What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 20 v Dolphins

MrBlack

Juniors
The ladder is getting tighter now. We cant afford to give the Dolphns this game. I could be a 4 point turn around on the table if we do.

Play the SOO guys and rest them at training. Unless someone picks up an injury in Origin

Fangs

Coach
Its a pretty soft run home with only the Storm as a real finals tune up. We want to be well oiled in 5 rounds from now:

Dolphins (Home)
Dragons (Away)
Knights (Home)
Eels (Away)
Storm (Home)
Canberra (Away...only game outside Sydney)
Rabbits (Home)
Titans (Home)

I think we need to start delivering some consistency from this Dolphins game. Our biggest streak in 2024 is only 4 games. Compare that to previous seasons:

2023: 8 wins
2022: 8 wins
2021: 12 wins
2020: 17 wins

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Its a pretty soft run home with only the Storm as a real finals tune up. We want to be well oiled in 5 rounds from now:

Dolphins (Home)
Dragons (Away)
Knights (Home)
Eels (Away)
Storm (Home)
Canberra (Away...only game outside Sydney)
Rabbits (Home)
Titans (Home)

I think we need to start delivering some consistency from this Dolphins game. Our biggest streak in 2024 is only 4 games. Compare that to previous seasons:

2023: 8 wins
2022: 8 wins
2021: 12 wins
2020: 17 wins

It will come down to loading on their bodies.

Much better to rest them if in doubt, Especially if their injury risk is heightened. I can't see Ivan playing the SOS players unless super confident about their fitness.

age.s

First Grade
Play each origin guy if they're fit. We've been in the enviable position of being able to rest most of the team in the final week of the season the past few years. Dropping points now without origin players and needing them to play in the final week in order to secure top 2 is just robbing Peter to pay Paul.

If they're not fit it's a different story.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Play each origin guy if they're fit. We've been in the enviable position of being able to rest most of the team in the final week of the season the past few years. Dropping points now without origin players and needing them to play in the final week in order to secure top 2 is just robbing Peter to pay Paul.

If they're not fit it's a different story.
Can't agree. We are coming off a bye so Ivan should be able to win this with 2 week prep and Nathan back with the younger boys plus our international front row. We are locked into the top 4 and losing Yeo, Dyl, Luai or To'o would be far worse than losing 2 points. We have a very soft draw from here

betcats

Referee
He has rested all the origin boys. Interesting team, Casey and Luron named for their second games. Looks like Jesse is injured as he wasnt named anywhere, He has Lauire at FB but Iongi 18th man, maybe a late change?

Panther Mike

Juniors
Getting annoyed at Ivan and some of his selections. Not just the resting of Origin players but also picking plodders like Schneider, who is in ordinary form and even his good form isn’t special.
I can see us losing again this weekend with that team named, because Nathan will be rusty and the Dolphins have plenty of speed in their team. If they don’t make errors, then they can easily match us with no Edwards, Yeo, To’o, Luai and Martin etc

Basically gifting the minor premiership to Storm and 2nd place to the Roosters if we drop another game because we’d rather rest players than put ourselves in the best position possible to go for a 4th straight title.

Fangs

Coach
Interesting team. We are backing Cleary to fire and carry us on Sunday.

I'm still seeing a lot of points in this one. That is a strong Dolphins backline.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Great decision to rest everyone and Garner back is big. He's out performed Martin this year who has pissed me off honestly, he hasn't put in for us like he has for NSW once this year.

Iamback

Coach
Iongi didn't play NSW Cup last week. Ivan is losing his touch with these mind games

Ivan of 2021 names Edwards not an injured fullback to cover the debut

Latest posts