What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 2 vs Penrith

dannyt

Coach
Just watched the presser. Griffin is a great cure for insomnia. Both he and Hunt harped on the rules, i.e., if that's the rule, Sua should've been off, we have to play within the rules etc., but then at the end he casually mentioned Grade A HIA where a player is not allowed back on the field, and questioned why their half was allowed back on. Very casual, saying that's what he thought the new rules meant, and even asked the opinion of the journos. With any sort of luck, f**kwit sutton should be out next week. Mind you, he should be out for many things, not just letting O'Sullivan back on the field.

BBTB

Juniors
Don't get me wrong , like I have said before Hunt is tough tries hard leads by example ( most times ) but for me when was the last time he guided us to victory in a tight game where it was there to win ? Again he plays much better from 9 and plays what he sees ..... Taking the pressure of him having to set up play and guide the team around from 7 he is less affective ...... So either Mybe to 7 or Sully or the reverse , not leaving Amone out but we have options in my opinion if Hunt went to 9 where he plays his best footy ......
Yes' looking like Hunt is wilting under the pressure of running the team. Must improve in this area. Or.....
needs to move, and let someone else have a chance to take over. Last night he looked like he was half asleep.....

mickeylane

Bench
The 2 points on offer last night were there for the taking , however the boys had too much against them - the send-offs , bad handling at the worst possible moment and the fact that the Dragons are not as yet playing as a team .

Yes we have the young guns who have their moments of attacking brilliance , but overall we should be more coordinated. Being able to rely upon your teammates to to their bit in defense . For the big boys to be following the likes of Amone and Sullivan through any gaps which they may create .

This will come in time , however the coach needs to understand that the longer it takes for the players to gel into a team , there could be more 2 competition points that are not alongside the Dragons tally on the ladder .
Agreed no time for experimentation that’s why I thought Nikorima would have been a great buy for 2022 at 5/8 whilst Amone and Sullivan matured a little longer.. now we are forced to play up to 3 genuine rookies in key positions whilst trying to jag a top 8 posi.. let’s see how we go next few weeks

Lovemedragons

Juniors
Now that all the emotion has abated I sat and watched the replay this morning and saw some things I missed in the heat of the live battle

- Our forwards held their own against a premiership pack, probably won over the other 6 in the second half which was some achievement.
- Sua is a great buy for the club, he conceded a penalty for a split second late tackle but certainly did not deserve a stint in the bin which turned the match against us.
- Kerr had a great game but he has to get consistent over more than one game.
- Amone was mostly quiet but his pass to Sua for his try was exquisite. We must persist with him, especially after persisting so long with Norman at 6.
- Lomax had more errors than I have fingers. Surely he will never make as many mistakes in one game again for the rest of his career.
- Rav was safe but unspectacular, could have won the game but erred when Lomax finally got one right late in the game.
- Cody Ramsey did some really nice work in defence and in covering off kicks
- Hunt made up for his charge down blunder with a magnificent 40/20 then a lovely floating bomb for Sloan. Overall he went pretty well.
- We underutilised Suli and Ramsey in attack. Time to work on that side, both are weapons.
- Sloan is only going to get better.
- We looked a better attacking team with McCulloch off. Not sure if Griffen sees it the same way but Mbye did a pretty good job filling in.

....and perhaps controversially for the forum, the referee was not as bad as I had believed. Lomax was guilty of a sin bin offence based on last year rulings and the Sua sin bin call came from the bunker and was wrong, a penalty at worst. Otherwise he was reasonably fair in his rulings in a tough game to referee.

St Tangles

Bench
Agreed no time for experimentation that’s why I thought Nikorima would have been a great buy for 2022 at 5/8 whilst Amone and Sullivan matured a little longer.. now we are forced to play up to 3 genuine rookies in key positions whilst trying to jag a top 8 posi.. let’s see how we go next few weeks
Nikorima was horrible against us 2 weeks ago

Much better off sticking with Amone

Now that all the emotion has abated I sat and watched the replay this morning and saw some things I missed in the heat of the live battle

- Our forwards held their own against a premiership pack, probably won over the other 6 in the second half which was some achievement.
- Sua is a great buy for the club, he conceded a penalty for a split second late tackle but certainly did not deserve a stint in the bin which turned the match against us.
- Amone was mostly quiet but his pass to Sua for his try was exquisite. We must persist with him, especially after persisting so long with Norman at 6.
- Lomax had more errors than I have fingers. Surely he will never make as many mistakes in one game again for the rest of his career.
- Rav was safe but unspectacular, could have won the game but erred when Lomax finally got one right late in the game.
- Hunt made up for his charge down blunder with a magnificent 40/20 then a lovely floating bomb for Sloan. Overall he went pretty well.
- We underutilised Suli and Ramsey in attack. Time to work on that side, both are weapons.
- We looked a better attacking team with McCulloch off. Not sure if Griffen sees it the same way but Mbye did a pretty good job filling in.

....and perhaps controversially for the forum, the referee was not as bad as I had believed. Lomax was guilty of a sin bin offence based on last year rulings and the Sua sin bin call came from the bunker and was wrong, a penalty at worst. Otherwise he was reasonably fair in his rulings in a tough game to referee.
Api not getting 10 min goes a long way toward explaining how shit the ref was.

Lindsay Moss

Juniors

I thought the ten metres was poor can only remember one offside penalty.

Lovemedragons

Juniors
Api not getting 10 min goes a long way toward explaining how shit the ref was.
Yes he did miss that one completely, so did I at the time but the touchie caught it and it probably should have been a sin bin. The shoulder charge on Hunt right at the end too though it wasn’t high and Hunt stayed on.

St Tangles

Bench
Burgess deserved 10, Swings and roundabouts. You got close because of injuries and our back up 7 having to go off for HIA despite it being a neck issue
Burgess was not even close to a sin bin / penalty yes

Your back up 7 had to go off and shouldn't of been allowed back on after playing dead

He rose quicker than Jesus when you got the penalty

You got the calls you got the win so f##k off back to the Panthers forum