What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 2 - Dragons vs Rabbitohs: Thursday 21st March 7:50pm @Jubilee Oval

RunRabbitRun69

Juniors
You also ignore .......he was not on much coin , probably close to the minimum.
He also did not choose the team.......he was chosen , because the coach/team appreciated him. He was not there to make more meters than the Burgess boys ( who were probably making 3 times more than him on average), he assisted to hold the middle and then take hard runs into bigger forwards.

his low salary also assisted to keep more expensive players in our cap equation.that is the truth of the situation
He was paid what he was worth mate. Doesn't change the below average efforts he put in.

You're entitled to your opinion, if you don't agree with me, that's cool.

His numbers speak for themselves

250excf

Juniors
you have a point , however you have NO issue with someone calling a good Souths player , "f. ....lazy" however take exception for calling a person an imbecile for making that comment. Go figure your double standard
It’s not a double standard at all, I agree with him ,that’s my opinion,
The world revolves around a lot more than what you may think

Galeforce

Bench
It’s not a double standard at all, I agree with him ,that’s my opinion,
The world revolves around a lot more than what you may think

You are a hypocrite

I have no issue with what you believe ........point is you did not state it till now on this subject , i.e. was Dave Tyrell "f..... lazy".

Your initial response to my response , was to ATTACK me , with effect on all my prior posts. Only when I raise the issue that you ignore the "venom" of the attack on Dave , yet are concerned with my response to the attacker..........you can respond with weak response that you in effect agree that Dave Tyrrell was "f..... lazy" ........

Your point that I have no communication skills , is perfect response for a sophist . you wanted to stay away from the real discussion and try and attack my argument by attacking with me , WITHOUT any discussion on the real point........you are a weak hypocrite , a wasted space as a sophist communicator. Is that enough poor communication skills for you!!!

Galeforce

Bench
He was paid what he was worth mate. Doesn't change the below average efforts he put in.

You're entitled to your opinion, if you don't agree with me, that's cool.

His numbers speak for themselves

If you agree , he was paid what he was worth .......why are you then putting him down?

Also , you judge and attack Dave on his last couple of years........what is the difference between attacking Dave on his last year stats ......versus attacking GI on his last year if he continued with current form ?The form of your attack was to disparage Dave T total career/commitment to Souths.i,e. my issue .

Especially when he was a lower paid player...............so you would have preferred to get rid of Sam and Dave and get two better performing forwards for the same money. Both worse than Sam , however both better than Dave. That is how salary cap works.

Mr Spock!

Referee
Tyrell is faster than gi at the moment.

It was embarrassing seeing him get some space and immediately look to get rid of it.

Galeforce

Bench
Tyrell is faster than gi at the moment.

It was embarrassing seeing him get some space and immediately look to get rid of it.

unfortunate but true.......hopefully GI can wok his way into full match fitness before getting another injury......that is the tough situation GI , Souths and souths fans are in now.

RunRabbitRun69

Juniors
If you agree , he was paid what he was worth .......why are you then putting him down?

Also , you judge and attack Dave on his last couple of years........what is the difference between attacking Dave on his last year stats ......versus attacking GI on his last year if he continued with current form ?The form of your attack was to disparage Dave T total career/commitment to Souths.i,e. my issue .

Especially when he was a lower paid player...............so you would have preferred to get rid of Sam and Dave and get two better performing forwards for the same money. Both worse than Sam , however both better than Dave. That is how salary cap works.
What he was paid is irrelevant.

He played shit. The numbers back that up.

Again, I'm sorry if you're sentimental and don't like hearing it, but it's the truth.

Mr Spock!

Referee
unfortunate but true.......hopefully GI can wok his way into full match fitness before getting another injury......that is the tough situation GI , Souths and souths fans are in now.
We all knew gi was overweight and unfit. And no surprise he's getting injured.

Just not good enough from our million dollar a season star.

250excf

Juniors
You are a hypocrite

I have no issue with what you believe ........point is you did not state it till now on this subject , i.e. was Dave Tyrell "f..... lazy".

Your initial response to my response , was to ATTACK me , with effect on all my prior posts. Only when I raise the issue that you ignore the "venom" of the attack on Dave , yet are concerned with my response to the attacker..........you can respond with weak response that you in effect agree that Dave Tyrrell was "f..... lazy" ........

Your point that I have no communication skills , is perfect response for a sophist . you wanted to stay away from the real discussion and try and attack my argument by attacking with me , WITHOUT any discussion on the real point........you are a weak hypocrite , a wasted space as a sophist communicator. Is that enough poor communication skills for you!!!
What’s wrong angry man bit of tension built up there I see
Your like a bomb waiting to explode
Wow and you know a big word
Gee angry man know big word
Is this where I’m supposed to feel intimidated by your pathetic attempts keyboard warrior
Sorry to disappoint but you make me laugh try anger management or a brothel mate may help release your tension a:joy:

assess5

Juniors
Is this where I’m supposed to feel intimidated by your pathetic attempts keyboard warrior
Sorry to disappoint but you make me laugh try anger management or a brothel mate may help release your tension a:joy:

I went to anger management.....nine sessions......in the end I jumped up on the desk and started screaming 'Shrink, I wanna kill, I wanna kill, I wanna see heaped piles of dead burnt bodies, veins in my teeth, I mean kill, kill kill'.
He jumped up on the desk with me and we both ended screaming 'kill kill kill'
a sergeant came over and pinned a medal on me and said ' your our boy '
You can get anything you want at Alice's restaurant (ceptin Alice).

Don't know what a brothel is, where is one so I can go look.

I thought we were talking about Amone (?:). and Nichols. The only problem I had with Tyrell was nobody told him to stick his hand/arm out and fend.
Nichols is nothing like Tyrell, he's far more mobile for a start, and I thought he played strong did great on Thursday night.
I refer you to last Sunday's game ( Canterbury Cup) when, for all his hard running he didn't break the line, you can quote all the 'assisted line breaks' and '27 tackles' but I watched the game and whilst he did put his heart into the efforts he made all he achieved was to get held up over the line.
Now I'm happy if he gets a start in firsts next week or the week after, it doesn't matter to me, but I think, my view, is that Nichols get first shot at it.

Galeforce

Bench

again, you say nothing.

I just called a dope a dope and you irrelevant. you take offence at that , because you see it as an issue that I bother to state that to an ANNONYMOUS poster. for all I know , both you and your dope buddy are the same person.......one writes an opinion and the other supports or attacks those who take offence.

I take more offence to someone putting down a REAL person , Dave Tyrell , who I believed played to his best given his circumstances. He was a small prop who held his own in a premiership team to the best of his abilities on a low salary. I admire the guy.

So yes , I take offence at a supposed Souths fan (s) who put him down and state he was "f... lazy".who is the key board warrior? Dope !! yes you.

It also does not mean that I would take the offence if other Souths players were called "f... lazy" , because there has been players who DID NOT take their opportunities to develop their natural skills.I will not bother to name some , however there are a few who come to mind. Dave Tyrell was NOT one of those .

RunRabbitRun69

Juniors
again, you say nothing.

I just called a dope a dope and you irrelevant. you take offence at that , because you see it as an issue that I bother to state that to an ANNONYMOUS poster. for all I know , both you and your dope buddy are the same person.......one writes an opinion and the other supports or attacks those who take offence.

I take more offence to someone putting down a REAL person , Dave Tyrell , who I believed played to his best given his circumstances. He was a small prop who held his own in a premiership team to the best of his abilities on a low salary. I admire the guy.

So yes , I take offence at a supposed Souths fan (s) who put him down and state he was "f... lazy".who is the key board warrior? Dope !! yes you.

It also does not mean that I would take the offence if other Souths players were called "f... lazy" , because there has been players who DID NOT take their opportunities to develop their natural skills.I will not bother to name some , however there are a few who come to mind. Dave Tyrell was NOT one of those .
You should grow some thicker skin mate.

This is a big tantrum you're throwing over me pointing out the perpetual underperforming of a player whose efforts hurt us a lot in 2015, 16 and 17 once we no longer had a pack capable of carrying him.

Even if you don't agree with that, you should never let someone else's opinion make you THIS pissy and upset man.

RunRabbitRun69

Juniors
Averaging 58 metres and 21 tackles, playing (on average) more than 40 minutes a game over the last four years he played.

You can like the guy and make excuses, but you can't say he "did his job" with those numbers.

He was an extremely nice and respectable bloke off the field, but on it he was f**king terrible.

themacemaceman

Juniors
Averaging 58 metres and 21 tackles, playing (on average) more than 40 minutes a game over the last four years he played.

You can like the guy and make excuses, but you can't say he "did his job" with those numbers.

He was an extremely nice and respectable bloke off the field, but on it he was f**king terrible.

Oh people can come up with statistics to prove anything. 40% of all people know that!

I’m not sure if we can say whether Dave did his job or not without knowing what Dave’s job actually was as per the coaches instructions.
Now if Dave played every game of the premiership winning season then I can only assume he was doing his job, otherwise Madge would of had him in Reggie’s.

Latest posts