What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 2 Vs Tigers

Fangs

Coach
Moylan's defence is okay.

He definately stepped up a gear after his Origin debut last year. It was noticeably better in my eyes.

Jarryd Hayne looks laconic in defence, but has made some unbelievable saves during his career. On that subject, here is a show stopping tackle from the Plane last year during his Titans debut.

At 28 secs:

And another unbelievable save from 09 against the Dogs.

At 2.45 secs:

Moylan looks laconic and gets a similar result. Definately one part of his game that needs some improvement. Watch Slater behind the play the ball, he almost never stops moving.

He can also take a look at Lachlan Coote who is a couple inches shorter but a far much better defender. Who remember his killer tackle on Willie Mason at Penrith?

soc123_au

Staff member
I remember that tackle. The chooks couldn't take a trick that day. Pretty sure that was the same game Anasta played fullback.

soc123_au

Staff member
I reckon he can probably afford a few bottles of Grecian 2000 if he wants to hang on to those boyish looks.

mxlegend99

Referee
Ive wanted to see that. But their are no signs we will ever try it.

Moylan isnt ever moving to 6 either. Not with Griffin atleast. Hes the only player he won't give a crack it seems.
I was wrong about this. He really would give anyone a go.

How good was it beating a top 4 team by such a margin though? Second place on the ladder at the time. So seeing deadlast (us) smash second place was really impressive.

Takes some amazing coaching to get such a victory.