What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 20 v Rabbits

getsmarty

Immortal
Amazing how our dud coaches have managed against all odds to keep us in the 8 ?,,,

The way people are talking, anyone would think we are bottom of the ladder ...

And yes I am a passionate supporter like all of you... Its about balance...with so many suspensions and injuries along with the lack of depth...we have struggled to field a regular lineup which, does effect our ability to have strong combinations on the park....anyway, carry on...don't allow me to confuse you with Facts.

thebigredv

First Grade
I don't get Clune picked at 14.
We have Hunt, Sullivan, Norman and Amone all halves in the starting side.
If a centre or winger gets injured, it will be hard to cover for.

I wouldn't try to make too much sense of this one SGmax. It's a chance to see the young blokes which I think we are all grateful for. Only thing is with the worst forward back to ever grace an NRL field, let's just hope it doesn't demoralise them confidence wise.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I don't get Clune picked at 14.
We have Hunt, Sullivan, Norman and Amone all halves in the starting side.
If a centre or winger gets injured, it will be hard to cover for.

Your answer lies somwhere between, who is available ie: those who aren't suspended (Rava, JDB, Bird, Lawrie & Maguire), injured (Ramsey & Williame), out of form (JP, Dufty) or serving quarantine (Lomax & Alvaro). Also, JT-B has had to go back to the Warriors.

I said previously, we were lucky to even field a 17 this week.
So, why us Clune at 14? He will he used at hooker, to give Macca a break, or, he will cover for Bud who is still only 1 game back from a long injury break.
I don't see JP or Dufty at hooker. The rest are just unavailable.

Dragons4me

Juniors
Wishing the young guys this weekend on show the very best of luck. You guys are our future and are the ones to carry on the tradition of the mighty Red V that deep down we all love. I know you'll give your all and I'll still be proud of your efforts no matter what the final score. Go and have some fun.

Dea

Juniors
I have no confidence for our winning this game. But, I am hoping to see signs of quality from our young guns. They don’t have the strongest pack to set it up for them, which will make it harder still. However, I hope they have a go, make some good runs and maybe even jag a try or two. This is about them learning what is expected at first grade and showing they want it and have what it takes. I Wish them well and will be cheering from my lounge room

Crush

Coach
Amazing how our dud coaches have managed against all odds to keep us in the 8 ?,,,

The way people are talking, anyone would think we are bottom of the ladder ...

And yes I am a passionate supporter like all of you... Its about balance...with so many suspensions and injuries along with the lack of depth...we have struggled to field a regular lineup which, does effect our ability to have strong combinations on the park....anyway, carry on...don't allow me to confuse you with Facts.
Talking about the coaches getsmarty, did you listen to the red v podcast this week and the interview with Kaid Ellis? I thought it was interesting to hear more about the coaching structure from a players perspective.
According to Ellis, Hook isn’t really giving them instruction on attack and defence or doing work with them at training, that’s Peter Gentle and Matt Head.
Hooks main role is building the culture and motivation. He is big on making sure the families are all included etc.
I was a little surprised by this. I would have thought that the head coach would be more involved in the technical aspects, team structures, attack and defence.
I know our defence needs work but I am more concerned about our attack at the moment, we just don’t look likely to score points unless it’s a crash play or a kick.
I’d love to see some slick backline plays.
I know we have had a rotating backline all year but that’s no excuse, look at Sharks backline, they’ve had as many changes as us but have maintained some potency throughout the year.
Hook must be so frustrated. The culture stinks and both the attack and defence are rubbish.

Illusion

Bench
Talking about the coaches getsmarty, did you listen to the red v podcast this week and the interview with Kaid Ellis? I thought it was interesting to hear more about the coaching structure from a players perspective.
According to Ellis, Hook isn’t really giving them instruction on attack and defence or doing work with them at training, that’s Peter Gentle and Matt Head.
Hooks main role is building the culture and motivation. He is big on making sure the families are all included etc.
I was a little surprised by this. I would have thought that the head coach would be more involved in the technical aspects, team structures, attack and defence.
I know our defence needs work but I am more concerned about our attack at the moment, we just don’t look likely to score points unless it’s a crash play or a kick.
I know we have had a rotating backline all year but that’s no excuse, look at Sharks backline, they’ve had as many changes as us but have maintained some potency throughout the year.
Hook must be so frustrated. The culture stinks and both the attack and defence are rubbish.
Ok I have worked it out , I know how we win this game all I have to do is change teams evertytime the Dragons play ..... So go you Bunnies ..... If this works you guys owe me .....

I'm Hornby

Juniors

What's that? A head coach doesn't micromanage every aspect of a team's training regime/game day strategy? Well I'm shocked!

It's almost as if assistant coaches are on the pay roll for a reason!

Surely it's not that hard to comprehend that a head coach would delegate things down to their assistant coaches to manage? At the end of the day it is still the head coach calling the shots and the assistant coaches following instructions, doesn't surprise me at all to hear that's how a football club is run mate.

Como Connection

First Grade
I think you mean Matt Elliott.
CC

Crush

Coach
What's that? A head coach doesn't micromanage every aspect of a team's training regime/game day strategy? Well I'm shocked!

It's almost as if assistant coaches are on the pay roll for a reason!

Surely it's not that hard to comprehend that a head coach would delegate things down to their assistant coaches to manage? At the end of the day it is still the head coach calling the shots and the assistant coaches following instructions, doesn't surprise me at all to hear that's how a football club is run mate.
Delegate down stuff like attack and defence? Delegate down training regime and game day strategy? Are you kidding me?
I’d have thought the head coach would be devising these fundamental aspects himself and asking the assistants to “implement” his strategies.

Illusion

Bench
check out on the dragons site our staff roster ...mind blowing...couldnt fit em all in the sheds on game night........
There lays the problem , too many fat pigs ...... Been saying for a long time needed outside influence from the Board down to the coaching staff ...... Forget ex players ......

blacksafake

First Grade
Bennett apparently does the same so I'm not surprised at this.
I've no doubt Hook does have his ideas of how he wants to play & then delegates to the right people to implement it. They do say these days it's all about "managing" the individuals in your team in order to get the best out of them.
Maybe we just have some slow learners or contrary senior players which haven't helped on the culture side of things. Hence their moving on at years end?

Crush

Coach
Bennett apparently does the same so I'm not surprised at this.
I've no doubt Hook does have his ideas of how he wants to play & then delegates to the right people to implement it. They do say these days it's all about "managing" the individuals in your team in order to get the best out of them.
Maybe we just have some slow learners or contrary senior players which haven't helped on the culture side of things. Hence their moving on at years end?
Yes mate it seems that way. From an outsider looking in it certainly looks like the trouble makers are being let go. I’d love to see them play hard but clean.
Even Bird going the niggle with Fafita after he held him up last week annoyed me. Just make the tackle, stand up and get ready for next play.