What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 20 v Storm

Girds89

Bench
We are running out of games to get form. Edwards in particular has missed plenty of footy so I think you go for the win but aren't too sad with a close loss

Edwards has been close to our best all year tho..was mom on the weekend.

We arent going to find form with all these players out.

Id be tempted to rest too as well as he looks busted even tho hes still killing it. Play r jennings if hes ok. Play falls half back. Let burton critta play centre as they have been all over the place this year and it will be a good chance for them to get practice marking up on storm centres.

Anyone not 100% id rest. Hopefully everyone bar jfh available for chooks.

roofromoz

First Grade
There is zero chance Falls plays. If he didn't play earlier against bad teams no way he plays v Storm

Burton/Luai will be the halves

Hopefully, that's the smart choice. May should not be in the starting 13 if we are fair dinkum, particularly if Momirovski is fit.

franklin2323

Immortal

We arent going to find form with all these players out.

Id be tempted to rest too as well as he looks busted even tho hes still killing it. Play r jennings if hes ok. Play falls half back. Let burton critta play centre as they have been all over the place this year and it will be a good chance for them to get practice marking up on storm centres.

Anyone not 100% id rest. Hopefully everyone bar jfh available for chooks.

None of those would play in a final though. What if a centre goes down? Who is next up? Good chance to give them a game here to see how they go v Storm. As to Burton/Luai halves as no guarantee Cleary lasts the season. So build up the partnership now.

franklin2323

Immortal
Hopefully, that's the smart choice. May should not be in the starting 13 if we are fair dinkum, particularly if Momirovski is fit.

May would be fine in Yeo's role. Tackle and get into 1st reciever a bit. Be interesting how the 13 plays this week

But yes generally May should never start

age.s

First Grade
I like Edwards but he hasn't been close to our best this year. Cleary, Yeo, Fish, To'o and Martin all streets ahead, Luai, Burton and Capewell almost certainly there too.

Edwards has done well as an underrated player. Let's not flip him into one of the games most overrated now.

Original Name

Juniors
Is this ducks and drakes from both teams and coaches
Teams just don't fire 24/7. Up until like 7 weeks out from the finals Roosters weren't playing well and were scraping by in the 2018 premiership. Went on to absolutely trash the Storm in a one side massacre in the gf. Only time Storm looked scoring was when the Ado Carr intercepted it and this happened with Cronk playing like glorified trainer.

Last edited:

Pomoz

Bench
My thoughts exactly. In 1991 we only played Canberra once before the GF - they beat us 20-0. No-one remembers that game, they only remember the Grand Final.
I remember the game. I was there getting mocked by the Raider fans they made their contempt for me and my horse in no uncertain terms.