holmes a Court after signing as an 18-year-old.
He was diagnosed with compartment syndrome in his legs, a painful condition where his muscles swell too big and force constant cramping.

Surgery to cut the sleeve of his calf muscle solved the problem, but ruined his career as a winger.

Immediately he lost two seconds of speed from his 100m sprint time. He’d lost his greatest asset. You could excuse the Rabbitohs if they’d cut him loose, just another 20s kid on the scrapheap.

Tyrrell refused to give up. After a five week recovery he played out the season as a backrower and convinced club owner Russell Crowe that he deserved a NRL contract.

He did it all while waking at 4.30am every day to drive from Mascot to Penrith to start work as an apprentice electrician at 7am and then finish training every night at 8pm.

“He was a speedy winger and he went back and wasn’t that speedy anymore,” Tyrrell’s dad Kevin said.

“He reinvented himself to go back into the forwards. He had to change the way he played football, he had to change his body shape and he had to change everything. But that is part of David’s drive and determination to get to where he wants.”

Even after his NRL debut in 2009 it hasn’t been easy. In 2010 he missed most of the season with a severe facial fracture and he still has the steel plate in his head as a lasting memory."
Yeah, I knew all of that. Doesn't excuse his lazy, substandard performances.

Averaging 50m per game as a front rower who plays 40+ minutes each week was poor.

That's why no one wanted any part of him when he came off contract. Us included.

Again, I appreciate wanting to support our players no matter what, but you can't expect everyone else to ignore the truth of the situation.

250excf

Juniors
Mate ,

This guy Galeforce every time he doesn’t agree with someone has to start calling them imbeciles etc really mate grow a brain
If you don’t agree just say so or let it go no need for name calling and put downs
It’s not tough it doesn’t make you look tough it makes you look like an idiot with very little communication skills
Remember it’s a rumours forum everyone is entitled to an opinion whether you agree or not

callmack1

Staff member
I'm all for arguing, it makes this forum interesting but please go about it the right way. There is no need to resort to name calling just because someone has a different opinion. That is their point of view and we should all respect it.

In my opinion, Tyrrell is a club champion!! he may not have been the best player but he'd always do his job and never let you down. A member of the 2014 Premiership team and he loved this club, gave his all in his time with us and that's all you can ask.

I'll never forget the day he doubled his career try tally in one game against the Warriors over in Perth in 2014, that was so awesome!

Galeforce

Bench
Yeah, I knew all of that. Doesn't excuse his lazy, substandard performances.

Averaging 50m per game as a front rower who plays 40+ minutes each week was poor.

That's why no one wanted any part of him when he came off contract. Us included.

Again, I appreciate wanting to support our players no matter what, but you can't expect everyone else to ignore the truth of the situation.

You also ignore .......he was not on much coin , probably close to the minimum.
He also did not choose the team.......he was chosen , because the coach/team appreciated him. He was not there to make more meters than the Burgess boys ( who were probably making 3 times more than him on average), he assisted to hold the middle and then take hard runs into bigger forwards.

his low salary also assisted to keep more expensive players in our cap equation.that is the truth of the situation

Galeforce

Bench
This guy Galeforce every time he doesn’t agree with someone has to start calling them imbeciles etc really mate grow a brain
If you don’t agree just say so or let it go no need for name calling and put downs
It’s not tough it doesn’t make you look tough it makes you look like an idiot with very little communication skills
Remember it’s a rumours forum everyone is entitled to an opinion whether you agree or not

you have a point , however you have NO issue with someone calling a good Souths player , "f. ....lazy" however take exception for calling a person an imbecile for making that comment. Go figure your double standard

Latest posts