What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 20 vs Lewis & Friends

meek

Juniors
We have seen the reason Ivan supposedly wants Packer
our forwards well , less said the better
Desperetly need an enforcer
someone who, s agro upsets the opposition
we desperately need a big aggresive prop
Kite , mckndryv, latimore , manu , idris useless today
take out moylan and we get beat comprehensively
boys you should be ashamed

Puntastic

Juniors
Missing Mansour truly highlights how bad our props can be.

I'd like both Simmons and Mansour back (not that DWZ has done anything wrong).

Kite, McKendry and Manu all need to earn their paychecks. Idris needs to screw his head on a bit more, wasn't as intimidating tonight.

We're already missing Peach.

Cartwright has been solid, but if he's going to be in the side it needs to be for decent time, or none at all. We cant afford to waste a bench spot on a 15 minute stint, and he's proven he's up to the challenge. When our backrow is fit, he cant go back.

Kev can go. I know he's been solid for a few weeks, but we didn't sign him for solid. His Newcastle/WC form was far better than this. He's not part of the future of this club.

Our props are sapping the entire side. Manu needs to push up, we have enough backrowers. And when we have a viable centre, Idris can play backrow.

Kite and McKendry are holding the entire team back. We deserve a lot more from both of them. A lot of issues stem from that front row. It's a domino effect.

Tonight highlighted the mental fragility of our side. We've been committed this year, but tonight we lacked intensity/interest/belief. I don't think we've seen that this year to this degree. It wasn't that negativity got our head down, but we never cared enough to compete. We saw in the last 5 minutes what we still had left in the tank. The boys should be leaving the field exhausted, not more fired up than the previous 75.

Last edited:

Copperhead

Juniors
Over the course of the season our defence has gone from intimidating, to solid, to soft.
The ease with which opposition teams are making ground is embarrassing. Hard to see much hope from here.

Puntastic

Juniors
The sky isn't falling yet, but we will lose every game we have left if we pull a performance like that. It's not like we've played that badly all year either. I hope this doesn't convince the side that they're pretenders. We need to repair our mentality as it is after tonight's indication. Suspect Cleary might drop back to safety.

franklin2323

Immortal
Another performance from our forwards in defence & attack.... Yet come Tuesday Ivan still won't use NSW Cup players. Simply will shuffle them around

mxlegend99

Referee
We look like the same old Panthers we are all used to. A great run and now we're playing shit footy at the business end of the season. We're definitely not contenders. At this rate we could still miss out altogether.

The front row is deadset awful. Kite has been a dud. Yet Cleary loves him... and dropped Grant for playing much better footy then Kite ever has for us.

Doomednow

Bench
Peahart performance today. Main problems were defense and toothless forwards. I'm used to the forwards having nothing but you could just see there was no urgency in defense (from nearly the whole team) today, like they didn't really care. There was a few minutes where the Sharks were offloading at will. It looked like players were putting in minimum, effort, in a "Look I tackled him I've done my bit my job is over it's someone else's problem now" kind of way. Did not play like a good team in defense.

The tries we did score were good, but the rest was rubbish. Wallace should not have been rushed back in. Might be some problems with motivation. This is not the team we had seen play up until 2 weeks ago.

Hopefully they will wake the f**k up for the remaining games they will play.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
Mansour will fix the go forward some what.

For us to win some of these hard games coming up we might have to take the handbrake off Cartwright and tell him to play razzle dazzle

Then, if he makes a mistake, Cleary can drop him for Docker with no guilt.

[/cynical]

pantherpuddy

Juniors
we got sucked in by the sharks to play the boring mundane style they were only capable of playing to win the game. Our forwards had no impact and kite and plum shouldn't be on the field as starting props. Highly disappointing in a must win game

chrisD

Coach
A reality check really. I think the only thing we do really well are the outline back plays on the right hand side. Everything else is very much work in progress I guess, the main thing is we're a fair bit better team than last year, just need to keep building.

MrAnonymous

Bench
we got sucked in by the sharks to play the boring mundane style they were only capable of playing to win the game. Our forwards had no impact and kite and plum shouldn't be on the field as starting props. Highly disappointing in a must win game
This

The sharks are masters at grinding boring football. We played into there hands today and our whole forward pack got dominated by Fifita. I would of hated to see what would of happened to us today if Gallen played.

Our front row is a f**king joke

Kite,Plum,Mckendry soft as all f**k. f**king harden merkins. There has to be changes to the front row next week. That shit was f**king pathetic today.

I hate to say it but all the haters were right, we are pretenders and no where near a top 8 side.

ammatt

Juniors
Defence was really good overall, especially in the first half when the sharks could only score from a kick after having 4 to 5 sets on us.
Attack was very disappointing, seemed to be going nowhere.
Wallace should have been given another week or 2 before bringing him back. Hope this doesn't bite us in the long term.
As for a work in progress, I think it is time to man up and start to deliver.
We have shown signs this year that we are good enough, just not consistent enough

mxlegend99

Referee
Manu to prop. RCG or BMM IN. Plum and Kite out.

Idris to second row. Blake to Centre. DWZ to hold his spot ahead of Naiqama if Mansour is fit.

TheFrog

Coach
Just back from Bathurst, a disappointing result.

I thought we were pretty poor in the first half but quite considerably better in the second. We didn't quite deserve to win but could have pulled it out of the fire in the final minutes.

The Sharks did not play like a bottom of the table team. They made very few mistakes and wanted to win. They made more gound in possession than us and I would suggest they have a better forward pack than we do.

I don't know really who out best were. It was a bit hard to see at the ground. Carrington Park unfortunately is not really of NRL standard, although it does appear the event was a great success for the city of Bathurst.

chrisD

Coach
Idris did play 2nd row didn't he? And Yeo centre. Missed a lot from my little mud patch at that shithole we lose a home game for.

Latest posts