What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 20 v Dolphins

Girds89

Bench
This isn’t under 14’s mate. What you are describing is how children defend.

You can clearly see that Tago is waiting for Nath to release so he can jam and trap. Nath can’t go because the inside didn’t release, the inside man being Henry.

What I’m saying is what you have been preaching for weeks….. you’re a hard person to agree with!

Exactly this isnt under 14s...

Not describing how u14s defend at all. The basics of footy are the same regardless to nrl or under 10s.. number up.

Tago doesn't know what to do. Thats his issue atm.. hes so dowm on form he doesnt have the confidence to jam and hes not 100% trusting so hes getting caught in no mans land..

Not his fault in whole given he shouldnt be in that position but yeah..

You can't give overlaps and numbers up to blokes like hammer and walsh and ponga and hope your insides read it and release early enough to cover.... blokes like walsh and ponga and hammer burn defensive lines even when your numbered up perfectly...

Today we werent (again.... this isnt a new thing this year)

Can have the best inside defemders in the game but if you don't number up you will get burned by good teams especially teams with players like walsh hammer etc.

We arent a "fast" team. We need to number up properly to be good in d.

Like ive been saying for 4 months we just are playing way to condensed in the middle amd its leaving the edges short.

Girds89

Bench
It's really only a very very select few on here. Outside LU and people see it.

That is how it works. They check and release on the pass. Henry looks to have the second rower covered but cleary takes the decoy so you end up with 2 defenders covering one attacker in field and the space outside cleary where he's suppose to be hammer runs through. Cleary didn't release quick enough on the pass. Luai does the same thing in origin just this last week but successfully on multiple occasions as an example.

F@ck me dead..

All this check and release crap..

Yeah that's fine..

HAVE TO NUMBER UP FIRST.....

Seriously.

Go watch some of the tries crittas sides leaked today... hes the best defender in the game... they didmt have the numbers and the cows scored.

Only so much you can do when your outnumbered..

Watch the blues on Wednesday..qld didnt score.... nsw numbered up perfectly all effing night.. not once did qld get numbers up..walsh couldnt get the overs play.

Its huge. Helped that moses is extremley fast but still. If you number up well you stop trys..

Its a simple as that.

Ppl expect tago to stop tries which are essentially two on ome at times.. when the real issue stems from 15m in field

Girds89

Bench
Turuva was dropped against Broncos. Played on the left today - no issues

Schneider was right side same game - left today no issue

Funny how these guys are almost perfect on the left but the problem on the right

You and smug should coach. Our x3 premiership winning coach clearly has no idea

Chins get the wins

First Grade
F@ck me dead..

Yeah that's fine..

Seriously.

Go watch some of the tries crittas sides leaked today... hes the best defender in the game... they didmt have the numbers and the cows scored.

Watch the blues on Wednesday..qld didnt score.... nsw numbered up perfectly all effing night.. not once did qld get numbers up..walsh couldnt get the overs play.

Its huge. Helped that moses is extremley fast but still. If you number up well you stop trys..

Its a simple as that.

Ppl expect tago to stop tries which are essentially two on ome at times.. when the real issue stems from 15m in field
Even when in position Tago shirt grabs a lot. It's not a chink in the system. He's straight up bad and the whole comp knows it now.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
F@ck me dead..

Yeah that's fine..

Seriously.

Its a simple as that.

Nope. I just don’t think you understand how our system works. I thought what you were saying was correct, but I now I don’t think you get it.

I’m certainly not going to explain it on here, but what you’re describing, isn’t the way we defend.

Girds89

Bench
Nope. I just don’t think you understand how our system works. I thought what you were saying was correct, but I now I don’t think you get it.

I’m certainly not going to explain it on here, but what you’re describing, isn’t the way we defend.

Mate no offence bit this is why i get frustrated with you. You just say crap..

Ive broken down our defence to a tee and its been posted on socials and spoken about by ex players in commentary backing up what ive said.. i mean that you tube video that someone posted showing it wasn't tagos fault weeks back... was a carbon copy of my post for reasons.

You say this isnt how we defend..i can bloody guarantee we don't intend to defemd short of numbers..

That first try today we were AT LEAST 1 short. Could argue 2.

I domt care what you say.. ivan doesn't coach us to number up incorrectly.. thats basic u14s footy..

I domt care how we defend... and the structures.. it doesnt matter..

We were short on the try from the get go.. if wed numbered up better they don't score..

If you actually watch it closely..from.the time its passed at dummy half its actually 9 on 6... (nikorima never gets involved but hes still on there left). 8 on 6 if you take him out

Is that how ivan coaches us haha? To npt number up.

Iamback

Coach
You and smug should coach. Our x3 premiership winning coach clearly has no idea

Turuva admitted he and Tago got blasted for their defence in Manly game.

Since then Turuva has been dropped and now switched wings... That would imply that unlike you Ivan knows there is an issue.

Problem with dropping Tago is the lack of options so that is harder to do BUT none of us know if it has been discussed

Girds89

Bench
Turuva admitted he and Tago got blasted for their defence in Manly game.

Since then Turuva has been dropped and now switched wings... That would imply that unlike you Ivan knows there is an issue.

Problem with dropping Tago is the lack of options so that is harder to do BUT none of us know if it has been discussed

Nathan admitted he had a shocker in defence today....

Does ivan have an issue with nath for reads??? I mean he blamed himself today..

Hahahhaha. Unlike me?? Ive said alll year..literally all year the defence on the right is a concern. Ive said all year its due to a condensed defense.. not numbering up... different 17 every week... henry at 2md row and hes not a 2md row..

Domt lie and say i havent acknowledged the issue... i have every week.. im jusy saying tago isn't solely to blame like you gooses haha..

Theres a lot of reasons why its been poor..

Tago isn't the main reason

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Nathan admitted he had a shocker in defence today....

Does ivan have an issue with nath for reads??? I mean he blamed himself today..

Hahahhaha. Unlike me?? Ive said alll year..literally all year the defence on the right is a concern. Ive said all year its due to a condensed defense.. not numbering up... different 17 every week... henry at 2md row and hes not a 2md row..

Domt lie and say i havent acknowledged the issue... i have every week.. im jusy saying tago isn't solely to blame like you gooses haha..

Theres a lot of reasons why its been poor..

Tago isn't the main reason
He's the only part that hasn't moved and it's very clear the players next to him don't trust him