What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 20 v Dolphins

Pjf04b

Juniors
I’m sure he would love to achieve it at Penrith during the regular season when the regular fans can attend. Waiting for a home final cuts out many regulars.

Iamback

Coach
Is anyone giving us more then 7/10 as a rating as a whole this year?

We are running out of weeks to get it going. Play the best 17 as fit, unless the Origin guys pick up niggles play them.

They can rest up early in the week at Training

soc123_au

Staff member

We are running out of weeks to get it going. Play the best 17 as fit, unless the Origin guys pick up niggles play them.

Only been a few games above 7 really. On a whole 7 is a bit generous. But we are pretty much where we need to be ladder wise so no point playing a 9 or 10 every week yet.

Look at Liam Martin, his first few years he was a beast early and fizzled out a bit at the back end. Last year he did what he needed to early and ramped it up around now, looking at Origin and last week he is doing the same this year. I know when I want him really ripping in. Nothing gets won in May, just have to make sure you dont lose too many.

Kilkenny

Coach

I’d probably give a 6/10 all things taken into account.

I think we’ve done extraordinary well just to put ourselves in with a chance of a top four finish.

I think overall we haven’t yet peaked or shown the sort of form which is going to be needed to win again this year, but obviously if Nathan returns, stay fit and healthy, then that could change.

We certainly need to find a way to score more points, Nathan will obviously help there and one or two players need to find better, or there best form.

Iamback

Coach
I’d probably give a 6/10 all things taken into account.

I think we’ve done extraordinary well just to put ourselves in with a chance of a top four finish.

I think overall we haven’t yet peaked or shown the sort of form which is going to be needed to win again this year, but obviously if Nathan returns, stay fit and healthy, then that could change.

We certainly need to find a way to score more points, Nathan will obviously help there and one or two players need to find better, or there best form.

It probably says more about the rest of the comp then anything.

Most are losing games they should win regularly.

I agree attack is the concern,

8 games left, A couple are short turnarounds. It is reasonable to expect a HIA or 2 as well.

My point is we have yet to have our top side on the park this year, Form has been shaky so we shouldn't rest guys.

We can't help guys who can't play though

globalpanther

Juniors
It probably says more about the rest of the comp then anything.

Most are losing games they should win regularly.

I agree attack is the concern,

8 games left, A couple are short turnarounds. It is reasonable to expect a HIA or 2 as well.

My point is we have yet to have our top side on the park this year, Form has been shaky so we shouldn't rest guys.

We can't help guys who can't play though
I hope he plays them. We have a 7 day turnaround after this game followed by another 7 day turnaround. Rest them during training. I think this yr is vital for top 2 as playing Melb or Roosters away is a lot tougher than at Penrith.

Iamback

Coach
Only been a few games above 7 really. On a whole 7 is a bit generous. But we are pretty much where we need to be ladder wise so no point playing a 9 or 10 every week yet.

Look at Liam Martin, his first few years he was a beast early and fizzled out a bit at the back end. Last year he did what he needed to early and ramped it up around now, looking at Origin and last week he is doing the same this year. I know when I want him really ripping in. Nothing gets won in May, just have to make sure you dont lose too many.

We are exactly in the same spot points wise as last year.

Last year though we had early season form - Well after Bathurst. This year we need to find it. So it means we have to have a different attitude in the run home.

A few bum teams to run up a score on in theory. Lets see how it plays out

Iamback

Coach
I hope he plays them. We have a 7 day turnaround after this game followed by another 7 day turnaround. Rest them during training. I think this yr is vital for top 2 as playing Melb or Roosters away is a lot tougher than at Penrith.

That is what I going by.

We have struggled v Parra too in the past.

Give the guys 3 games leading into the Parra/Storm double

soc123_au

Staff member
We are exactly in the same spot points wise as last year.

Last year though we had early season form - Well after Bathurst. This year we need to find it. So it means we have to have a different attitude in the run home.

A few bum teams to run up a score on in theory. Lets see how it plays out
We flexed against the Sharks just to show we can. Apart from that we have done as much as we had to. Somewhat healthy come September and we are getting a 4th.

Iamback

Coach
We flexed against the Sharks just to show we can. Apart from that we have done as much as we had to. Somewhat healthy come September and we are getting a 4th.

In theory it makes sense.

I'd still like to see us flex for a month or so leading into the finals

Stinkfinger

Juniors
Pretty sure it will just be at Penrith, not overall. Although if Wiki is correct and he is on 235 right now he needs 8 more to go past Carter with 242. He will get that this year regardless of what he does next Sunday. (Injury aside) Round 27 if he plays, first week of finals if he doesn't. 250 will be next year either way.
It will not be possible to break the record held by Carter at Penrith if he doesn't play this week, with the ground not being used next year. If he doesn't play this week he could equal it in week 1 of the finals and break it in either week 2 or the prelim.

Latest posts