What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 2 V Rabbitohs

Fangs

Coach
A little respect for the opposition goes a long way. The Rabbitohs are a much, much better side than they showed last game. They have several players who would easily make our team. Inglis, Gagai, Chrichton, Burgess, etc. It's a tougher pack than Parra. If they come ready to play and continue to play well for the 80 we will have a very tough game. They will miss Reynolds though.

Does it though?

We could come out and get flogged by 50 and my thoughts won't have any bearing on the match. The cold reality is that we are against one of the weaker teams in the competition, if we are serious we should put them to the sword.

I don't want our team or club thinking what I think. I'm an armchair general after all.

mxlegend99

Referee
Agree, but he looked pretty good last week in a beaten team. I think they'll be giving him ball at every opportunity.
Thats his one good club game of the year. He will be MOTM for Queensland though.

It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if we played shit and lost. I would be happy with any win at all. Ugliest ever win in golden point. Its 2 points afterall. But I feel like we can run up a score here. We scored 24 points to nil against Eels once we fired up. I think Souths are a hell of a lot more vulnerable.

franklin2323

Immortal
Even if one or 2 of our guys struggle in the heat. We still only used 6 changes last week so have some chance to use more. Peachey fresh at the end of each half given how Souths faded in the heat last week will cause mayhem

tripster

Juniors
BOM forecasts 38 degrees on Saturday.
Its going to be another hot one.

That is also the peak temperature for the day. I'd expect by kick-off at 5:30 pm that it would have cooled off a bit (possibly down to 30 degrees or so), and to keep cooling down during the game as it heads into the evening.

OldPanther

Coach
View attachment 18308

Nathan is on 29 consecutive goals in a row now. Here's hoping we score a bunch of tries under the posts and get a bunch of pe alties in easy kicking range.

Imagine setting a new record like that at his age?

This quote from the article is wow.

"That dedication was there for plenty to see on Tuesday, when Cleary was still putting in extras on his own as it rained cats and dogs at Panthers HQ.

Veteran halves partner James Maloney – who has been relegated to second-string kicker despite booting over 700 NRL goals – even yelled for Cleary to "go home" as he got into his own car, having already showered, changed and made for the exit with the rest of the Penrith squad after training."

mxlegend99

Referee
Thats why he's a must keep player. That dedication from a 20 year old. Its unbelievable.

Although I have a feeling he will miss a relatively easy kick and screw the streak up. But he has 10 to 15 years to beat it anyway.

soc123_au

Staff member
Iirc the last one he missed was a pretty easy shot. He was well into the 20's on that streak. If he had of kicked it he would be in the 50's now. He has the potential to have his name etched in a lot of record books in the coming years.

age.s

First Grade
That training story is the kind of thing that turns you from a talented player into a legend.

We have to keep this kid.

The Broncos not having a halfback makes me very f**king worried. No reason they can't pay him 2 million a year in paper bags

mxlegend99

Referee
The Broncos not having a halfback makes me very f**king worried. No reason they can't pay him 2 million a year in paper bags
Cant see him leaving us for them though.

Tigers or Roosters IMO. Or he stays. But if he is the type of kid eyeing records. We're the best bet for him.

Most games played.
Most points scored
Most tries scored
Most goals kicked. Etc.

All areas he will definitely set records in at this club if he stays. He will have a huge jump on those rrcords if he stays Ontop of having NRL wide records to break.

He will inevitably set a new season points record. Most points in a game and so on for us aswell.

If hes here for 10+ years I can see a few games with hat tricks and 10+ goals to really boost his stats

Cant see him leaving us for them though.

Tigers or Roosters IMO. Or he stays. But if he is the type of kid eyeing records. We're the best bet for him.

Most games played.
Most points scored
Most tries scored
Most goals kicked. Etc.

All areas he will definitely set records in at this club if he stays. He will have a huge jump on those rrcords if he stays Ontop of having NRL wide records to break.

He will inevitably set a new season points record. Most points in a game and so on for us aswell.

If hes here for 10+ years I can see a few games with hat tricks and 10+ goals to really boost his stats
Players don't stay here for life. Just doesn't happen for whatever reason