What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 2 vs Souths

LINESPEED

Juniors
Lawrie to lock. Kerr will come in

Ironically (and sadly) injuries might be our best chance of renewal, rotation, and long term success this year (aka eliminate Waterboy from the equation).

Geez he’ll be in such a muddle he’ll need OKB’s padded cell.

ATM he’d be forward thinking 80 mins for Allgood & Lats & Nichols to lock....

Hail Mary full of ....

I suspect Kerr, Timms & Robson might bend the line - given half a chance ( which is all the kids get FFS)?

Sh*t I missed the presser and the smorgasbord of alibis for failure

Wittenberg

Juniors
With Friz out I would assume 2 scenarios:

1. (Likely) Lawrie to lock and Kerr onto the bench.

2. (Possible but unlikely) McInnes to lock and Robson to starting hooker

Whatever the scenario however, we are going to face a world of pain over the next few weeks.

Be prepared!
I think McInnes does have the strength and talent to play lock but someone needs to tell him he will have to run when we have the ball.

Dragons22

Juniors
My ideal round 2 team:
1. Dufty
2. Pereira
3. Lomax
4. Lafai
5. Ravalawa
6. Widdop
7. Hunt
8. Graham
9. McInnes
10. Vaugahn
11. Host
12. Sims
13. Leilua
14. Robson
15. Laitmore
16. Lawrie
17. Kerr
Won't happen though

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Sucks that Frizell, Korbin and JDB are out as I think that really reduces the quality of the game in the middle. It’s been start of season hell for you guys but maybe there’s some shining lights in players like Lawrie, Ravalawa, Robson. We went through a shitty injury toll for a couple of years and it saw us emerge some of the young talent we have playing for us now such as Graham, Burns, Murray and Tatola. It’s not a terrible time to get injuries and it’ll help your depth in the long run. I still think it’s gonna be a good game just due to the fact that both teams are always up for the challenge, despite injuries.

Dragonsamy

Bench
This is where we need our halves to stand up and show their worth ..... Play the game in their zone , good kicking game , vary it up a bit , hang on forgot whos our coach ....

Hazz
Or just don't listen to the coach just play what's in front of you.
No that not right we have to play dragons footy.
And silly me I thought dragons footy was to win games (at least it you to be).

BLM01

First Grade
"Plus it was a short turnaround but that's no excuse."
Can anyone tell me why these stupid reporters cant ask direct game specific questions to losing coaches in a press conference instead of asking roundabout excuse questions...(e.g. what do the coaches think?, referee decisions, how was your prep?, 5 day turnaround an issue etc etc) and in Mary's case for Round 1 harp on the JDB saga hoping for Mary to say..that was it...thats why we lost... it affected the squad and preparation.

Just put them in the spotlight a bit!
Just 4 I would ask Mary as a reporter in the Round 1 press conference on what I saw as an observer or Round 2 coaches preview examples..

Ques..Mary....You seemed to instruct a lot of one out running with no 2nd phase or offloads where the opposition was prepared to do that..why is that?. Letting the ball go resulted in your 1st try.
Ques...Mary..why did you wait until you were 12 behind on a wet night with 15-20 to go to bring on your 2 X-Factors in Luc & Dufty or change up your game plan
Ques...Mary..Do you think you are doing too much passing before the line making it easy for the opposition to read stifling your attack?
Ques...Mary..Your team only averaged 40m a set going forward. Is there a problem there that should be looked at?

Crush

Coach
Can anyone tell me why these stupid reporters cant ask direct game specific questions to losing coaches in a press conference instead of asking roundabout excuse questions...(e.g. what do the coaches think?, referee decisions, how was your prep?, 5 day turnaround an issue etc etc) and in Mary's case for Round 1 harp on the JDB saga hoping for Mary to say..that was it...thats why we lost... it affected the squad and preparation.

Just 4 I would ask Mary as a reporter in the Round 1 press conference on what I saw as an observer or Round 2 coaches preview examples..

Ques..Mary....You seemed to instruct a lot of one out running with no 2nd phase or offloads where the opposition was prepared to do that..why is that?. Letting the ball go resulted in your 1st try.
Ques...Mary..why did you wait until you were 12 behind on a wet night with 15-20 to go to bring on your 2 X-Factors in Luc & Dufty or change up your game plan
Ques...Mary..Do you think you are doing too much passing before the line making it easy for the opposition to read stifling your attack?
Ques...Mary..Your team only averaged 40m a set going forward. Is there a problem there that should be looked at?
Ques...Mary you have taken your best player in Widdop out of his preferred position and put him in a position which he doesn't seem comfortable in. Do you think this is smart given he has been one of the best 5/8 in the competition for the past few seasons?

Dragonslayer

First Grade

Your questions are interesting and relevant given the stats from the first game.

For the stat for line engaged we have to go deep down to 22nd on the list before we find Ben Hunt with 3, then Widdop at 34th. No-one else in the top 50. The Storm have 3 players in the top 5, the Cowboys have 4 before we get to Hunt. Our opposition on Thursday have 2 in the top 10, Reynolds and Cook.

As far as offloads our best was, believe it or not, was Latimore with 2.

So basically our game plan is for McInnes to pick up and pass to either Hunt or Norman who the oass on to a one out forward who takes the tackle, rinse and repeat until tackle 5 and then kick. Genius!

Smurf

Juniors
It’s amazing that after that semi final against the Broncos were we absolutely killed it ( one of the best games ever )
You would think McGregor would of realized that a spine of
Dufty 1
Widdop 6
Hunt 7
And the classy centre Lomax
Would be the first picked for 2019
But no
Moves Widdop
Gives Dufty 10 mins from the bench
And god forbid , doesn’t even select Lomax
He is a dead set idiot

Rant over

BLM01

First Grade
Ques...Mary you have taken your best player in Widdop out of his preferred position and put him in a position which he doesn't seem comfortable in. Do you think this is smart given he has been one of the best 5/8 in the competition for the past few seasons?
Lol..1 reporter can only ask so many questions. Maybe a couple of reporters combined can hit all coaches with the real game specific stuff..not the premeditated standard same questions each time or are they not allowed to? That would be entertainment and engaging with the fans..answering the obvious.

LINESPEED

Juniors
It’s amazing that after that semi final against the Broncos were we absolutely killed it ( one of the best games ever )
Dufty 1
Widdop 6
Hunt 7
But no
Moves Widdop
He is a dead set idiot

Rant over

The basket case has alsorans to be loyal to

BLM01

First Grade
Dufty 1
Widdop 6
Hunt 7
But no
Moves Widdop
He is a dead set idiot

Rant over
You know why?.
Because all the arm chair commentator experts said that is what was going to happen and Mary just follows and thinks that sounds like a good idea.

I will stand by Norman or Aitken to 14, Lomax to 3 because one thing where Mary said is right, you need cover for your backs cause of injury. Whoever out of those 2 is not picked on bench plays Reggies until injury strikes the backs.

My pack just without JDB is Vaughan, Simms x 2, Frizz, McInnes, Lawrie start, Reserves now are Graham, Luc & Host + Norman. Aitken reggies, Lomax in

The next 2 in line for this week are Timm & Robson.
Drop Timm or Robson when KSims comes back for Round 3

Latest posts