What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 2 - Tips & Crowds

ouwet

Bench
Bicey_18 said:
I guess they arent counting last weeks win over the Bulldogs.... No Johns No Buderus

But the telegraph dont want to let the real facts get in their way of a good "stat"

They played a team with 12 men... Bulldogs got a fair try disallowed and Knights scored a try that wasn't try:oops: ... Hardly encouraging for a Newcastle fan... Very encouraging for a Bulldogs fan though :D

I'd be confident of beating a full Newcastle team by 30 next time we play them (13 on 13 and both at full strength)

caylo

Bench
LebaneseForces said:
They played a team with 12 men... Bulldogs got a fair try disallowed and Knights scored a try that wasn't try:oops: ... Hardly encouraging for a Newcastle fan... Very encouraging for a Bulldogs fan though :D

I'd be confident of beating a full Newcastle team by 30 next time we play them (13 on 13 and both at full strength)

love the bulldog fan excuses... dude any on with a name like LebaneseForces has lost all repect from me already (before you cry bloody wolf mother racisit aussie, im lebanese to). 1. you guys lost, and butchered a good start, and they were one man down anyway. plus a try a try, say what you will you take the good with the bad

ouwet

Bench
caylo said:
love the bulldog fan excuses... dude any on with a name like LebaneseForces has lost all repect from me already (before you cry bloody wolf mother racisit aussie, im lebanese to). 1. you guys lost, and butchered a good start, and they were one man down anyway. plus a try a try, say what you will you take the good with the bad

LOL Mate it's all about opinions... You can have your opinion and i can have mine. :)

I don't really care if you respect me for my name or not... You are no one too me. I love the LebaneseForces and what they represent just as much as i love Australia (I have a huge flag hanging proudly in my room).

18-2 up we had a try disallowed which was a try and the Knights then scored 1 minute later... At 24-2 up we win. Ref's make mistakes but the mistakes he did make are NOT acceptable at first grade standard... In saying that well done Newcastle they didn't say die and neither did the Bulldogs, having the scores at 24-24 with 20 mins to go the Bulldogs (12 men and tired) could of just given up but didn't and would of won if McIllwain held the ball. It was the game of the week and both teams deserve praise but i will go on record and say next time we play them (IF both teams are at full strenght) we will win by 30.

The Informer

Juniors
The Informer said:
Well the plonk is happening.

Tigers -2.5 at the line opened at $1.90 backed this arvo into $1.80 at present (unders is some places). Hope some of you get the overs. ;-)

It looked money for jam.

Plonk continues on the Tigers
Head to head opened $1.70 now $1.50
Line betting -2.5 opened $1.90 now $1.65
13+ $3.10 into $2.75

Bicey_18

Bench
LebaneseForces said:
LOL Mate it's all about opinions... You can have your opinion and i can have mine. :)

I don't really care if you respect me for my name or not... You are no one too me. I love the LebaneseForces and what they represent just as much as i love Australia (I have a huge flag hanging proudly in my room).

18-2 up we had a try disallowed which was a try and the Knights then scored 1 minute later... At 24-2 up we win. Ref's make mistakes but the mistakes he did make are NOT acceptable at first grade standard... In saying that well done Newcastle they didn't say die and neither did the Bulldogs, having the scores at 24-24 with 20 mins to go the Bulldogs (12 men and tired) could of just given up but didn't and would of won if McIllwain held the ball. It was the game of the week and both teams deserve praise but i will go on record and say next time we play them (IF both teams are at full strenght) we will win by 30.

:lol::lol:

Full strength would contain johns and buderus, and you think you would still win by 30?

No one would kno the result if SBW and Johns were still on the park.. and really its irrelevant because it didnt happen.

caylo

Bench
Bicey_18 said:
:lol::lol:

Full strength would contain johns and buderus, and you think you would still win by 30?

No one would kno the result if SBW and Johns were still on the park.. and really its irrelevant because it didnt happen.

to be honest you defence couldn't handle the skill level of the inept Gidley, i would hate to have seen what would have happened had Johns stayed on, regardless of SB(i poped my shoulder again) williams

Xplosive

Juniors
Dragons to beat the Gutless knights
Bulldogs to win easy
Tigers to win
Storm in 1st gear
Roosters to upset cowboys
Warriors
the bunnies
Sharks

effnic

Bench
Coleman said:
What, doing his makeup?

:roll: How is that in the least bit funny?????????????????????????? You would go well on the footy show panel.

Panthers v Bulldogs
Dragons v Knights
Tigers v Sea Eagles :( if both were full strength id go the eagles.
Raiders v Storm
Cowboys v Roosters
Warriors v Broncos
Rabbitohs v Eels
Titans v Sharks

Bicey_18 said:
I guess they arent counting last weeks win over the Bulldogs.... No Johns No Buderus

But the telegraph dont want to let the real facts get in their way of a good "stat"

To be fair they did in fact acknowledge last week's game and had some reason to discount it that I cannot recall.

Bicey_18

Bench
caylo said:
to be honest you defence couldn't handle the skill level of the inept Gidley, i would hate to have seen what would have happened had Johns stayed on, regardless of SB(i poped my shoulder again) williams

Im a Knights fan mate....

Bicey_18

Bench
Xplosive said:
Dragons to beat the Gutless knights
Bulldogs to win easy
Tigers to win
Storm in 1st gear
Roosters to upset cowboys
Warriors
the bunnies
Sharks

That loss last week still making you bitter? Explain how Newcastle are "Gutless"

Bicey_18

Bench
Knights defy critics..again and beat Saints in a thriller
Bulldogs
Tigers
Storm
Cowboys
Warriors
Rabbitohs
Sharks

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
simon says said:
Dodge........12k.
You have to be kidding me.

If it pours down with rain we will get 12k.

Tigers v Eagles at LO is a good crowd puller.

Im expecting about 19k after the good perfromances by both teams last week,and its only one of three games at LO.

Bumper crowd IMO.

I work in Tourism, part of my job is to know the weather. Saturday is forecast thunderstorms.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
:roll: @ the Newc v Dogs whinge that's going on... the Bedsy/Joey stat doesn't count because Joey was on the field for a portion of the game. THAT is a real fact, and YOU are letting it get in the way of a stat. Circumstances as they were, you beat a 12 man team by one point, and came within a single handling error of losing it.

Cry me a river, the way you Noughts fans are carrying on - you'd think you lost by 1.

Bicey_18

Bench
Timmah said:
:roll: @ the Newc v Dogs whinge that's going on... the Bedsy/Joey stat doesn't count because Joey was on the field for a portion of the game. THAT is a real fact, and YOU are letting it get in the way of a stat. Circumstances as they were, you beat a 12 man team by one point, and came within a single handling error of losing it.

Cry me a river, the way you Noughts fans are carrying on - you'd think you lost by 1.

3 minutes is jacksh*t..

Who is whinging? Certaintly not Newcastle fans... All week you lot have come here saying "the ref this and the ref that" "Hickey scored" etc

You make it sound like 12 men cant beat 13? its happened a few times over the past 3-4 yrs
Canberra smashed Manly 52-20 at Brookie (2003) - Woolford gone in the opening minutes
Roosters beat Bulldogs in 05 after Morley got sent, 29-16

Now both of those, the winners were the visitors and still got up with 12 men

24-8 at halftime you guys should have won it.. but didnt as we came out a different team

Rocky Rabbit

Juniors
Panthers v Bulldogs 12000
Dragons v Knights 15000
Tigers v Sea Eagles sell out
Raiders v Storm 11000
Cowboys v Roosters sell out
Warriors v Broncos 15000
Rabbitohs v Eels 22000
Titans v Sharks sell out

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
Raider_69 said:
what kind of league fan would miss out on seeing greg inglis carve a side up?

I imagine there are a fair few Raider's fan expecting a long season and would probably miss that to save the walk of shame should things go pear shaped. I don't think it will get too ugly, but last week wasn't the best showing from Canberra.

R25 last year was the only time you have actually managed to pull over 20k with the storm as an opponent. I doubt it will be above 15k even if the weather is favourable. Is there such a thing in Canberra?

If Dodge is on the money about the weather at LO, then Manly are in for a good showing. ;-)

Latest posts