Round 20 vs Storm

Discussion in 'St George Illawarra Dragons' started by getsmarty, Sep 20, 2020.

1. Number of the Beath

Number of the Beath Juniors

Well said.

I wonder if Ben and Corey like the English weather...

2. Forbes Creek Dragons

Forbes Creek Dragons Bench

Feagai hits like a truck, when he was in the clear and Aitken kicked infield I almost enjoyed it knowing it was the last time I’d see it.

ALSGI, blacksafake, be55 and 7 others like this.
  3. VodkaSaint

VodkaSaint Juniors

Every time a youngster has been given a go, they have not Disappointed, Blacker although given shit game time, Bud Sullivan, Ramsey , Max and his Brother all could have been given a go early in the season, The reserves did beat our firsts didnt they, what could have been, I would rather watch our youngsters having a go rather than those dead beats running around

ALSGI, Gareth67, to_ddeath and 3 others like this.
  4. chowiesplatterpoo2

chowiesplatterpoo2 Juniors

Honestly, what are they going to do with him? $850k just useless. Its so obvious Sullivan has so much more, particularly in the current game format. He goes 100 miles an hour, norman is slow motion.

be55, to_ddeath, St Georgio and 3 others like this.
  5. qld redvee

qld redvee Juniors

didnt see or hear the game just read your views So how did blacker do in his 10 minutes -- does he show "promise"

Nice to end the season on a win and lets hope griffin can announce a good signing or 2 very soon to give us more hope for 21..
    Next year with a proper coach w eshould all be much happier !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    lets look forward to plenty of banter in the off season

6. hazzbeen

hazzbeen Bench

Blacker a big body , not enough game time to judge him .....

7. blacksafake

blacksafake Guest

It’s nice to finally have a win over the storm, even allowing for the storm being way below full strength.
    Sullivan looked comfortable & is one tough little bugger. With a few shrewd signings Hook just may have something to work with.

8. Gold_Coast Dragon

Gold_Coast Dragon Juniors

For mine, Rav and JP are still our best wingers at least for the moment, Ramsey and Fegai can't steal metres when they are needed most. Maybe a big off-season will change that.

Great to see J.S put his body on the line, that puts him one up on Sailor and validates the decision to let Sailor go.

Zac Lomax is the ultimate competitor, love his determination.

9. Slippery Morris

Slippery Morris First Grade

After watching Aitken try and score from dummy half when the Saints where close to the line and had the Storm on the rack, it made me realise how good it will be not seeing him again in the red V. Selfish dumb play. Feagai looked great and can hit like a truck. He is going to be great. Sullivan's try assist was so good. The guy was running at the line and got smashed a few times but kept getting up. His kick was pure class as you could see it was eyes up footy and played what was in front not just a standard kick and hope. This guy is going to be special. How you can put Norman ahead of this guy after Norman's poor efforts early in the season is purely bad coaching. Feagai and Sullivan should have been in for Aitken and Norman a few rounds ago especially when they had the easier games ahead of them.

How good was it seeing positions 1-7 all Saints juniors. Like I have said before, pathways system is awesome, pity the head coach blocks it progressing to the final stage and giving them NRL experience by picking all hasbeens. So much money would have been saved. Maybe Mat Head should be given credit for this and be the assistand for Hook to reward him for getting them NRL ready.

redv13, ALSGI, blacksafake and 8 others like this.
  10. Dragsters

Dragsters Bench

Yeah, like the time the ball went through the backline, got to Aitken, Feagai outside him with an overlap and Aitken passed it, back inside to Host who got smothered by the Storm defense.

Ahhh, classic Euan, gonna miss those moments...

NOT!

11. I'm Hornby

I'm Hornby Juniors

Great win to finish the season.

I would've liked to see Blacker get a bit more game time but suspect Hook will use him next year and get him playing well for us.

Sullivan showed his talent which was great and Ramsey and Feagai both looked good.

Loved saying Mcinnes and Dufty combine for that try and for me that means Mcinnes should be at 9 next year.

The low light was Clune who took the wrong option all afternoon and didn't offer much at all in attack, hopefully he'll be moved on next year.

12. Blood Shot Eyes

Blood Shot Eyes Bench

Positives from today are we did beat The Storm (albeit their reserves)....
    Sullivan looks every bit a player of the future....and I say that because he has great awareness and I like the way he challenges the defensive line...and it was noted that he got absolutely pummeled a number of times but still didn't sherk his duties
    Imo he will make a great halve pairing with Hunt
    McInnes needs to play hooker thats where he does his best work
    Young Ramsey is still a work in progress but he is sound in his position and wont let anyone down
    I think Feagai joins Lomax in the centres now that Aitken has gone
    Either Sims is carrying an injury or his better days are behind him...as for the rest of our fowards still think we need a few newies from elsewhere but we look forward with interest to see how Hook develops what we have already

13. Dragons4me

Dragons4me Juniors

We beat the cheating purple slime so I'm happy. So good to take a win after a shit year. loved when the camera panned to Bellamy. I think I counted five f..ks in a six word sentence from him. There was something different out there today instead of the same dreary play that became the norm under McGregor. I don't put that down to DY either. Really looking forward to 2021 brings under Hook. Finally a change!!

14. epDragon62

epDragon62 Bench

Are you saying you’ll go postal? :astonished:

Last edited: Sep 27, 2020
    be55 likes this.
  15. Forbes Creek Dragons

Forbes Creek Dragons Bench

Yeah thank Kogarah Jesus he’s gone now. I enjoyed every wrong decision he made.

redv13 likes this.
  16. thebigredv

thebigredv Juniors

Would be starting with Ramsey on the wing for sure. Pereira is a great back up and rava gets a nod if he is in form and defending better under hook. Not to mention id have max in Aitken's place, no need to go buy a centre.

17. TruSaint

TruSaint Coach

Thank you for pointing this out.
    During the game, it didn't register. That is something to be proud of, irrespective of the game's importance. Well done to the kids.

18. Sloth

Sloth Juniors

I think if we count our tries for the year you will find we scored more from outside the 20 than than inside the 20.
    What that says to me is that our coaches set plays are shit and we did our best work by not following his game plans.
    Hopefully Hook allows us to continue with some ad lib plays but also provides some different scoring options inside the 20. We are not as bad as we have been playing........I hope

19. thebigredv

thebigredv Juniors

Our back rowers are not talented enough with ball in hand. They don't create enough second phase play or offload when they make a half break. I like ford for example but he just did a lot of running into players today instead of hitting a gap. Host can be easily replaced and hopefully from a footy perspective De Belin is back and we can do a lot to build from within.

Happy for hook to come in and get rid of the following and look for something fresher up front:

Kerr - plateaued terribly, bad defense
    Merrin - why did they even bother?
    Host (gone)
    Sims 1 - past it, injury prone
    Sims 2 - past it, injury prone
    Fuimoaono - not offering much at all since making a good first hit out
    Ellis - nothing special really

Dragon David likes this.
  20. boardlumps62

boardlumps62 Juniors

Wait too early yet

VodkaSaint likes this.