What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 2 vs The Dragons

franklin2323

Immortal
We have so many fullback options it’s hard to know who’ll end up there. There’s big wraps on Staines, and obviously Laurie. Although Laurie needs to bulk up for FG. Then you have Edwards, Crichton and possibly Burton.

Laurie looked pretty good in NSW Cup. Even took a few into touch keep that going when he eventually gets to play footy again and who knows

The New South Wales Rugby League is set to announce tomorrow that all rugby league, from under-6's through to the NSW Cup, will be postponed until June.

The NSWRL held a meeting this morning, where it was determined that all competitions would be suspended until mid-way through the year as a result of the coronavirus pandemic.
https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/sp...ml?ref=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_source=rss_feed

Other countries are implementing a ban of no more than 10 people in one place.
The end is coming, unfortunately.

My son plays junior footy for Emu Plains. I wish there was a ‘dislike’ option :frowning2:

Crashtest

Juniors
That's an awesome starting forward pack, if they run out as named. I like Yeo starting on an edge, less errors than Martin, and can move to lock during the game.

Relieved to see Kikau named, and no serious shoulder injury.

That's a bummer the Dragons moved Lomax from from the fullback position, after watching how bad he played last week it would of been an advantage to Penrith if they had kept him there.

Panfa

Juniors
I see chrichton as a centre we have enough depth at fullback to even let aekins go.Edwards Laurie staines even mcgrady goes well at fullback also.I can see our future backline as Edwards mcgrady chrichton naden t'oo with Laurie and staines as back ups for any Injuries.

martielang

Bench
I'm hearing this too, but in days rather than weeks.

I’ve heard Friday but my last big scoop was the season was being suspended rather than played behind closed doors (& it genuinely came from someone who would know), so I didn’t want to risk going 0/2 this early in the season!

mxlegend99

Referee
The NRL might continue if the rest of us are locked down as they are in their own version of isolation with no public contact.
I dont see any danger in them playing on. The measures taken are pretty advanced IMO and if anything the players health is safer with these measures than if we shut down the competition and they are all off doing their own thing.

This isnt some magical virus that can infect people who dont come into contact with it. Should a player get sick it's unlikely to be worse than a cold anyway. These guys are a hell of alot fitter and healthier than the average person.